WIP drawing criticism

Wow, I absolutely love the detail you put into her hair!! Well done!! I think one of the most helpful things I learned in art class in highschool was facial proportions. A face should be about 5 eye-widths wide. There should be an eye-width space between the two eyes, and then an eye-width space on either side of each eye (between the outside edge of the eye and the edge of the face). I think scaling down the size of the eyes might be helpful in making this picture look more realistic. I hope I explained this well enough to be helpful to you! Keep up the great work!!

I agree with the previous comment. In addition to altering the proportions, you can start playing with value and shading. Instead of always using harsh lines to outline the facial features, you can play with different values of shading to essentially build upon and create the illusion of the lines like things are in real life. I hope this helps a little. You've got a lovely start! Never stop creating! ♥️

Along with the other comments, I would suggest ending her breast line above the elbow bend. And because her shirt collar is fairly low, you may want to add some cleavage lines. This looks fantastic! Keep going because the potential of a professional artist (if that's something you're interested in) is definitely there!

Back