What was the first site you started RPing on?

And who/what was/were the first character(s) you rp'd?

For me I started rping waayy back in the day on Neopets dot com. lol It was my introduction to writing and honestly I'm sure everything I wrote was hot garbage and mega cringy but gods above I miss the creativity that spilled out of me back in those days, lol

I couldn't pin down my exact first rp, but it was either Pokemon or Neopet OCs guaranteed. I still have that old Pokemon OC. She's...well, a mess of a Mary Sue, but I still love her. All of my Neo OCs have been revamped enough times over the years that they've lost their Mary Sue status thank god lol

I think my first forays were on early forum sites, but at the time being a roleplay noob and asking what 'oc' and 'lit+' stood for got me kicked off (fortunately that was over a decade ago and I can now say I know those terms lol). Early on, I did weird pseudo roleplays on Club Penguin, Pokémon Lake or Webkinz, but the first site I really actually did roleplays on was Quotev.

I know for a fact my first 'official' roleplay was Warriors Cats, and I think one of my early characters were either Cherryblossom/paw the medicine cat or Feather-something. Cherryblossom I don't think had much of a personality at the time, mostly just the standard 'loyal and friendly' though she is still sort of in use as an extended family member. Feather- something was sort of obsessive as they'd been made for the specific purpose of seducing someone else's character. I had been writing for some time before that however, so they weren't technically my 'first' just my first for roleplay purposes.

The earlier writing projects were... much worse.

Oh, man. I never really got into Warrior Cat anything but I've always kinda admired it from afar.

Back on Neo I used to do wolf roleplays. And this was in the day when people called tails 'tassels' and eyes 'orbs' and stuff like that to try and make our writing sound more mature or something. Gods it was so cringy thinking back on it.

One of the few fandoms that have been a constant over the years. I enjoy the sheer variety of characters and scenarios you can have each time you play, unless you're aiming for it, it's hard to have a roleplay that's exactly identical.

Never heard tassels before but orbs is a classic XD
Orbs, oculars, pools and optics. So serious back in the day, but now whenever it shows up I laugh my ass off.

The first website I ever begun roleplay on was youtube, OG youtube of all places. I had multiple accounts for each character that I created. They were all mainly based off of random OC's that somebody else created. I was not that smart/aware of copyright back then.
But it was only until youtube changed and I grew bored of the roleplays on there, only did I swap to Facebook. Which is what I was more proud of.

The very first OC of mine was an equine with a fleshy body and only the head as a skull. I long since forgotten the name of this guy though. Yet the next character that I pried out was of a colt (baby male horse); same idea for the appearance. I called him Junior or the mysterious little boy. The page on facebook is still up, just the character has changed quite a bit.

My start was in the days of Yahoo! Chat and created user rooms, as well as Yahoo! Groups when those pre-dated most custom forums. I dabbled with some homegrown private forums hosted by friends. I spent years active and eventually was the Administrator at RoleplayGateway for a few years.

The first site I started role-playing on was Scratch. I remember two RPs I was in on there: Hogwarts RP where I played as a runes teacher, and the Offtopical Island where I played as a spirit inhabiting a jack o'lantern. From there someone invited me to a website called tbgforums, where I played in a lot of short-lived RPs, with my longest surviving character being the Trinity of LOCC (Le Old Creepy Creep) - it was in a bit of a joke RP where powerplaying was allowed and that kind of stuff.

New member here! I remember my first roleplaying days back on Bebo! I just kind of stumbled into without knowing what it really was. My first roleplay was with a male character, the setting was entirely canon. I roleplayed as the male and my RP partner was the female. I can't remember the characters name but he was my very first original character based off some scene kid. The roleplay lasted for years before the site went defunct.

I actually got my start on an old Vocaloid forum waaaay back in high school lol. God my old roleplays were so bad...

Gaiaonline, Neopets lol

Went from there. My RP days in my early teens were so... bad.

I started on Neopets and then somehow as a 13 year old ended up on furcadia until my mother found out and was horrified. I didn't know until YEARS later what kind of community furcadia really was.

I actually started roleplaying in a chatroom you could only find on Naruto Arena. It's a fun strategy game for all you Naruto fans but the chatroom has since been replaced with a discord I think.

I didn't even make characters really, I just came up with a random nickname for a character and gave her Mary Sue level powers! She could summon creatures and control fire and ice magic. She was unstoppable and I remember getting on the chat room in different tabs and making other nicknames play with my character so real people would be interested in playing with me. Oh, if you're cringing, I completely understand. XD

I was even pulled aside once in PMs to have 1X1 smut based roleplays with people sometimes. It was gross but I don't regret it. You gotta start somewhere. Thank the gods for Gaiaonline, once I went there I was able to stop being so gross, but I never improved on my Mary Sue status until I left. XD I'm so much better now tho' I promise.

One of my first rps sites was warrior cats, I was brand new to everything rp except for games. But my first character was Kindle who was in a zombie apocolyptic setting, and Snowbank who was a warrior in one of my very first clans i had joined.

I missed the fun and active forum community and thought id try out here since the warrior cat forum im in is slowly deteriorating. CX

Roblox, Be a Dragon or Dragon Tamer. TECHNICALLY my first rp was on kingdom life from Roblox but..... I don't count that, that was too trash to be considered rp. Technically, what I did was equally trash but... It was 1,000% more fun

There was this group of 6, including me, that went into the game and eventually got to talking rping with each other due to similar writing interests. We created an rp that lasted for... 6 years was it? To the point where by the end of it we were playing the decendants of our main characters, along with our main characters. That rp was fun only because we all played 5 characters each, at any given moment. At the same time. Sometimes, on a non-particular day, it was only 2 characters. But... It was all multi-character rp and romance-driven or plot/story driven stuff. I remember Elona, Loria, Dex, Glade, Brute, Prix, Rain, Xavier, Nexus, Vampira, Jenny, Jeliah, Destiny, and 2 others that I can't seem to remember. That's the list of characters from memory, and I wouldn't trade that time of my life away for anything. By now my rp has improved vastly... And... I thank that rp for being able to multitask and play as many characters at a time as I do today, and create them so easily.

I believe mine was on an old digimon website. Granted, this was around 13 years ago and almost everything I wrote was super cringe and my writing ability wasn’t the best. But if anything it was a learning experience for sure!

my first roleplay was on instagram, it was marvel themed and everything. then i moved on to geeking but after that app was shut down, i didn't know anywhere else to roleplay before this website. but i'm still waiting on approval so there's that.

Gaia Online! I remember Neopets though! Ahh. I miss those days.

Ahhh so I used to do a BUNCH of Naruto Roleplay. I think my first OC was a ninja girl named Azula Harino, she was very over powered. She could do these amazing water/ice jutsus at 13. She had bright blue eyes and jet black hair she was made for Naruto! Haha but she was a total tsuandre. She was aloof and "shy". Ah, man I used to do a lot of yaoi roleplay though

Wattpad. Sigh gotta love time differences and waiting until the next day for one person to advance the dialogue. In fact, because of how stagnant it was I came here so I won't go crazy during quarantine. I'm an introvert though so quarantine was basically my life.

Quotev. It all started with a 1x1 rp group for the anime Hetalia. It all started from Hetalia...
It was generally anime in the beginning but then I realized "why not use our own characters in our own worlds" and then I was blown away.
I didn't realize that you can RP your own stories without the constraints of the cannon universe!

The first character I roleplayed was a self insert named Gabriel. They had a genuine excuse to travel around the world and hang out with the country people while wearing a cool trenchcoat and hat. Basically, they were an orphan found by one of the main characters and was just kinda passed around from country to country.
On later iterations, I took more liberty and they had the ability to see spirits and certain creatures (though it was just a one universe thing). And one other time, they could control the very fabric of their reality but was very chill about it and was a delivery kid.
I'm kinda redeveloping Gabriel, though. So that name will certainly show up somewhere.

Back