War of Nightlock (WIP)

ChelonianCommander

Strength of Steel, Will of Iron
Intro

Sci-Fi, the year is 51643 on the Dominion occupied Toxic world of Nightlock. Nightlock is a toxic world as the planet is covered with vast forests that constantly generate a steady supply of carbon monoxide into the atmosphere. Because of this the planet is dotted with large domed cities packed full of civilians, with each city being at least twice the size of New York but containing three times the population. Due to the planet’s atmosphere, only people wearing hazard suits or in heavy vehicles outfitted with life support, can survive outside the domes. At the heart of each city are mines filled with a valuable fuel source, known as Collrtsite, a mineral that can burn more efficiently and cleanly then natural gas or coal. However because of this resource, the planet is constantly under threat of attack by pirates and large corporations looking to monopolize the Collrtsite. The latter, an unbound multi-planet spanning company known as Drakenvulf, had acquired a high amount of Colossi mercenaries to take the planet and the resource. Looking to protect their trade, the Nightlock government sent out an offer of Standards and Collrtisite to the only people who can fight back such an opponent, the Steel Houses.

Answering the call to battle, three Houses sent their forces to fight Drakenvulf, bring along their Machine Gods, the Warlords once again, wage war.

Situation

It has been two decades since the initial wars started and the planet is engulf in battles on multiple fronts. The three Houses, House Ulmarc, House Juin and House Dasha, each sent the 3 companies, 300 Warlords and roughly 195,000 Power Armored Levies, onto the planet’s surface, alongside a large team of Machine Cultists to maintain and repair the Warlords as needed. The Dominion had also joined the fray, as the Senate decided that they cannot lose this valuable resource, and sent the 412th Colossi Brigade, roughly 4200 Colossi and 357,000 Marine Support, to Nightlock to protect the Collrtisite mining operations, forcing the three Houses and the 412th into an uneasy alliance.

Playable Factions

Galactic Dominion: The Dominion is one of the two human powerhouses in the galaxy. However with their defenses stretched out, and multiple raids, successions and rebellions underway, the Dominion is forced to dedicate their forces rather carefully, with years, even decades going by without a concise decision. That doesn’t mean their soldiers are any less capable, on the contrary, their military leaders are quick, decisive and dedicated, and their soldiers are no different, with most of their infantry being young and eager, and Colossi being driven by the elite veterans.

-412th Able Battalion: Able Battalion is the 412th’s Mechanized Battalion, with 1800 Colossi, compared to Baker or Charlie’s 1200 Colossi. Colossi Pilots in the company are trained to be multi-purpose, functioning as engineers off-front and Pilots on-front.

-412th Baker Battalion: As the 412th’s Combined Arms Battalion, and is the Brigade’s dedicated fighting Battalion. Their Pilots are expected to fight on the front lines, and they do so with great dedication, as it is said that Baker are the most disciplined Battalion, willing to fight to the death while holding the line.

-412th Charlie Battalion: Charlie Battalion is the 412th’s Veteran Company, with every man and woman in that Battalion having already faced and survived at least 4 battles in their career. Their Pilots aren’t any different as each Colossi Pilot is known as the best of the best of the best.

Steel Houses: Powerful and Noble, the Steel Houses are the second major human powerhouse in the galaxy. The Houses are a rather odd bunch, as they are the most technologically advanced facton within the galaxy but their society loosely based primarily around feudal Europe. The House’s Warlord Pilots treat warfare as worship, and their Warlords as Gods. Their population is no different and to the Serfs and Peasants, to fight and die in for the House is the greatest honor one can achieve. This doesn’t mean the Houses is capable of destroying the Dominion however as the Houses are merely hundreds of separate entities and empires, all of which are loosely bound together by a common heritage, but officially they do not have to assist one another if they wish.

-House Ulmarc: The Original Steel House, this House prides itself for its honor and will go to great lengths to preserve it. Should a Pilot of House Ulmarc deem himself dishonorable, he will go to very great lengths to regain that honor, even at the cost of his own life, but never at the cost of others.

-House Juin: House Juin is a rambunctious and blood thirst House. Usually the primary concern of Pilots is not to complete the mission, but to kill as many of the enemy as violently as possible. The House has earned the title of Lord Hunters, as they wish to fight the largest and strongest enemies they can fight.

-House Dasha: House Dasha is a well disciplined and hardy House, with their Pilots and Levies being able to stand against impossible Odds and win. The House’s main talent is their proficiency of siege warfare, with the House being able to hold an objective for years on end, ever faltering and never moving.​

My 2¢:
1. I have no idea what a Colossi or Power Armoured Levie is :p
2. I like the idea of having to fight over a resource and picking your side
3. My idea was nothing like this

It's not a bad idea to be honest.
What I was thinking was something along the lines of humans colonize the solar system and then have a war over resources like oxygen or something.

But, my main idea was that people get to fly around space in customizable Iron man suits, which would be pretty lit.

My 2¢:
1. I have no idea what a Colossi or Power Armoured Levie is :p
2. I like the idea of having to fight over a resource and picking your side
3. My idea was nothing like this

It's not a bad idea to be honest.
What I was thinking was something along the lines of humans colonize the solar system and then have a war over resources like oxygen or something.

But, my main idea was that people get to fly around space in customizable Iron man suits, which would be pretty lit.

1. Colossi is the plural for Colossus, which I will explain later, Power Armored Levies are Levies who are equipped with Power Armor. Also Levies, in historical term, are a body of enlisted soldiers, rather then conscripted
2. You're picking a faction on the same side. Either one of the three Houses or one of the Battlions of the 412th. You're fighting the same enemy, it's just would you rather fight as a more traditional sci-fi mech-pilot, or a Feudal Noble.
3. Good. It means I can still catch people off-guard.

Also why have an iron man suit, when you can have a 50ft fall walking tank of hatred and death?

Back