To Walk Among the Stars: Heroic Fantasy

☆Luna☆

Little Fighter
Premise
You live in a world where Magic, the power forged by the gods, can be used by humans. While this gift brought great bounty to the world's inhabitants, this gift was, in fact, a mistake. The Council never intended for humanity to gain this power. They only possessed it because a deviant god broke the code, infusing it into a world of his own creation. For this, the deviant god was slain, shattering into eight pieces across his creation. Now, the Council intends to corrupt the universe until nothing remains. However, the deviant god presents our hero with a hope. Your character is designated the chosen one, one able to collect his fragments, ascend to godhood, and fight the Council and save the world.

Beginning Scene
The story starts with your character suddenly waking up appearing completely different than they usually look. Their entire body has taken the form of a cute foreign girl in her mid-twenties(exact age is negotiable). Nobody recognizes you, and you suddenly have lost the ability to speak(this is temporary, but your character doesn't know that). In the confusion, your character is cast out from their home. After sufficient time to freak out about this, your character is approached by a strange girl who claims to understand what happened to you and how to fix it.

Format
From humble beginnings, your character grows as a person through her efforts to find the 8 shards. Things start out straightforward while the Council has limited control over reality, but over time gains more and more influence, leading to increasingly difficult encounters. Your character will have to overcome the environment, fantasy creatures, the meddling of gods, and cultists, all while grappling with the immense responsibility thrust upon them. Along the way, encounter beautiful scenery, forge a romance, learn new skills and spells, and learn more about the culture of the land. Action, adventure, romance, excitement!

Central Theme
The story in a number of ways asks the question, "Are things really as they should be?" This is introduced initially as your character transforms and is forced into a journey. The Council is the antagonist, as their argument is that the entire world is incorrect. The various ways in which an individual can approach these question will echo throughout the story.

Expectations
  • Activity: Daily or faster. While you don't need to post every single day, I'd definitely appreciate at least 7 posts total over the course of a week.
  • Post Length: However long it takes to completely address the previous post and present something worthy of reaction.
  • Character Depth: I want to see a character who feels like a real person and fits thematically with the trajectory of the story.
  • Discord: I want to have contact over discord to discuss plot related stuff.
  • Writing Style: Use of internal dialogue is highly discouraged. For example, instead of "Mike thought that the idea was preposterous" I want "Mike furrowed his brow as he confirmed that he indeed heard that correctly." Show your characters thoughts through their actions rather than spelling it out directly.
  • Romance: FemaleXFemale.
  • Anime: I use anime style images for my characters and creatures, and would prefer you to follow suit.
  • Realism: Although this is a fantasy world with Gods, we are not employing anime physics.
  • Subversion: While I've presented the premise in a straightforward manner, the details get messier as the narrative progresses. The hero isn't necessarily right, the antagonists might have a point, and there may be multiple ways to resolve the issues at hand.

Endword

This concept is currently at the level of interest check and is not yet a fully realized concept. I wanted to gauge how popular this concept is before I fully flesh out the details such as the magic system and plotline. I'm intending to do this story with one or two other players. If you are interested in what you see, have any questions, or anything else you want to bring to my attention, I'd appreciate doing so in this thread as opposed to private messages. Thank you for taking the time to read my work, and I look forward to writing a story together.

This sounds really interesting and I'm intrigued. There's one thing though, I don't think I can keep up with the 7 posts a week activity requirement. I love deep and immersive roleplays but I don't want to let you down because I can't meet the post requirements. Consider me interested, though.

Aye, same here. Interested, but 7 Posts a week might be a bit out of my skill range.
Ummm, sorry, this RP is already closed. I added a tag, but I probably should have made it more clear that I've found my players. This RP was run across multiple sites with some advertising employed, so I found people willing to post at the desired rate fairly quickly. But, if I had a better understanding of what you liked in the RP, I might run a different version with a slower posting rate in the future.

Back