What is your most unforgettable or memorable roleplay scene?

Saviarre

Your friendly neighborhood ball of frustration
I know that I personally have had some pretty amazing roleplays in the past. I'd actually be hardpressed to narrow them down to choose the MOST unforgettable. I've had the opportunity to write with some of the most amazing people I've ever met, and the adventures we created together have, for the most part, incredible. Some RPs have given a rush of exhilaration every time there was a new post. Some made me laugh (and still make me laugh when I think about them). Some have broken my heart. I've rejoiced for characters and cried for them too.

So, tell me about your most amazing experiences. I'm curious.

Well, none of my RPs I did in the past had a moment that I would consider as "amazing", my partners were always pretty predictable, not to mention that it became almost impossible to impress me anymore with drama, deaths or magic as people died everyday and a huge almost world destroying fight happened nearly as often.

But I had a pretty short roleplay with a new partner before I stopped roleplaying, I created a story which ended up to be pretty good, I played an OC called Gizmo, he was a god on a mountain and was responsible for the winter, the people from the local town would often come at the beginning of the cold season and as a ritual collect as many icicles as they could to offer them to Gizmo at his shrine, the amount of icicles they would offer him decided about the lenght and strenght of this winter (the more icicles, the shorter the winter).
As Gizmo was wandering the freezing mountain all winter long and sleeping during the other seasons, his body had become cold and so his heart, he didnt feel much like a living being and wasn't really able to feel empathy for the humans who came to his shrine.
One night a little girl climbed up to Gizmos shrine and offered a frozen carrot, she explains praying at the shrine, that she couldn't reach any big icicles and the small ones melted in her hand right away, so she brought a frozen carrot as it had a similiar shape, she came to the shrine hoping for Gizmo to calm the cold winds as her family lived in a little shack and they had no firewood left.
Gizmo watched the girl go and took the carrot, a god doesn't have to eat, so he never did before.
For a moment he considered just moving on the way he was, blowing cold winds over the land, but when he took a bite from the carrot, tasting something for the first time in his endless life, he felt alive for the first time, he was overjoyed when all the feelings a normal human feels came back to him, the higher gods didn't like seeing that as they knew Gizmo wouldn't have control over his emotions now, which would only influence his actions, so they stripped him off his godly powers, making him mortal.

Gizmo began to freeze horribly, he never felt how cold the winter was before, so he hid in his shringe, trying to warm himself on the candles.
Luckily over night the winds calmed and the girl that brought the carrot came to the shrine to thank the winter god, only to see a white haired man trembling in a corner of the shrine, as humans can't actually see gods, she didn't know who he was, Gizmo quickly explained what happened to him and who he was, but of course, the girl didn't believe him, he then explained how he saw her yesterday with the carrot at the shrine and that he knew about the shack and her family, so the girl took him by the hand and brought the now mortal Gizmo to her home, the story goes on of course but this was the most memorable scene.

I have so many, Savvy! Y u do dis 2 me?!?

Okay. So one of my favourites and unforeseen was Jacob been publicly beheaded for a crime he committed... but he was been used as a scapegoat and wasn't the mastermind behind things.

Then there's Adem. He gets kidnapped and tortured... hand cut off and all. In the end the plan was to kill him after he'doesn't escaped and been completely loyal to his leader only to find out it was his leader that had betrayed him. And he was murdered before others found out. :O

Then there is Bray... he murdered his best friend, brother and partner to save his own ass from having their undercover work blown. His partner's cover had been blown, and the crime leader wanted Bray to prove he wasn't undercover as well. And to do that he had to shoot Corey then and there. So he did. No hesitation. Then went MIA for the next seven years before popping up. Turns out he'd been sleeping with the boss' wife and the kids was Bray's. Dum dum duhhh. Lol

So there is a running theme here... but they are my three most memorable.

I had a campaign that ran for about eight years of roughly 16 hours a month. I had this player who had devised a sort of ex circus performer who was a bit of a scoundrl but had good moral fibre. Over the course of the game he slowly got more and more Lawful Good so I kind of started to put tests in his pathway/ I should stress this game system (my own) has no character classes per se, you just develop incrementally. I was gradually testing him to see how much he would fall in line with the Main deity of the game. This all lead up to a failry climactic scene where the whole party had been captured by evil forces and one of them was going to have to die. I wanted tose eif he would sacrifice himself for the others and, sure enough he went for it. Many of the players had tears in their eyes as he was lead to the altar to be sacrificed. All I needed for him to do was to pray... he finally did and... well essentially he bacme a paladin at the moment. His bonds shattered and the God's sumbol appeared on his chest and he was free. His holy weapon appeared in his hand and he set about freeing the others.

It was... awesome!

Probably during a private game with someone who disappeared about 1k posts in. Basically, it was the end of the world and our characters had to work together to try and escape the crystal zombie flu.

They eventually came across our "infected in desguise" character, who decided that he needed to very bluntly try to convince my teenaged girl character that they needed to repopulate. She got creeped out, and he kept pushing it, so our leader (mine) kicked him out under threat of death. One of the younger ones, who was also infected, had gotten close to the creepy guy, and it pretty much destroyed him after being orphaned.

Later in the same RP, the infected kid's infected (badly) father showed up to talk. The leader fought him off, but eventually stopped and let him speak, and then told them he needed to infect his son with his specific strain to cure him. The leader was, of course, against this, but finally allowed him to go ahead. The entire situation was pretty emotional for both sides, and the father disappeared again knowing that he would likely never see his son again.

I am not sure what happened to the guy I was playing with unfortunately, he just vanished and had zero outside accounts related to his names. One of the best partners I have ever had.

I have many fond moments. This one is from The Last Bastion: Bunker Chicago.

As Florence and Box debate and prattle about how best to handle their unique situation, Eve remains resolutely standing alone. The hail of gunfire from the drone is punctuated by a bright flash of light as Jenive pulls the trigger, striking Eve at point blank range with her laser rifle. The drone runs out of ammo, as Eve grasps her chest where she was hit—seeming actually injured in some way by the shot. Yet, it was clearly nowhere near sufficient to be a lethal blow by itself. A sickening smile reaches her lips as she glares at Jenive. One word calmly leaves her lips. “Die.”

The large, amorphous creature turns its attention away from Carolyn and Catheryn and swings in one, large, elongated motion toward Jenive and Russell. Without even thinking twice, Jenive grabs Russell and, though she struggles to hold him, taps her jetpack and shoots up toward the sky to try and avoid the blow.

Dust fills the air as the creature slams itself against the apartment complex, a grayish ooze floods in from the northern gaps where the staircase once was on the lower floors, and the rooms closest to it on the ground floor are simply broken entirely. Biscuit, the drone, is crushed instantly. Though it only moves in a few feet it’s enough to touch Eve’s feet, and she simply takes a handful of it and absorbs it into her own apparent flesh. The wound on her chest was gone as she turned and looked at Lillian and Florence. Yet, her attention turns with curiosity to Box, as her text communicator beeps.

Meanwhile, Jenive falls out of control with Russell. The two of them bounce off the top of Aleksa’s tank and land beside it, though both manage to avoid severe injuries. At least, that’s what Russell believes initially. Glancing around, he notices a small splatter of blood on Aleksa’s tank, and following the trail, he sees Jenive cradling her leg in a state of shock. Rather, more accurately, what was left of her leg. Everything from the knee down on her left leg was simply gone, and he realized why in a single, sickening moment: The creature had struck her leg and barely missed his, and simply ripped it off like a piece of paper. It took what little of her self-control remained to ensure they landed at all, and it seemed she had none left as tears ran down her cheeks. The Coalition squad holding the street starts preparing to move out, as two medics in the squad run over to Jenive and pull out their medkits—starting to treat the wound to the best of their ability.

While the RP itself was pretty lame (it was my second time RPing ever, bear with me), there was one thing that struck a chord with me.

When the story eventually died, the GM made epitaphs for all of our characters, as if we were reading each of their gravestones.

"Rest in peace, Forbidden Daughter, and Forbidden Lover."

That last line gave little glmstr serious chills at the time. Stuff like that is why I love writing.

Years ago, when the whole RP stuff was fun, i had plenty of good moments with some peeps, we played as professor Layton characters, there were no egos, only fun and laugh, sure, we had some idiots that tried to ruin everything, but that was rare.

I miss those days..

I always fall back on one moment that was incredibly fun to pull off.

I have a pair of twin werewolves, fraternal redheaded twins named Kimberly and Kevin. Kimberly is the star in this moment.

Kimberly and Kevin were the bodyguards/glorified babysitters for the royal princesses, Ranea and Kikaru. Their cousin Shia was something of an adviser to the king and had clairvoyant capabilities.

Kimberly fell in love with Ranea and she eventually won her over but the King grew tired of Ranea's repeated denials of reasonable suitors. And as she got older, he grew even more concerned. So he ordered Shia to help him find a spouse for her. Shia, in a stroke of genius, prepared a tournament with the rules specifically stating 'Whomever wins shall have the hand of the princess in marriage.'

This was taken advantage of heavily. Kimberly used magic with the help of her friends to disguise herself as her brother, and Kevin to disguise himself as Kim. They didn't tell Ranea because they feared her lack of response would tip off the King that something was wrong.

Kimberly trained and trained for weeks to win this tournament while disguised as her brother, eventually signing up when the time came.

She battled her way through her opponents before facing her greatest competition, Prince Rowan, who was the most likely suitor that Ranea would've chosen had Kim not stepped into the scene.

The battle was fierce between the two, while the Prince was more talented with the blade.."Kevin" was more determined. Eventually her stamina won out over his talent and she defeated him soundly.

Everyone was amazed, the peasant had beaten a man of royal blood soundly and fairly. And in front of countless people.

Ranea wasn't sure if she was relieved or lost as to why the brother of the woman she loves had won her hand in marriage.

She stepped down to greet "him" and "Kevin" removed "his" helmet. Then, as Ranea declared "him" the winner....

Kimberly removed the amulet that disguised her as her brother. Revealing herself to the people and to the love of her life.

Ranea was happy, even if she didn't show it.

And the King was left no choice but to watch as his eldest was pulled right into the arms of a woman. Because she followed the rules to the letter. And the cheers coming from his people proved that if he split them up there would be a riot.

People love a good story after all. Especially a love story.

Back