Water Horse.

Admiral Orca

In 2134 a global warming phenomena that caused the worlds oceans to flood and almost wipe out the land and the human race. Many tried to survive, many of them died. Huge ships called Arks were built to save wild life, food, drinkable water and people. The US Navy did its best to build itself back up and started to build man-made islands called 'Hulks'. There they would build their Navy vessels, brand new and state of the art. The best ships they built were Submarines, nuclear powered ones. These Subs were to have new weaponry and tougher hulls to dive at greater depths. One that was built on a island called Horse Island (due to it having a lot of horses.) Was named the Water Horse. She was a Zodiac class (Fictional class) sub that was 185 meters (606 feet) in lenght and was 72 meters (236 feet) thick. She was almost bigger than the Russians Typhoon class Sub and she had a greater speed and a much higher advanced weaponry. The Water Horse served as a half military half research ship that soon became the flag ship of the Zodiac class. She had seen many captains and seen many situations, but nobody knew that the Sub was just getting started on its fantastic voyages.

It all started with a bold young man named Kane R. (For Russell) Plymouth. He had been part of the Navy ever since the flood had started. He was at first a sailor on board a Destroyer until he soon became acquainted with Submarines and earned his rank all the way up to Executive Officer rank. He would soon be assigned aboard the Water Horse.

Kane was reading some papers in his office until he was rudley disturbed by a knock on his door. "Yes come in." Kane said while putting away his papers. The man was dressed in a fancy uniform and had the smell of clone on him. The man stamped and then saluted, he then said "Hello sir, it has been a while." Kane says "At ease Mr. Richard." Richard did so and said "Well, how have you been Kane?" Richard was a old friend of Plymouth and served in the Navy as well. Richard had earned his rank Saregent but was not discouraged by it. Kane replies "Yeah it has been Richard. Its good to see you again." He gets up from his desk and shakes his friends hand. "So what are you here to tell me?" Plymouth asked. "I am here to let you know Captain McClellan will be seeing you in about 0-400 hours." Kane says "He wants to talk about our mission?" Kane asks "Yes sir." Richard said immediately. Kane sighs and says "Very well, I will see him then. Dismissed." Richard stamped and saluted and then turned to leave the room, but before he did he said "Its good to be back Kane, sir." Kane says "Its is good to be back." Richard smiled and then left the room. Plymouth then sat back down at his desk and looked at the papers again, he then turned to one and on it was a picture of Captain McClellan and his ship the Water Horse.

Stay tuned for part 2.

Part 2

"Kane Russell Plymouth III. I heard a lot about you and how you take your job seriously, like how I do. Is there any other reason why I should hire you for executive officer aboard the Water Horse?" Captain McClellan said as he studied Kane closely. Kane said "I will help keep the men in line, sir." McClellan said "Keep my men in line? You don't think my men are capable of keeping themselves in line do you?" Kane had a feeling he would say that, this captain was a no none sense one and was strong and stern. Kane says "Lets hope they can sir. After knowing what are mission is." McClellan was silent for a moment, he then petted his white husky/wolf hybrid and said "Wise of you to say that. But do you know what our mission is?" Kane said "I am well aware. We are to hunt a pirate sub that might have some nuclear weapons." Captain Harold McClellan said "Correct." He then got up and walked towards a map on the wall that looked alien. It was mostly ocean with some small islands peppered around it. He points somewhere in the up right area on the map and said "Here is where they last saw her, reported robbing a Small Freighter. And here is where they saw her surfacing and heading for a small island." Kane then says "I hear its a old Submarine, a Leo class." McClellan nods and says "Yes, a old sub, but still armed with deadly weapons." Plymouth knew that he was sort of right, but the nuclear missiles might have been old and not functional. They had no idea why they had to make every Submarine a ballistic missile ship but ge assumed it would help keep control of the worlds oceans. The United States of America was gone, but the Navy had to live on. Captain McClellan then said "The Brittish Navy has told us that they will have the RMS Pegasus hunting for the Pirate Sub as well." Kane nodded in agreement. McClellan then said "Well, its best we perpare ourselves. We have one big journey waiting for us." Kane saluted and said "Yes sir."

Kane was riding on a bus that was also loaded with crewmen of the Sub. He saw the Horse's in the pasture grazing. Kane remembered the last time he rode a Horse. His name was Iron and he was fast, there was also a mare that Kane would take care of named Marble, she was named that because her hide looked like a marble material. The bus came to a hault and three men came aboard, they wore uniforms and walked down the pathway in the middle and wrote off most of the crewmen and told them to get off and line up. It was night and the Water Horse waited in her dock like a huge sleeping whale. The Water Horse didn't look like your stereotypical bulky Submarine, it was sleek, muscular and built with pride. It had a dark painted blue nose with a sleek tower that looked like a short dorsal fin that stood about 12 meters high. Kane looked at the vessel and immediately fell in love with it. He then went outside and lined up with the rest of the crew. There was a stand in front of them and the Water Horse sat there behind. Captain Harold then walked up on the stand and started to make a speech: Ladies, and Gentlemen. We are about to embark on a great mission to hunt down a Sub, a Pirate Sub. This Sub is a lower class than our so we have an advantage. But do not underestimate the pirates, I know they are very capable of battle experiance so don't be cocky. I do not like cocky people, they get me all fired up, and no one wants that." Kane smiled. McClellan then said "We have a new Executive Officer coming aboard. Kane Plymouth, step up." Kane did so and stood by the stand, Harold then said "You will respect him and awnser him when he talks to you. Understand" the crew replied "Sir yes sir!" Harold then turns towards his chief and says "Mr. Leonard, is are lady ready for departure?" Leonard, the Cheif said "She is ready sir." McClellan then says "Very well, lets go get us some pirates." The crew then lined up and started boarding the Water Horse. As soon as everyone was aboard, including Kane, The Subs hatch was sealed. The crew got to there stations and the Sub came to life with activity. Kane, Leonard, Richard and captain McClellan were in the control room that was in the shape of a backwards Pentagon, had men manning high-tech computers with thin glass screens and keyboards that had blueish green light shining through the numbers and letters and cracks in between the thin keys and knobs. There was a sonar screen where a blue beam line rotated around from the center. McClellan then ordered the front screen to be turned on and a crewman flipped a switch. A screen turned on and it showed the front of the Sub, outside was nothing but dark blue darkness and it was the outside ocean waiting for them. Harold then said "Alright, lets take her out, nice and slow." Richard picked up the mic and said "Engine room, bring is to 1/3rd steady as she goes." A gruff voice said "Aye sir." Richard hung up the mic and Captain McClellan said "Very good. I have feeling this will go well." The Water Horse made its way out of the dock and into the open ocean world. Kane and McClellan then went up on the conning tower of the Sub and stood outside looking out at the ocean. There was soon a pod of Dolphins jumping near by the Water Horse. Kane watched them, and then looked straight forward. McClellan then said "Bravo Mr Plymouth." Kane looked over and said "Sir?" Harold explained "Bravo for not saying anything, its right to just look around and take it all in. Your not like the other men I had, they usually talk and blabber about it but not you." He then noticed the Dolphins and asked "You like Dolphins Plymouth?" Kane cracks a small smile and says "Yes sir, I do. Also Whales." Harold asks "What is your favorite Cetacean Plymouth. Go on, you might as well be open to me if I am going to trust you." Kane says "Well, the Orca sir." The Captain says "The Killer Whale? Why?" Kane stops and thinks about it for a minute, "I am not sure sir. I guess I think they are pretty interesting animals." Harold then says "Are Killer Whales, Whales Mr. plymouth?" Kane said "No, they are not Whales sir. It is scientifically proven that they are Dolphins." Harold says "I see, pretty interesting. How did you learn about that Mr. Plymouth?" Kane replies "I learned it in Mammal Biology class sir." Harold said "Intereasting. Well Mr. Plymouth, shall we dive the boat?" Kane said "Aye sir." Both of them climbed back down to the control room and McClellan sealed the hatch. He then gave the orders to dive and the men got prepared the Sub. Leonard then rang the Kalxon bell that was loud and echoed through the ships halls. The ballast tanks were blown and they became all green. As soon as the all clear was shouted out the mic bellowed "Dive, Dive!" The bow planes and tail planes bent down and the Water Horse began to descend below the surface.

Stay tuned for a part 3, the fun will begin this time.

Part 3 (Happy Veteran's day)

The Submarine Water Horse was fully submerged underneath the waves. It slowly went on at 1/3rd speed and had its sonar activated. The 'Ping. Ping. Ping' of the sonar echoed through the dark blue void of the ocean. Inside, Captain McClellan said "Alright, what depth are we at Mr. Loenard?" Leo looked at the depth gauge and said "Aproxmitatly, 360 feet sir." McClellan then asks "Trim?" "Standard sir." Leo said back. McClellan says "Very good." He then walked around the Control Room and examined all the sonar screen's and the other console gadgets before saying "Very good. Mr. Plymouth, I leave you in control now." Kane says "Aye sir."

A few hours passed and the Water Horse making great time. Kane was hovering over the sonar screen and asked the man "Are we in a Ruin Trench?" The mam on the sonar says "Yes sir. There all around us." The Water Horse was swiming past old crumbled ruined buildings from long ago. They then passed by a half a wrecked skyscraper that had onced stood tall and strong. Kane says "Alright, keep your eyes peeled on that screen." The sonar man says "Yes sir." McClellan was in his cabin with his dog reading some papers. Kane gave the Con to Leo and went walking around the ship. He then came across the crews quarter's and a fight between two crewmen broke out. One was trying to tackle the other and the other threw fists. Kane knew that this needed to stop so he ran in and said loudly "ATTENTION!" The men stopped and all went to attention, the two men fighting stopped and did the same. Kane walked in stern but calm, he says "I don't know what caused this, but the next fight will end you two in the brig." The men said "Yes sir." Kane then says "Now shake hands and make up." The two men did and Plymouth turned to the others and said "As you were." He soon left and went to his cabin. After a while, a knock came out of no where at Kanes door. Kane says "Yes? Who is it?" Captain McClellan comes in and Kane stands up and says "Sir, what a unsuspecting surprise." McClellan says "Mr. Plymouth, I understand there was a slight disturbance between two crewmen am I correct?" Kane said "Yes sir. One man said something to the other and they had a disagreement."

Last edited:
Back