The wholesome thread

Frost

Why not have a thread of pure wholesomeness and soft happy things? With all the bad stuff going on in the world and maybe within ourselves I thought maybe this could help a little bit ^^ (and yes I know it's cheesy but let's just ignore that and embrace it)

So what are some things that make you guys happy? Or what calms you down after a stressfull day? It could be the smell of freshly baked bread, cuddling with you cat or maybe watching an old bond movie? It can be anything : D

Things that make me happy? Rain, ordering sushi, binge-watching Netflix with a hot cup of tea at the end of the day, having just enough free time (and movitation) to head out to the local hiking trail for a walk... *Is feeling so much more relaxed already*

Great idea for a thread, by the way!

Aww thank you C: All those things sound so good *o* Rain is definitely one for me too, oh and the tea. I just love sitting inside listening to the rain and then the smell after rain is so calming.

I also love to sing and dance while cooking or baking, lie in bed and snooze in the warmth of my covers when I know I'm free, sunbathe in our greenhouse during the summer, cuddle with kittens or have late night talks with friends where we're just laughing at everything or talking about the universe and what comes after etc.

Aww thank you C: All those things sound so good *o* Rain is definitely one for me too, oh and the tea. I just love sitting inside listening to the rain and then the smell after rain is so calming.

I also love to sing and dance while cooking or baking, lie in bed and snooze in the warmth of my covers when I know I'm free, sunbathe in our greenhouse during the summer, cuddle with kittens or have late night talks with friends where we're just laughing at everything or talking about the universe and what comes after etc.

I knooooow that moment after a storm when you step outside and everything is clean and new and makes you feel so refreshed and the whole world just smells sort of earthy...

Also, yes, cooking and baking are definitely relaxing, and those conversations? I've had similar ones, and they are some of my fondest memories. :)

I feel the most comfortable when I'm around water, especially the ocean, I'm also content with curling up on the couch with a book.

I'm real happy when summer comes around and all the trees start bearing leaves and fruit and our greenhouse starts looking like a jungle with all the plants in it.

I feel sad around rain, but it's the sort of sadness that reminds you why you love the world and all that's in it.
Because you're a part of it, and if something were to happen to you, something would happen around you.
It makes me feel whole :)

Also a good book to get lost in, where I can delve in and tell me little opinions to the characters in the stories and see the story unfold

16346725_7011de3812_b.jpg

Ferrets. Ferrets cheer me up when I'm feeling blue. They're adorable little furballs of pest control and cuteness.

Y'know, I used to have a cat named Charlie. He lived to be like 14, so he had a full life. While I had this cat, toward the end, I would occasionally suffer panic attacks. No matter where in the house I was, Charlie would find me and console me every time I had a panic attack.

Definitely holding my rabbit on my lap while watching TV. Holding her in my arms. Even interactions with her when she is in her cage. Practicing piano. And of course, writing myself out. Going out for coffee or something to eat. Lounging out on the deck during warm weather when it isn't too windy. Listening to music.

I'm real happy when summer comes around and all the trees start bearing leaves and fruit and our greenhouse starts looking like a jungle with all the plants in it.
Yeah! No jacket weather! I love being able to go outside without having to bundle up. The days are so bright and warm. It's an exhilarating time for me.

In contrast to the summer aspect, of which I am not a fan, I enjoy rainy and cold weather. Staying inside with a thick quilt, seeing rain or snow outside the window, watching old movies in your collection, that is nice. The sound of the rain is relaxing, the smell of rain is refreshing, the only downside is the occasional power surges.

Of course, I am primarily from California, so the rain was something that was rare. I never understood why some people call it depressing or dreary, it is the opposite for me.

In contrast to the summer aspect, of which I am not a fan, I enjoy rainy and cold weather. Staying inside with a thick quilt, seeing rain or snow outside the window, watching old movies in your collection, that is nice. The sound of the rain is relaxing, the smell of rain is refreshing, the only downside is the occasional power surges.

Of course, I am primarily from California, so the rain was something that was rare. I never understood why some people call it depressing or dreary, it is the opposite for me.
I like that, too. Including, believe it or not, the smell of fresh fallen snow. That smells like a glass of fresh ice water. - Which iit sort of is. And the look of it. Snow is what makes winter pretty. Rain will put me to sleep. That is wonderful unless thunder wakes me up, that isn't too much appreciated. :)

Back