Virtue's Last Dilemma Redux (Roleplaying PvP Game) [8/9]

This sounds awesome. Though I'm a bit confused as to how it will all run. We're going to have a main thread but it will only be used during the discussion/Ambidex games? I can see when we split off into puzzle groups that PMs will work, but during roaming how will we know who to PM? Will there be a global tracking page on the main thread as to where everybody is? Along the lines of this, will there be a map of the facility?

I'd also like to know about character creation, are we going to know our role before we make a character or will you assign a role based off of our character sheets?

I have never played the Zero Escape games but have seen them on steam. The only thing keeping me from buying them was the price and that there was no multiplayer. Considering that this RP solves both of those issues I think I'd definitely like to partake in this.

It involves constantly adding and removing players from PM chains and such. The game does seem confusing, but becomes simple once played. Added!
Okay, thank you for the reassurance. But you didn't really answer any of my questions... I know we'll be making PMs throughout the RP, but do you have a system laid out on how it will work yet? Or not? And, if you add someone to an existing PM where say, characters were previously plotting against that person, they can just scroll up and read. At that point we might as well just play in one thread and trust each other not to meta, like normal.

hello! i'm interested in participating as well. i played 999 (although never managed to get the best ending) and it's a really good game.

Hello everyone, sorry for being away and not answering for a bit, let me get to your questions.

I think I'd be interested in participating, I just have one question which Incognus sort of asked which is how the roles will be determined?

Roles will be determined via RNG. I have a list of predetermined alignments. I then roll the roles for those alignment slots, then roll the roles for the players.

Essentially, the Discussion Phase and Ambidex Phase will occur in the main thread. Thank you for bringing up that issue regarding the PMs though. Unfortunately, I do have trust issues and prefer to reduce the risk of meta gaming all the like. I do have a solution for this, but it may seem very tedious. I have a freeforums site set up to do VLDR on with other people from another community, but unfortunately they never wanted to play, so at the moment it's an empty site I could easily use just for the Puzzle and Roaming phases. All that the players would have to do is make an account there similar to here, then just wait for the certain phases to start. Yes, I know, tedious, but the format of the site I use doesn't show previous PM history to new accounts added to the chain, so it's very good for Roaming and for Puzzle phases. If the players are fine with using this website, that is completely fine by me.

Updating the player list.

Also, what do you mean by "do not discuss you role"? Like, I can't just say I'm a Lover?

Yes, role claiming really makes the game unenjoyable. Trust me on that, it just turns into a game of meta and stuff. Role discussion, claims, or hints aren't allowed, excluding the discussion chats for the Pair roles such as Agent, Telepath, and Conspirator.

I've decided to go ahead and make this game into a 9 player game, rather than 12. I will make sure to check in with those who signed up a while back to see if they are still interested in playing the game.

Also, there has been a complete rework for the Radical role, it is now updated in the OP.

Back