Interest Check [Wild West] Dead Man Walkin'

CorralDust

By hook or by crook
1.jpg

This wild west adventure comes from a mini-module for Deadlands Reloaded. No knowledge of the game required as conflict will be handled with a freeform approach rather than die rolling. It is a 'weird west' setting, so there will be at least one supernatural element to the story.

A week ago, an outlaw was hung for killin' a man. Now, each night since has seen a horrible murder and the good citizens of the small farming town in Nebraska are terrified. Is it the killer's friends exacting a slow revenge? Or something more sinister?

Players may choose to be a citizen of the town, a traveler that comes upon the town for reasons of their own, or perhaps even a friend of the recently hung criminal. Other ideas welcome!

Looking for at least 2 players (plus myself), up to 5 players max. This likely will not be a very long RP, but if we're having fun, we can always spin up another one later!

Actually looking to be a Marshal for a Deadlands game for a group of friends. So delving into the Wierd West has definitely earned my interest. How much of the setting is going to be the same as Deadlands? Ghost Rock? I'm thinking I'll play a huckster if you'll have me.

Thanks for the interest, Sanity! I've never actually played Deadlands before, so am just using a few of their ideas from this particular module as inspiration. This will be roughly historical, except that supernatural things exist. It's rare. Most folks don't know/believe.

More akin to the Supernatural TV show, just set in 1875. (Some flexibility in the year if someone has a pre-existing character that's made for a little later in the era.)

PCs might have had some run in with the supernatural before. Or not. Whichever seems more fun to play!

In Deadlands, most people don't believe in the supernatural. Though most people are at least on some level superstitious.
If your looking for a brief background into the Deadlands setting, which will probably make some things in the module make a little more sense, I recommend reading the attached file. Its a preamble taken from the Deadlands players guide. Its 16 pages, but it sums up where Deadlands differs from history in a fun In-character way. I'm printing copies for my players.
Because if it's mostly historical, can you really afford to call it the WIERD west?

Why would you assume I haven't read and understood the module? I purposefully picked this one because it was short and could accommodate historical PCs without hinging on any Deadlands specific lore.

Because Deadlands is pretty far from Historical. I'm just speaking from experience. I haven't read the module you picked, but the few I have read had things like the Rail Wars and other factions playing into them. Like the Agency and Texas Rangers. Which, I personally didn't understand until I read through the Players Guide and Marshal's Handbook.
It is very clear I overstepped. I just became excited by Deadlands. I can tell I'm not wanted here.
Good bye.

Well... I don't know anything about Deadlands, or Supernatural, but I think the concept you've thought of sounds really interesting to me!

@Sanity43217, you're still welcome to join, though it sounds as if the setting is not what you were hoping for. Which is understandable.

@Spiraea, great! Got any particular type of character in mind? :)

Back