OZ The Village of Bunbury

Evalora yawned loudly as she moved around the expanse of the forest. Her long white hair drifted behind her like a cape. Tall ears stood proud on her head with a speckling of pail brown spots at the tips. She was dressed in her favorite outfit. A tight fitting black corset with thigh high black boots. Her short fluffy tail swished slightly from left to right as she glanced up at the sky. There didn't seem to be any rain in the air yet she couldn't shake the feeling that something was coming none the less.

Turning slightly to glance over her shoulder she gazed down the pathway she was traveling from the way she had come. She knew well that there were all sorts of things out there that would happily eat up a stray bunny. Smiling she slightly she looked ahead at the field of reddish plants she was looking for. She needed some herbs for some brews she was making. Opening the menu bar she set the search function on so she could see all the wonderful clickables. Once done she set about 'harvesting'.

Fae'fyx Gemcutter - Approaching Bunbury

The Munchkin came in like a bolt of lightning, bounding from tree branch to tree branch with incredible grace and beauty. If one were to see her pass them by, they'd be hard pressed to assume that the young girl was a scout class. Fae could be sneaky when it suited her, but for the most part, she just enjoyed living an energetic and free lifestyle. She'd come to Quadling country to map out the area, having fully explored Winkie country and Munchkin country before now and selling off the maps for profit. She'd also recorded portions of the adventures she'd had in those areas for youtube videos. Even though this game was a deathtrap, she couldn't deny that it had great scenery and she wanted to share it with the world.

As she drew closer to the village, being able to see rooftops in the distance, she stopped herself atop a tree branch, looking down at a white haired bunny girl picking some reddish plants. It had been a while since she last saw a player so she figured she'd go and say hi. "Yoohoo, Ms. Bunny girl?" She called out from the tree, jumping down to her level once she had the white haired girl's attention. "Hi there! I'm Fae. I was just on my way through and saw you all by your lonesome so I thought I'd say hello. What's your name?"

Evalora- Bunbury Outskirts

The bunny girl conjured her naginata and held it at the ready as she found herself staring at now. Her golden eyes had a glow of bountiful joy Evalora noted as she was greeted in such a jovial sound. Her tall ears perked a bit more as she lowered her weapon slightly, "Greetings, I'm known as Evalora."

Fae'fyx Gemcutter - Bunbury Outskirts

She held her hands up as the rabbit held her naginata in a combat ready stance. "Whoa now, no need for that, love. I'm just a lover of adventure passing through." Upon hearing her name, Fae couldn't help but smile a bit wider. "Evalora, huh? Pretty name for a pretty bunny. Odd that you're alone around here, you a native of Bunbury? I'm trying to map out Quadling country and it would be a lot easier to map out the main city with a guide along for the ride." She gave a wink to the much taller woman.

Evalora - Bunbury Outskirts

Twitching an ear slightly the bunny moved closer to the slightly smaller being, "You're mapping out Quadling Country? That sounds like quite the task," she rummaged in her bag a little before muttering that she needed to travel more any ways to get all the herbs she was low on, "Alright. I'll help you but on one condition."

One might have thought it impossible for a bunny creature to look evil but Evalora pulled it off with a simple grin that showed the hint of canines in her mouth. Her ruby colored eyes held a spark that could only be mischievousness. Tossing her naginata into the air it vanished in a burst of red light, "You must help me gather herbs."

The Munchkin tilted her head to the side, confused on why such a simple request required such a mischievous grin, but shrugged her shoulders. "Sounds fair to me. I'm quite the nimble thing so I reckon I'll be able to get herbs you've never been able to reach before. One question though. What do you need the herbs for? As long as we're not using them to hurt blokes then I wont judge." She said.

The whole commentary seemed to set the bunny off. Her eye narrowed sharply as she turned away from the girl picking up a few more herbs and sticking them into her bag. There were few thing she hated more than anything else. Someone assuming the bunny needed assistance was down right stupid in her honest opinion. She preferred those who would look at her stats before assuming just because she was collecting herbs she was weak or low ranked. Pulling a small blue vial from her bag she downed it and vanished from sight. It was a simple invisibility potion.

With steps as lightly as air she made her way to a large oaken tree and hopped into a low branch. Leaning back she huffed slightly. What was people like that worth in this place? They seemed to come here to ruin the simple peace that kept her from wanting to be a raging lunatic.

It seemed that at some point, the bunny girl got offended by her words, because as soon as Fae finished speaking, Evalora had downed a potion and vanished from sight. Fae was left alone in a field looking like a fool and scratching the back of her head in embarrassment. "Welp... way to go Fae. You pissed off yet another player." She said sarcastically to herself. Her confidence in her own abilities tended to border on cockiness, Evalora wasn't the first player she'd driven off because of it. She let out a sad sigh. "I'm sorry, Evalora. I didn't want to be rude." She said to the air, hoping that the bunny could hear her, then began to set off towards the village proper, her head lowered in shame.

The rabbit girl gave a huff as she stared down at the little girl. She was annoyed but at the same time she realized the player might just be unknowing of how to talk to others. There were many players like this on OZ. She tended to avoid all of them. Hopping down she glanced at herself noting her potion was wearing off now as she followed Fae into the town proper, "Don't go insulting every creature you come across simply because you can't see what they can do right off the bat. I don't need your helf gathering herbs I merely was making your proposal be appealing to myself. After all nothing is worth doing if you don't have a reason to do so."

It was the closest thing to an acceptance of apology that the other was going to get from her. Bunnies tended to be a prideful bunch despite not being on top of the food chain. Nature tended to win over logic in these parts any ways.

Her face lit back up when Evalora returned to view next to her, though she wound up hanging her head in embarrassment by the time she finished speaking. "It was more of me being a cocky shite. I take pride in my skills, but sometimes it comes across as arrogance. I gotta learn how to be humble at some point or I'm gonna find myself alone in this game." She noted somberly. It's a problem that's plagued her all her life.

As they reached the village proper, Fae's face lit back up as her map starting filling up with shops and inns. "So tell me, Evalora. How'd you wind up trapped in OZ?" She wanted to say more, about how she didn't seem like the mmo type of girl, but had already seen where assumptions got her just minutes earlier so kept the question short and simple.

Evalora- Bunbury

The bunny glanced down at the other female then gave a shrug, "It's a matter of principle really," She began as she pulled her hood up over her head. Only her ears perked out. A few younger bunnies quickly scurried away from her with what was a mix of awe and fear on their faces, "I happen to enjoy being a bunny more than being human."

It wasn't a straight forth answer and she didn't feel like she needed to give one either. Bunbury was a simple place that had everything a traveler could want or need. Stables with many different mounts, a smithy with all sorts of weapons, potions master and so on. A few things were on display but not much as the region wasn't visited much and there for left a little more open and wild. Despite it being a proper town wild beasts were able to enter and cause trouble if they managed to slip past the bunny guards. Dirt paths conveyed where the streets were and none of them were named. The farmer's market was a big event every Thursday. Thursday happened to be tomorrow which made it a good day to stalk up on travel supplies and what not for half the price.

Fae'fyx Gemcutter - Bunbury

Her eyebrows quirked a bit at the bunny's vague answer, but once again chose not to pursue the topic for fear of messing up again. The bunny kids scurrying away from her travelling companion grabbed her attention, but she decided to wait until they found a place to settle for the night. "So, does the village have an inn? I've been on the road since the Emerald City and could use a bed. Maybe buy you a drink as well?" She gave a wink to Evalora. Whatever else you could say about Fae, she wasn't subtle.

Evalora- Bunbury

Eva glanced at the girl next to her at her question, "There is an inn right over there that also serves as the local pub. I'm not much welcome in most of the places around here," When you are a witch people tended to be scared of you even if you could save their lives. Only desperate beings normally came to her seeking whatever it was that they thought she could provide for them.

An ear swiveled slightly a stalk old bunny hobbled over to them, "Ah! Evalora, my dear!" Called the clearly over the hill rabbit as he tilted his head. His large ears flopped to either side of his head and his raised voice conveyed his couldn't hear too well, "I am almost completely out of that potion you made me last time," He squinted slightly then leaned in closer to her, "If I had to guess my batty old wife is hiding it from me. Or one of the kids..."

Eva gave a nod, "I'll see to it that you get some before I set out. I'll also pass the recipe onto your oldest daughter she is good with potions last I heard."

The male nodded then eyed Fae for a moment before moving off to wander back home.

Not even a slight reaction. Fae gave a disappointed shrug at Eva's answer. "Ah well, guess we'll have more time to get to know one another on the road." Suddenly a much older rabbit made his way over to the two of them. The interaction seemed very strange to Fae, much more in depth then she could've imagined.

As the old man walked away, she spoke up again. "So was that a fellow PC friend of yours, or just a really advanced quest NPC? Because I'll be honest, I didn't see that conversation coming, love." She'd seen some NPCs before, even interacted with quest NPCs involving Munchkin race specific quests, but the it always felt off, like there were only a certain amount of scripted lines for them. The conversation Evalora just had, was filled with too many layers to be just a quest NPC

Evalora- Bunbury

The rabbit glance at the girl, "It's a glitch really," She states, "That NPC isn't even a quest giving NPC. It took me a little bit of time to figure it out but it's like the glitch that keep us from being able to log out. It makes them take on a more living personality. I have a few NPC's that seek my aid in medicines and what not. I take it you haven't stayed in a place long enough to notice the oddity."

Her ruby colored gaze lingered on Fae before she turned away, "We should get going it's not safe to be outside after dark," She warned, "There are many things that lurk about looking to make us into its prey."

With that she lead the way out the town towards a quaint little cottage with all sorts of plants growing around it clearly herbs of sorts. The thatched roof was a soft lilac color like it should have been gold if the true color spectrum of plant life existed in this world. Eva opened the door to her home and led the way inside. A few glowing coals warmed the interior of the building from their place in the hearth. Moving over there she stirred the coals and tossed a log or two on them before moving to light a few candles. Setting her pack at the end of her bed she turned to her guest, "Thirsty?"

While following Evalora back to her place, she couldn't help musing on the information she'd been given. It's certainly an interesting glitch, giving random NPCs more personality than even the quest givers. Why would a glitch be that complex though? Maybe it's not even a glitch at all.

Her thoughts were interrupted as they approached Evalora's house. The lilac roof and the herb garden gave the cottage a quaint looking feeling to it. The inside felt rather cozy as well, as if she was visiting her granny's place in the country. Taking a look around, she nodded at Evalora's question. "Parched, thank you."

As she watched the bunny girl grab her a drink, a wry smile came to the Munchkin's lips. "My, my, Evalora. Inviting a girl into your home for a few drinks when a tavern was right there? I know you weren't welcome there, but you didn't have to out of your way to have me over for the night. You wouldn't have an extra idea up your sleeve would you? Because I might be interested in whatever you had in mind." She couldn't help herself, the woman was beautiful and she'd spent far too much time by herself on the road. Flirting was in her nature.

Evalora - Bunbury, Her home

The rabbit blinked at the woman. Her large red gaze fixated on Fae. Large ears perked as if to catch any possible sound, "Don't make me regret being nice, Madam Fae'fyx Gemcutter, you might find yourself in a situation you regret if you don't stop your fraternizing," she stated coolly before crossing over to a cabinet and pulling out a bottle of honey wine. Pouring some into two wooden cups she held one out to Fae, "Here you are."

Once she had done that she move to start on making some dinner or at least heating it up from the pot that sat over the now blazing fire in the hearth. She gave it a stir as she glanced down at the only slightly bubbling liquid. It smelled like a delicious vegetable stew.

Fae'fyx Gemcutter - Evalora's home

She couldn't help but giggle at Evalora's blunt response. "That's a shame, but I suppose I'll survive without on our journey." She thanked the bunny sincerely for wine, releasing a moan of pleasure as the golden liquid slid down her throat. "Mmm, that's delicious."

She observed Evalora as the bunny went about her business, she might not be able to flirt with her, but she could still admire the view. While Eva was busy preparing dinner, Fae spoke up again, her tone friendly this time. "So in my original route through the country, my next stop after Bunbury is Amber City. From there I'd head to the great waterfall and the forest of Scares before trekking back to either here or Amber City. That sound good to you?"

Evalora - Her Home, Bunbury

An ear swiveled to better listen to the other occupant of the small house, "I don't see any problems with it so far," She hummed lightly as she scooped the stew into two bowls and placed them on the table. Along with a pitcher of mead and two wooden goblets. Sitting down herself she pulled a bowl towards her and dove into her meal. The rabbit was never the formal type. She enjoyed her quiet and the simple fact that she didn't have to belong to a deity.

Back