Urban Legends

c6h12o6^3

Mememan 2017
Hey, I'm new here and I'm looking to do an RP set in modern times with a magical twist.

I love the idea of a story in which crazy magical stuff is just a part of an everyday life. No secretive nature to it, no Harry Potter magical underbelly that needs to stay unseen, just a world where you can go to Starbucks and have a fairy serve you a coffee with an extra espresso energy spell.

Setting
The majority of the action will take place in a major city. Very New York or San Francisco-ish in nature. As for the culture and influence, I'm leaving that open. I'd like to see what we can come up with in the story. It could be something we establish while writing or something we discuss behind the scenes.

I do have a plan for the for the various species.
To begin with, humans are the most commonly seen, being basically the "Normal Type" in terms of creatures. They aren't at the top of the food chain since they are the prey of a lot of monsters, but they also aren't at the bottom since they can learn to do powerful magic. Most warlocks and witches are human.
The rarest you could find are the powerful and/or celestial immortal creatures, such as gods or angels. You'll see them in a lot of influential jobs, such as CEOs or government positions.
Most other creatures fall in between this scale, the closer to human-like or humanoid being more common, and the more animalistic being less seen.
The largest exception to this is demons. Demons are very common, not as common as humans, but they are pretty to find, especially in places that have a high population. They get attracted by all the activity. The most commonly seen demons are the ones that feed off of base desires, such as succubi/incubi, and as expected, they have the highest crime rate and the worst reputation.

Plot
I'm looking to make this mostly a character based drama. How everyone in the story lives in such a world and how they deal with each other and the consequences that come with it. Perhaps they have to the forms of prejudice that would develop, maybe they'd have to deal with the problems that'd come with being their type of magical species, or maybe deal with just all the crap that the world around can stir up. It's up to you and your characters.

Characters
I'm happy with whatever kind of magical creature or profession you'd like to write, but for the sake of reducing future confusion, I ask you to pick a something that already exists in lore and mythos, and as in the theme, making it fit with modern times. For example, say you wanted to be a witch who's a magical hacker and makes apps to aid with casting spells, or maybe a vampire who teaches night classes on history, those are fine and dandy. Or even be something out there and weird, like a mermaid jet pilot, that's great. But I'd like a creature that already has established ideas to it. No original races.

If you're interested, let me know and I will PM you a character sheet to fill out. PM it back to me when you're finished. Also, f you have any thoughts or such you'd like to share for the RP, PM me if you want it to be private, or post it here. I love hearing other people's ideas, so feel free to share!

(This seems like a really good rp that I would like to join, do I just comment here and you pm me? If not, sorry I messed that up.)

Wow, I wasn't expecting so many replies so quickly. I have the sheet done, so I'll just start PMing it to everyone. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away.

it'll take me a day or so to get my CS finished, having a rather extraordinary case of writers block. and 3 rewrites.

Nah, I decided to exclude myself from the RP, I want to but unfortunately I cant find any character that fully fits what I want. So I will leave that way I dont hold you guys up.

Back