Workout Rutines

Natalija

Queen of LaLa Land, state of Capital Bulshit :P
So I'm curius, since I cant be the only one around here who works out regularly, vhat do you guys do as part of the regular daily sessions?

For me, a typical day (not counting weekends, I take it easy on Sat/Sun) starts vith 20 mins, of combined yoga streches, light-to-moderately dificult asanas, and a few plyo exercises, at about 7.00 in the morning. This counts as a warmup.

Then, right after breakfast, I do my morning session, vhich conzists of 2 parts, each lasting 40 minutes (counting breaks). 1st part is strength-training, vhich is self-explanetory. Some 1 handed dumbbells (usualy 12 and 24 kg ones, one in each hand), and pump it. Biceps first (12 kg weigts), pump until failure, 2 min break, repeat until failure, 3x times, each konsecutive time the break-period increases by 1 min. Then triceps, same, then sholders/lats, same (but vith 24 kg ones). Lats, abs, and back next, varius types of squats, deadlifts and sit-ups, all vith added weigt (20 or 40 kg weight-vest, depending on the exercise). Also several sessions, rep to failure, then konsecutively-increasing breaks in-betwen. That takes about 40 mins, total.

Second part is iron-body conditioning (this is a more specialized kind of training that focuses more on hardening the body, esential for numbing pain-senzitivity, calcifying bones, and in general being able to take alot of punishment in a full-contact fight). I do this in 2 parts a day, this first, morning part, the focus is the upper body. Head, face, neck, chest, ribs, solar plexus, back, kidneys, forearms, biceps. 1) Head - I wrap up a 2kg dumbbell in some towels, so the impact isnt too hard, but not too soft either (pain and some blunt trauma must be feled, so the body can adapt) then I pound my-self on the head vith it, 100-150 times, spreading it out all over the head and face. This does 3 jobs; dulls the nerve endings, hardens the skull, by calcifying the bones in the head, and builds up a rezistance to blunt-force trauma on the brain (you get harder and harder to knock out, since the brain gets acustomed to being bounced around in there). 5 minutes break, since this can be very dazing, body needs time to recover. 2) Neck - same thing, same weigt, same 100-150 times, all around the neck. This hardens the vertebrae, firms up the neck muscles, and builds up resistance in the throat agenst hits there. 5 minute break. 3) Chest/solar plexus/ribs/kidneys/gut. I amp up the weigt to 5 kg (7.5 kg for the ribs), and lose the towels. Agen 100-150 times hits on each area. Hardens the dijafragma agenst hits (makes you more resistant to geting the wind knocked out of you, certain martial art types rely a LOT on punishing the solar plexus, this is a hard-counter agenst that), makes the ribs tougher, makes the abs more bouncy to hits, makes the kidneys number to pain, and hardens the internal organs in general. All very useful. Another 5 min break. 4) Forearms/biceps/sholders. I drop the weigt down back to 2 kg (3 kg for the forearms), no towels. Same deal - pound them 100-150 times, each area, pain must be feled, and your arms/muscles shuld get a bit sore at the end. Makes the muscle tissue more resistant to deep-impact strikes, less chance of your arms going numb vhen you block a hard kick or something, calcifyns the bones, making them harder and less susceptible to breaking under hard impact, and also adds power to your punches, since harder bones in the arms means more momentum to put out. (note, all these weigts are my preference, I tailored them all to be just right for my level of conditioning, to feel pain and force the body to harden, but not be too much and cause damage; DO NOT TRY THIS AT THIS WEIGT-LEVEL, UNLESS YOU GOT A GOOD DEAL OF CONDITIONING ALREDY, start lighter and softer, and build up from there; iron body conditioning is tricky business, you need to use alot of common sense in how hard you do it).

At the end of this part, I apply ointment to the areas I just beat the shit out of, to aid in recovery. Morning part of my daily workout done, and I'm done until about 7 pm in the evening.

So, evening part starts at 7pm usualy, just before dinner. Same deal as morning, I warm up vith some yoga and stretches, another 20 minutes, but this time I include a few more chalenging asanas, as wel as foregoing plyo exercises (plenty of those to come later), in favor of more and harder stretching.

After dinner, the main part starts. Also divided in 2 segments, another 40 min. each. First part - cardio and endurance workout. This is all about plyometrics and core. Jumping, plyo-pushups, pullups, plyo-pullups (these ones are a bitch to do), and then plank, the rest of the time. So jumping - those are basicly jump-squats, vith some weigt (20 kg vest) - rep until failure. 3 min break, rep until failure, 3 min break, rinse and repeat, 3 times. This ones usualy enogh to make me gasp for breath at the end, so I take a bigger break, 10 min, before moving on. Plyo pushups - a pushup vith a little hop and clap on top of each. Way harder then regular ones. Same deal (but no added weigt, these are hard enogh to do as it is), rep until failure, 3 times, 3 min break in betwen each. These two exercise alredy tend to kill me, so I take another 10 min break, before moving on to pullups. The only non-plyo part, I put in pullups as a kind of break-exercise, since this is a pure strength thing, and it serves to rest me up from cardio stuff. Rep until failure, all in 1 go. No break (this in it-self vas a break), moving on imediatly to plyo-pullups. These are diferent from pullups in that you perform them much faster, and you dont control the momentum of your legs. So you end up haveing not just to pull urself up past the neck to the bar, but also deal vith lateral momentum of your trunk vhile swinging, puting alot more strain on your core. Rep until failure (vhich at this point isnt much, since I'm alredy half-dead from evrything before XD). One 3 min break, then another session of the same, before the plank. At this point, I got about 15-20 mins left, so I spend that just holding the plank, and resting during it (I can hold the plank for a long time, and since its not plyo, just core, it also tends to rest me up).

Second part - more iron body conditioning, this time focusing on the lower body, from crotch down. Crotch, hips, thighs, knees, shins, and feet. 1) Crotch (more important for guys to condition, obviusly, but that dont mean women cant benefit from it too, it may not hurt us as much vhen kicked there, but it does hurt, so... I tend to do it). This one, light dumbbell, 1 kg, a towel around it. 100-150 times pound it betwen my legs. Honestly, the mix of pain and stimulation from this almost qualifys as masturbating for me :D . Aniway, moving on, 2) hips. I amp up the weigt to 5 kg dumbbell, no wrap. Same thing, 100-150 times each hip, hard enogh for the bones to feel it. 3) Thighs. I amp up the weigt even more, 7.5 kg, and do the same, each thigh. Hardened thighs are important, since you tend to take most of the low kicks on them. 4) Knees. (This part, I tended to leave alone during my MMA days, since the rules didnt allow knee-stomps, and I never had to deal vith it. But in underground, almost anithing goes, so I learned very quickly that knees are fair-game there, vhen I had a fractured left knee during one of my first fights! Ouch, had to spend a week-and-half in a hospital for that) I drop down the weigt, to 2 kg, wraped up in some towels, and do the same, each kneecap. Front, sides, 150 hits each. 5) Shins. These are bread-and-butter for a kicker, vhich I am. So... they need to be like a rock. I tend to do them on a hardbag in a garage, filled up vith gravel. 300 kicks each leg. 6) Toes - not as important, but useful for front kicking and stomps. I also do them on a hardbag, another 300 kicks each leg.

Thats it for the evening part, and for the day.

P.S, forgot to add knuckles, in the morning part iron-body, those I also do on a hardbag, just wraps around them, 300 punches each.

Last edited:
I don't exactly do sessions everyday but I do them often enough to call them sessions. XD Anyway, I start my day with a big glass of water/coffee/milk (depends on my mood). Then I go out and walk around the apartment complex at least 2 or 3 times which would count as a mile I think. I rarely jog but if its nice out I will. After that, I will go downtown and jog/walk there while running some errands. Depending on how long the errands take, I get a good length of endurance each day I decide to go out (which is most days). I'm most likely never going to be able to do the stuff you do but I guess that just comes with being a short girl like me. XD

You think height has anithing to do vith it? No... just comitment. But aniway, good start!

Back