Resolved/Answered (You have insufficient privileges to post here.) haunts me

Asmith

Guarding lands of Eternal Frost
ve been having a problem submitting things to anywhere as it says "(You have insufficient privileges to post here.)" when i have already posted an introduction in the thread and I was seen later that day by 2 staff about 2 weeks ago (dec. TWENTY-THIRD), ive also confirmed my email and attempted to bug report it twice to no avail. please help me fast, I want to get to making threads about how I want to help with your gamemaster shortage (which I already was going to do with a harbor-town before I saw the notification) and would like to put this beautiful information sheet anywhere but the dark thousand page halls of Untitled Documents.

View attachment 127

Many of the people on this site have been very busy, or have been sick. It isn't normally this slow. Also, have you been posting in the other forums? Try writing a short story, hanging out in the group chat. Try to socialize with the community here.

I have indeed been hanging around, but most of my submissions have just been into general chat.

I have indeed been hanging around, but most of my submissions have just been into general chat.
In the help section, it states that to get approved you should post in other locations. Just hanging around in the chat isn't how you do it.

If you hang out in the community forum, interact with us there, say join in the games or head into the main lobby etc etc, that should help. Posting a welcome thread alone isn't what gets approval. Join in with the community :)

Sounds like the others explained it pretty well. the reason your account hasn't been approved yet is simply due to a lack of community interaction.

http://www.storytellerscircle.com/t...ers-before-posting-questions.1114/#post-13756

That post in the help forum explains the approval process pretty well. An introduction thread is one of the criteria, but you haven't yet met the second criteria. If you have any further questions regarding this let me know.

Another thing I would like to add is try to make your Introduction a bit more descriptive. Often people will include their favorite genres, a bit about their interests and personalities, or previous writing experiences. It's important to leave enough of said information in order for others who are recruiting (and even people who might be interested in joining your roleplay) to have a good picture of how you will perform as a writer on the team.

Ambiguous introductions are not necessarily rejected (so I have experienced), but they lack of these elements that an introduction thread is supposed to serve the purpose for.

Not to be rude, but I noticed your grammar and whatnot is a bit off. A well written intro demonstrates your ability as a writer to your peers, so make sure nit-picky stuff (IE Capitalization) is, for the most part, properly done. It doesn't directly affect you in any way, but again, people will judge you as a writer by the quality of your posts. IE, if a to-be Game Master had holes all over their post, and the entirety of it was a mess, I'd be less inclined to join the RP. I'm sure you are a competent writer, so make sure you represent one as well, even in off topic posts.

I hope this helps, and again, this is not necessary. Take it as a piece of advice from me. ;)

Back