Writing an RP/story as a song...?

I've heard of songfics, which are fanfictions based off of songs, but have not yet heard of RPs written as songs. Though I suppose anything is possible.

Reactions: Nox
Ooh, interesting idea...

Well, there's no reason it isn't possible - question is, is it practical? I think the trickiest aspect here would be the length issue since a song's generally much shorter than a piece of prose. BUT that doesn't mean it can't be done... if you plan on writing a fairly short story, yeah, there's no reason you can't write it in song format (after all, aren't songs a form of storytelling?) Or maybe you could combine prose and songwriting, such as writing out the story first and then creating a song about it (or vice versa), or you could start every post/scene/chapter with a line or two for your song, and when you're done, you'll have the finished product. So, yeah, I'd say it could certainly be a practical format for your story if you do a bit of planning before writing the first draft or first post.

If you do wind up doing this, I'd definitely be curious to see the finished product, by the way; this seems like a really cool concept.

Reactions: Nox
I guess that can be partially possible when rping as a somewhat mentally damaged or ill individual. At the very least in terms of what the character thinks, writes and speaks.

You could make several songs, I think. Like a soundtrack. Each song depicts an event(s) in the RP/story, all in order.

Kind of like a musical, maybe?

Back