When did you first start roleplaying?

1. When did you first start roleplaying?
One and a half months ago

2. How did you find out about rps?
Tv tropes told me about some pretty great RPs that sounded pretty great

3. Has roleplaying effected your life in any way since you first started?
Not really

4. What factors/interests have the biggest influence on your roleplaying/writing style
Whoever I feel like being at the time really.

5. What aspect(s) of your personality seems to shine most prominently through your characters?
I do Introverted Nerds, Tryhards who want be cool, Monsterous Killers and Smooth Operators. I as a person don't have too many defining traits that last long or don't change depending who i'm with at the time.

6. Do you have a common trend in character creating?
All are human other than that though I'm whoever seems like a good character at the time. I try to make characters nobody has yet so if most of everyone's the cunning and logical thinker person i'm the ruthless bloodthirsty killer. The only thing I can't do is make a character purposely dumb or at least it's something I haven't sone yet.

1. Hard to say........
2. A friend on diviantart informed me of such.
3. Yes. I have been wanting it more the more I rp.
4. Dragons and transformation.
5. Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey. All that needs saying.
6. I have been 90% fantasy characters.

1. When I was 9 I played dnd(my first role play game)
2. I played it with my family
3. Not significantly, it is more of a hobby to me
4. The latest fantasy or sci fi movie changes my character and style
5. Not many of my traits are in a lot of characters
6. All of my characters are somewhat skilled in fighting

I started roleplaying in high school but it wasnt anything serious. Mostly chat based jokes me and my friends would text each other with our ocs or fictional characters. I didn't start actually paragraph role-playing until about a year ago?
Just by like... being on the internet? I dont know I found them on deviant art when I was like 8 but I never had the courage to ask anyone to rp with me until freshman year. Usually I would just create OCs and stories instead.
lol I find myself wanting to talk about my OCs with everyone and try to convince my irl friends to get into it. Other than that tho not really.
4. What factors/interests have the biggest influence on your roleplaying/writing style?
Uh I don't know? I really like fantasy? So all of the rps im involved in now kinda are somewhat fantasy themed.(that being the big old number of 3) My writing style is kinda all over the place, I would assume its a mix of what I read and how I talk?
5. What aspect(s) of your personality seems to shine most prominently through your characters?
I'm really awkward and nerdy. I try super hard to make some characters NOT awkward or nerdy but I always fear I failed considering I suck at being "cool" or "flirty" I do have a lot of varying OCs with distinct personalities, stoner delinquents and excitable introverts and student freedom fighters are just some, its just a paranoia I have that my awkwardness will bleed through lol
I don't know if this is a common trend but I tend to make them have close nit relationships. Ether found family or actual family. In the creative prossess I noticed a lot of my absolute favorite OCs used to be kinda a joke until they stole my heart and I expanded on them. Ironically I also noticed a lot of my OCs are ether the naive trusting type at their core or someone who is involved in not so innocent stuff.

Twelve years ago... Damn, I'm old.
I grew up delving through Dungeons & Dragons books in my Dad's basement. Then I started playing online games, and encountered role playing online via Warcraft 3. Soon after, I joined my first forum role plays, and made some of my own.
Certainly. It's allowed me to live in the shoes of other people, and ponder life from their points of view. It's also given me a lot of good friends via association with the hobby.
4. What factors/interests have the biggest influence on your roleplaying/writing style?
A general fascination with fiction, politics, history, philosophy. To a lesser extent, religion, ethics, and romance. Science fiction television has had some pretty significant impacts on my thought processes concerning writing. My personal experiences, and the personal experiences of others, are also interesting to me and shape how I write via shaping how I think.
None of them. I've been GMing long enough that I'll write wildly different characters. Some are domineering, others are meek. Some are violent, others are pacifistic. Some are compassionate, others are cold. Some are bright, others are dull... But then I've been doing this for twelve years now, so...

1. When did you first start roleplaying? In 2015 or 2016

2. How did you find out about rps? I found out about roleplay in wattpad.

3. Has roleplaying effected your life in any way since you first started? Well it has had some negative impacts but also some positive.

4. What factors/interests have the biggest influence on your roleplaying/writing style? My written style is either text format or book style 3rd person.

5. What aspect(s) of your personality seems to shine most prominently through your characters? I think what shines is my loyalty to my friends which is a good trait in a good character and myself.

6. Do you have a common trend in character creating? (Ex. most of my characters I create are hybrids with strong animalistic behaviors. It doesn't have to be that extreme, it may be something as small as creating characters with similar clothing styles). i've had made mutants, wizards, elves fairies you name it. :)

1) At least five years

2) just sorta came across them and go trapped within the awesomeness of it all

3) It has helped me to focus on tasks at hand by giving me an outlet for my creativity

4) The role play in question would be what determines how I rp. Though I must say that I am always trying to throw the rp off track.

5) awkwardness in social situations and relationships

6) typically long coats are a favorite of mine, however I have been working really hard not to fall into making super similar characters.

Answer 1: All the way in two thousand eight.

Answer two: On gaiaonline's barton town form out of character thread.. Your atypical noob, with only a paragraph and a quart to start off with. First Character was Ryuuk Izagawa, A Vaemon Or Daipyer = Vampire Demon/Daimon/Daemon hybrid, of A dark Kingdom he was the Guardian and A Dragon Rider.

Answer three: Yes. Witness & tess. my Writing power, even Lyrically Roleplaying has made me powerful, wordy, and well educated in the worlds.

Answer four: All, oddly to me, religions. Ya see, I'm atheistic, and I find religions lores to be very, inspiring, awe, shock & mortification. Factors...Ah, its they roleplaying the way you spiders weave your Roleplays and characters catches my winged as in your webs. {sensored} dire spiders.

Answer five: Ahahhaha. Being a Bully, and a evil to other evils....But not the other evils that were at first picked on but them became family. Also, using the Trope Dark And Edgy, but leaving out the Edgy. hastag darkandsmooth.

6. Do you have a common trend in character creating? (Ex. most of my characters I create are hybrids with strong animalistic behaviors. It doesn't have to be that extreme, it may be something as small as creating characters with similar clothing.

Answer six: Yeah My Hybridistic Characters were the ones from 2008 to 2013. And from Then, they all formed and joined a Coven called the BMC/Black Moon Cafe. Which had disbanded, and they all had a uniform and sigil as a tattoo on the upper and inner left forearm. The atttire was a black v-neck with a black jacket with a goldenrod zipper, and Chibi Hazama (from Blazblue Franchise) buttons, with Black pants with, Yuuki Terumi Chibis in various emotional poses on the pants...Skinny jeans, they were black skinny jeans.

Also the sneakers were the only choice of free will hahahaha. They were stark white and red laced sneakers with the RP layout logo/motto on them. (flaming pentagram) The wea shall most definitely perish..... (line break) Because only the strong survive. (Aquatic pentagram) (there was even a secret entrance!)

After the disbanning of the Coven, there was a temporary, Reunion which lead to another departure and now in 2017...The new Characters are part of another Coven, called A guild. Named by The new Leader. Lonny Asterik. Comet Immolation Le Fourth. There is no uniform, just the guild itself.

'Bout two years ago? Maybe one? I forget.

I found a bunch of people on some random chat in a mobile game I was into (it was pretty cringey looking back on it)

Nope, I was a creative introvert then, and I'm still a creative introvert now.

4. What factors/interests have the biggest influence on your roleplaying/writing style
The setting of the RP, my emotional state and how tired I am.

realistic personalities, if any of my characters see a dead body, they're most likely going to feel sick (unless they're an assassin or something)

Face-claims, I always start with those first then build my character from that

About when I was 9, though I obviously wasn't very good at it back then.

Through the ROBLOX forums.

3. Has roleplaying affected your life in any way since you first started?
Yes. Ever since I discovered the role-play subforum in roblox, I've been sort of obsessed with role-playing. It's taken quite a lot of my time, though most of the role-plays I have been hasn't really gone on longer than a week. I still really hold the roleplays that do deep in my heart, though. Now that I'm an older teen, and legally an adult, I've been struggling to enter back the role-playing hobby.

Oh god, I wish I knew what my influences were. I... admittedly am not that great with writing, as I have practiced art much more than writing. I'm actually kind of insecure about my writing, so I can't really particularly name a decent influence on my role-playing style. I'm a pretty edgy person, so I guess that could be considered one...? I do enjoy being a part of and seeing conflict in role-plays though, and I wish I have been in more rivalries and fights in RP than I have been.

Most of my characters I used to play were either seriously flawed, aggressive people, or intentionally and horribly cringe. I don't know why, but I just find those kinds of characters fun to play?

I feel the main part of my personality that I tend to put in my characters is oversensitivity, mostly anxiety, and the inability to ever think things through.

Yes. Most of my characters, by complete coincidence, is female.

Last edited:
Back