Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Van Leugen: The Normans

Sitting dead center, Marlene adorned a fairly trim black dress, accentuating her sultry nature, complementing it, while her curled, and well kept blonde hair framed her face, contrasting the stark red lipstick, and blue eye-shadow she chose to wear for this particular occasion.

"My name is Emma Angelos, and these are my associates. We're up and comers here in Van Leugen, and while we're strapped for cash right now." She said, her voice smooth like silk, but carrying an aire of authority to it, this woman, despite her eccentric nature, was as much as a soldier as the towering Adept behind her.

Raising her hand, Michael opted to move towards one of the crates set in the back of one of the black SUVs, while Marlene said her piece. "I'm looking to source some... items that can sate some very particular tastes of mine." She said, glancing each and every one of them over. They didn't know it, but Kat had them all zeroed in from her position, an insurance policy.

She gestured towards Michael, who moved over and began to pat them down, checking for a wire, communications devices, if they allowed him of course. "Standard procedure, a girl can't be too careful."

"Down to business then, I'm looking for guns and explosives, specifically gas, mustard, nerve, Sarin, VX, I don't care." Marlene said. "You deliver, and I can make one of you very rich." With that statement, slender fingers snapped, and Michael turned the suitcase to face Kiril and Joe, opening it to reveal the contents inside, gold Aschen Aureus coins, stacked neatly. "This is all I have, melt them down, do what you want, I know the metals are at least worth something. Do I have your attention now?" Marlene asked, as Michael snapped the suitcase shut before them.

"Guns and explosives, I can do." Joe told Marlene, allowing Michael to pat himself and his crew down. Kiril and his own men were clearly a bit more tensive about the man, they wouldn't have allowed him to get too close before they went reaching for weapons. The weren't quite ready to go that far on the first date.

"We can do as well." Kiril interjected, "But," Joe began, "You're asking for biological weapons. We can get it, but there's a lot of risk involved." He continued, "We worry not about risk. Give us a few days and we will earn your coin." Kiril told Marlene, "I mean, gold fetches a pretty penny. It might be worth the risk." Joe added.

"You forget, we are your risk." Kiril said to Joe, "Is that a threat? I hope that's not a threat. Might have to chop you into a sushi roll." Joe threatened, "Talk. All talk. We don't talk. We get results." Kiril informed Marlene.

Michael hesitated when Kiril and his men went to reach for their weapons, but Marlene caught on, and she simply frowned, but she nodded for Michael to back off when Kat chimed in her ear. "No signals that I can detect, they're clean."

Marlene took the message into consideration, before she slid off her chair. "Not just coin, you see, those coins are all I've got, I know money talks and all, but I'm strapped for money."

Slowly, she started to walk towards the crates that were stacked up besides her, with a wispy hand gesture, she beckoned Joe and Kiril over to her. "I'm going to propose a trade for now, guns for guns." Marlene said, popping the locks on a large crate, and opening it up, inside the wooden crate were a dozen disruptor rifles, nestled in a thick protective foam. Marlene pulled a rifle out, and passed it to Joe, a second one to Kiril. The weapons were unpowered, and did not respond to any manipulation of their controls, their slides were locked open, exposing where a fusion cell was to be nestled.

"The standard-issue type 53 Disruptor rifle, guaranteed to earn you the ire of just about anyone who sees you using it, and probably too much heat from the cops." Marlene explained, slowly walking around them. "But I guaren-damn-tee you that it'll put a round clean through the door of a bank vault, police armor." Marlene then grinned, turning back around. "Or the body armor of your rivals." She added.

"Flashy, horribly inaccurate in even the slightest of bad weather, but they put the fear of god into anyone you're firing it at. It can probably be parted out for components, or maybe fetch a nice price if you decide to liquidate them."

"I'm sitting on a lot of Aschen milsurp, and I want to get rid of it. That being said, I've told you what I an offer, what kind of things can you offer me?" She asked, turning back to face the two bosses. "All this shit in this warehouse? It's just a sample. You hook me up, and I can get in touch with my employers, I'll make one of you very rich, so. Let's start the bidding, what can you do for me?"

"I can throw some military-grade mechanized walkers in for you." Joe told Marlene, "Armored to offer all kinds of protection. Equipped with some big ass guns and easily modified to equipment even bigger guns if you got the expertise." The Triad leader said.

"You're clearly looking to blow some motherfuckers away, look no further." He said as he hand the disruptor back to Marlene.

Kiril smirked for a quick second, reverting back to his stoicism before anyone could see. "He wins. If only for today."

The Bratva didn't have mechs to sell, it was the only advantage their rivals had and would ever have.

"Military grade walkers." Marlene said cooly. "Sexy." She said, sliding off the table, and then over towards the rifle, to take it from Joe. "The problem is I'm not looking to make a lot of noise, walkers would be great if I was leading a full frontal assault- and I can put you in touch with some people who could benefit from your walkers." Marlene said, moving over towards Kiril.

"I need poison gas, something that will kill a lot of people in a short order of time, colorless, ordorless, tasteless, aerosol delivery, something that can be affixed to a mortar or homemade rocket and delivered; or perhaps something that can be easily concealed and brought to a crowded place." Marlene explained, before she pulled a cigarette out from her purse, resting it between her lips and lighting it.

"I need guns, preferably something you can silence, but I also need something that can be smuggled past security." She said, moving back to Joe. "I'm looking to quietly assassinate some high ranking government officials, what can you do for me on that front?"

"We might be good friends if you're tossing business my way." Joe said, looking to Kiril for a second. "I have to ask, why are you looking to take down some folks in the government?" He asked.

"You're asking for biological weapons, which means you aren't common criminals, and if you aren't trying to buy the government, they aren't local." The man continued, "Not sure we really want to be tied to a terrorist attacks." Joe finished.

"You bitter about the government leaving us all to die in Westeria? I heard all kinds of groups were springing up." The Triad asked Marlene.

Kiril scoffed, "We can deliver everything. Even bodies, if required. We have no reservations."

Joe nodded, "Fuck it. You can have this one. But, keep us in mind when you do want to go more full frontal." He told Marlene.

"The mechs are a little harder to trace. We have a system for them."

Marlene didn't really directly answer the question she was given. Though in her mind, she was somewhat astonished, there was either sheer ignorance on part of the Triad, or Marlene's acting was just that good. She made no efforts to hide the fact she was an Aschen, considering the towering Adept behind her, and the shady Section operative beside her, and the crates of Aschen technology surrounding them all.

Giving a nod to Joe, she spoke.

"If I told you my reasoning, I'd have to kill you." Marlene said, before she pulled aside her blonde locks to reveal a barcode tattooed on the nape of her neck.

"All I'll say is I'm doing what my employers have instructed me to do, you're dismissed, and if you're looking to make money on those mechs, when I have need of your services I'll be in touch."

Once Joe had packed up and left, Marlene turned to Kiril, the victor of the deal, and an individual whom she was about to make very rich.

"Before we seal our deal, Mr. Kiril, I am going to need to come to trust you, this should come simple if you have no reservations." Marlene said, standing in front of the man, looking him dead in the eyes.

"I'm an Aschen, as is everyone in this room." Marlene said calmly. "I understand that you may be concerned with associating with us, but I can assure you that unlike my countrymen, I have discretion, our arrangement will be a secret, and when I've contacted my government, you can be paid in whatever payment of your choosing, discreetly."

Stepping closer, the faint floral scent of her perfume wafting in the air, she spoke once more. "Do we have a deal?"

Joe would nod to Marlene, "Gotcha." He said, turning to leave with his men in tow. "Bad feeling about this one. We'll get the next client." He told the other Triads before they eventually disappeared.

Kiril watched him for a moment, waiting until he was out of sight before turning to Marlene as she spoke. She was Aschen.

It made sense. He figured the people he was dealing with were government agents, knowing they were Aschen meant the weapons weren't just a misdirection.

It was easy to frame the Aschen considering the current conflict they had with the Terrans.

"I am only concerned about your targets." Kiril said, "When you do whatever it is that you do, inform us where to avoid." Kiril told Marlene.

"Sarin gas is not good for my health." He said, making a joke. His stoicism made it somewhat hard to tell if you weren't used to men like him.

"Two days, maybe less."

Marlene nodded slightly, and she hefted the suitcase that was filled with gold coins, passing it to Kiril, setting it on the table with a hefty thunk, dust kicking up everywhere around the briefcase. "This is advance payment." She said, opening the case and turning it to face Kiril.

"All these weapons, do what you will with them, I've enclosed instructions to keep and maintain them. The more people you get buying and using these, the less heat will be on us, our weapons are too much of a dead giveaway."

With that said, she scribbled down an address for a dead drop somewhere in the Normans, one of her safehouses. It was a nondescript storage unit that had been rented in a false name, the address of the complex, and the unit number were enclosed along with a key.

"Take the first shipment here, and drop it in the storage unit." She said, scribbling down another address. "In a few weeks I'll be working on a heist to acquire more local currency, your next payment and request for delivery will come with that." Marlene said, passing Kiril a cell phone, a burner that would be almost impossible to trace.

"I'll contact you if any changes arise." She said, extending her hand to seal the deal, if Kiril took it, Marlene would take his hand in a firm handshake. "This meeting never happened, you didn't get these from me." Marlene warned. "I look forward to doing more business with you, Mr. Kiril."

Back