Utopia Rejects (Part one of Merge)

Rachel Rider

Smol Turtle Girl
It was Utopia. It was Impossible. It was here.

A group of scientists, SUH (Scientists for the Unity of Humanity) had been designing a world free of pain, hunger, strife. Programing molecules. Creating something from nothing. Breaking Reality. And it came to this. The Liberation was smooth. People transported between realities like it was nothing. Everyone who had not been tagged dangerous found themselves in a new life. They had been taken into The Society.

But they were not the only ones. Another group had created something in a different field. Genetics. evolving humans at an accelerated rate. HAGE (Human Advancement and Genetic Enhancement) had created, simply, superhumans. Though these were children, due to the genes of older people found to be incompatible.

Now, HAGE is gone, but the super children remain. They are persecuted and discriminated against in Dimension 267, but they survive on their own. This is their stories. This is what happened after the liberation. This is the Merge.

Basic premise: You are one of the super children. Now, these can be anywhere from 5 to 18, but be reasonable. They must be able to talk. They must have a power or quirk. They cannot have been born in Dimension 267, and they have been there for at least 5 years. Also, reasonable powers. And you are 100% human, just genetically advanced humans. Other than that, go nuts. Remember, The Society doesn't try to kill you or harm you, but they just really hate your guts. Also, most likely your parents are dead or have disowned you. You are living with a group of other super children. In Utopian rejects, there is an overarching story. But there can be side stories. I will not, I repeat, will not give any clues or spoils.

Sorry if that is a bit ranty, but I needed to clear some things up.

Locations:
The City of the society is huge, with areas for shopping (All completely automated), housing, education, and recreation. The super children live in an area underneath the city consisting of hacked platforms (used for transportation around the city when not hacked), with makeshift tents and sleeping areas. Daily life usually consists of training for the younger kids and going out to fetch supplies for the older kids.

CS are pretty open. Include whatever is necessary for their existence. This is mine:

Name: Lavali
Power: Technological Interface (Can control computers and what not)
Bio: Self-proclaimed leader, she has been trying hard to keep everyone from starving or being left to the swarming city. Though they have done well, she still takes everything seriously. Her parents were the lead scientists for HAGE and she doesn't openly admit they're dead, but she knows it's the likely possibility.
Personality: Cold to anyone not in her group. She sees herself as almost a mother to her troupe and cares for them all dearly. Not very good with admitting she's wrong, she can also come off as headstrong.

I would like to make this multithreaded, but only if enough people respond. Happy RPing!

Back