Your Requests, Your Stories

~Nemo~

An Odd
Hi, Ethereal here. Besides rping, I also do like to write except my writing has went a little rusty in the past several months. So like the Tin Man, I starting to oil my writing joints and get back into the magic that is writing.

Anywho, I wanted to create this thread as an attempt to get back into the writing sphere and also write stories for people who... would want stories written for them. That's right, I'm taking requests. You tell me the genre, anything about the characters, etc; You can make the story limits as strict as possible or as free as you want. It's all up to you, after all I am just the writer.

Here's an optional form to use for your story requests.
Genre:
Facts about the main character(s), if any:
Theme:
Plot:
Any main events you want to take place?
Other things I may need to know before writing?

I would prefer these requests be sent via PM to leave this thread for the stories alone but I don't mind if you need/ or just want to post here.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to give you guys a small glimpse of my writing style before you go through with the requests. This is just to see if I am a worthy enough writer to put your stories into words.(Even though this is a story written in poem form. Fun Fact: I didn't want this to rhyme, it did that on its own but any who...)

“Where is my pearl necklace?” a bell like voice, dipped heavy with Southern heritage rung across the room. Dolly flitted around the grand room, her cream white dress flowing behind her. Walking to her vanity, she planted her small frame on the white washed chair and searched through her makeup and other feminine products. After a moment, her pale hands grabbed a small wooden box and quickly opened it to see the pearl necklace resting in its’ velvet coffin. Taking the necklace out of the box, she admired the blue of the pearls, the exact color of her eyes, before putting it on.

Applying the makeup in a fancy matter, the turquoise eyeshadow contrasted heavily with the burgundy lipstick that shone on her thin lips.

“Juliet!” she called, to which a tall brunette made of natural beauty responded.

“Yes, mom?” she replied with a sigh.

“I’ll be leaving soon and won’t be back until late so don’t wait up for me, okay?” Juliet nodded and with another sigh left her mother’s sight. Dolly turned and admired her reflection in the mirror, the artificial light reflecting in her blue eyes, before getting up and walking down the slightly curled staircase to the front door. Grabbing her coat, she slipped it on, stepping out into the chilly early spring weather.

Wrapping her coat tighter around her body, she took a breath, its’ misty form made evident in her front of her, and looked around to see if there was anyone that might follow her.

After a while, she headed towards the bad part of town where the abandoned buildings were shadowed by the fading light of the falling sun and loomed over her. She passed empty lots overgrown with weeds. Broken glass crunched beneath her shoes as she quickened her stride to an isolated bus hub, a small insignificant space that had a cold, broken metal bench and one sign that indicated that this was a stop.

She took a seat on the dingy bench, pulling her coat under her so she wouldn't dirty her silk dress. Time travelled slowly in her perception as she waited in the chilly eve, time traveled as slowly as the wobbly silhouette she saw in the distance. Unlike herself, she found herself watching as what seemed to be an old lady hobble her way to the bench.

The elderly lady slowly sat down, her wispy gravel-grey hair, floated around her blue eyes, slowly coming out of the bun pinned up by a load of bobby pins. Dolly continued to watch the lady until they met eyes.

Blue meeting blue for the first time but with the sense of vague familiarity.

The old lady smiled at Dolly, showing a mouth full of emptiness save five or six teeth that were rotten to little nubs of yellow and tar- colored pain. Dolly flinched at the smile and gave a nod before turning her gaze, acting as if she was distracted by something her peripheral had captured.

"I don't think I've ever seen you around this area before, hun." Dolly eyed the woman who has broke the uneasy silence between them.

"No, you haven't ever seen me at all." Dolly replied with a sharp note in her tone. The elder didn't seem to notice the bitter response and nodded.

"Good, this ain't a good area no how. Dangerous for beauties like you." She smiled, showing her rotten teeth again. Dolly resisted the urge to hack at the putrid sight and kept her gaze on the other female, noticing a faint Southern drawl to her voice.

" Dangerous how?”

"All these crooks and crack ‘eds around here, darlin'. You'd be robbed and Lord knows what else." Dolly again held an urge to just walk away until she heard the rest of the lady's story.

"That's what they did to my daughter, Judith, though she ain't on this earth no more and just today I lost my house to them damn crook lan'lords." The old lady wiped at her eyes, though Dolly couldn't see any tears fall from those hauntingly familiar blue eyes.

Staring at the lady, she gave her a moment for her daughter.

Just in that moment, the bus arrived. Dolly got up, grabbing her belongings and, out of kindness, let the elder lady get on first. When Dolly got on the bus, an ominous feeling of sadness that fit the look of the bus filled her. The green tinted lights flickered inconsistently, reflecting off the windows in an eerie matter. The seats looked too small and seemed to give a claustrophobic aura even though there was little to no people on the bus. The bus rattled when it started up again and Dolly found a seat quickly, closer to the front of the bus, across from a girl-about eight or nine-who was sleeping.

Dolly turned to the window and watched the dreary scene passed before. ‘It seems really sad today.” she thought absently and it seemed that nature agreed. Even though it was early spring, it was late enough for the trees to show buds of future summer leaves, but these ones did not. They seemed as if they were the forgotten mothers of a lost generation of leaves, that laid all over the ground by their roots. They were barren, doomed to be old and dry and brown until they would break apart and return to the ground.. They seemed lonely.

The concrete road laid dangerously out of place, overrun by the growth of innocent weeds and very old stains that could have been the result of anything. The night grew more noticeable, slowly taking away the light until all Dolly could see was her own reflection, given by the artificial light behind her head. Dolly wanted to admire her reflection but for some reason, she couldn’t. She couldn’t grasp anything to admire, she could only see someone who was sad and lonely, barren of attention she so desperately needed. She-

“Hi!” a voice filled with happiness broke through her intent study and she swiveled her gaze to the little girl from earlier, obviously awake.

“Hello, dear.” Dolly responded, a small smile on her face. She looked around to see if anyone was on the bus with the little girl, but found none but her and little girl. “Where are your parents?”

“Oh, my mommy forgot me again.” was a simple response from the girl. Dolly had to do a double take. She looked over the eight to nine year old that stood in front of her. Heavily adorable, from the swinging blonde hair to the missing two front teeth, the radiant,yet very familiar, blue eyes that shone from her pale complexion to the childish grin that danced across her face, she would have never thought that this would be a victim of a neglectful mother. Then again, she noticed something that automatically sent chills down her spine.

“Your mother forgot you?” Dolly repeated slowly.

“Yeah, she does it all the time but I know my way home by now.” Dolly looked at the girl again, the feeling growing stronger by the fact that this girl’s story was similar to her own childhood.

“Do you want any help?”

“No, I’ll be okay!”the child smiled and kept her eyes on the older woman. Dolly pursed her lips and crossed her arms, wanting to help the girl in anyway she could. Despite the growing apprehension that was slowly taking over her senses, despite the fact that the child’s eyes never left her figure.

Dolly looked away for a while before turning her gaze, deciding to meet the girl’s eyes.

Those blue eyes. The same ones the old lady had…

The same ones she has.

Dolly gasped and clutched for the necklace around her and opened her thin lips to ask a simple but heavy question.

“Sweetie, what’s your name?” Fear gripped her as she awaited the answer, hoping her frantic brain was so very wrong.

“Oh, my name’s Dolly.”

The only response was the sound of blue pearls clattering against the floor of the bus.

Back