Status
Not open for further replies.
The pair seemed like they were not going to answer Emily, but eventually the woman spoke up. "We are where we want to be."

"When we want to be," the man added.

"Though, there are recent limitations."

"Intriguing, but one just needs some time to think on it."

"What an awfully funny thing to say."

"Isn't it?"

"You know what I think, brother?"

"I can guarantee that I do."

"I think they should follow the music."

"Call it a prelude of things to come."

@Takumi @York @Minerva

"The blimp's probably more than a quid, mate," Cullen said.

As he said this, policemen were starting to shuffle in from the gift shop entrance. They walked quickly through the boardwalk and toward the ticket booths. "Everyone, there have been some developments that require some changes for ticket sales!" A couple men were carrying in what appeared to be wooden barriers that read "Police, Do Not Cross, Columbia Police Authority."

"All proceeding sales will require routine searches and proper identification!"

@Gummi Bunnies @Neko Shogun @Capri @Yun Lee
A faint sound of music could be heard coming from one of the beach docks. It was a folksy tune that sounded easy to dance to.

@Takumi @York @Minerva

"Wonder how long these loops go on for exactly..." Cullen said absently. He eyed the police blockade for a moment before looking to Jianyu and the others. "Not that I know what rubbish that Demiurge is up to, but seems to me he put us on the beach for a reason. Probably aren't supposed to be taking rides yet."

Billy shrugged. With everything going on, the reality of coming to a world where have their group might be scrutinized for reason rooted in discrimination was certainly a sobering one. Hopefully whoever they were looking for was a bit of a progressive.

"Without my magic, I'm not winning any strength contests," he admitted.

@Ver @Josh @Krieg @Crunch

Well, that sounded... ominous. It looked like they would have to find music, probably played by a bard of some kind. She looked at Azura and Emily.

"Well, shall we go off to look for this Bard, wherever he is?"​
The sound of music drew the trio to the end of one of the docks on the beach where Biscuit already was. One man was playing violin, while another was on the piano. A group was dancing around, some clapping happily to the music. The group was trying to get Biscuit to dance while one boy pleaded with a woman to dance with him. The boy looked particularly familiar to Emily.

"I don't dance," the woman said brusquely.

"Why?!" exclaimed the boy, as if that was a crazy thing to say.

"Elliot, we gotta go."

"Ms. DeWitt, there's nothing better than this," the boy said. "This is the kind of thing I could have only imagined before!"

Some of the dancers took notice of the newcomers and tried to get them to dance as well.

@Takumi @York @Minerva @Jeremi

A distant bang could be heard from inside the building, coming from either the Arcade or Gift Shop. A few police officers left the blockade to go running inside.

"Exciting," Cullen said dryly.

The thingamabob burst upward from the force of Spike's display of strength and slammed into the bell of the machine, just as screams began to ring out around the Arcade. The muscly man cried out and cowered into the fetal position while the man who had been calling on people to try the motion leaped from the podium he had been standing on. His bag of coin went flying, the contents of which spilled out in front of Spike and the others.

Though the police who had harassed the group had left, others came running in to check on what had happened. Billy turned to them, his eyes going wide. "Pretend you're with the crowd!" he yelled.

@Ver @Josh @Krieg @Crunch

Emily Hayes
@Takumi @Atomic Knight @Minerva

Emily considered what they said, glancing down at her stone. It seemed the pair had this strange aura to them, different from their surroundings. In some ways, they were reminiscient of Ikol, the voice itself. Except, they had alot more freedom on their side. Or at least, that used to be the case. Nonetheless, their suggestion seemed harmless, and so, she bowed politely.

uF82G8j.png

"Thank you for your time. I hope to see you soon." She said, nodding at Triss' words.

With little hesitation, she soon headed towards the docks, and there she found herself looking at a very familiar boy. She blinked, unsure if she was seeing things, until the woman he was trying to dance with spoke.

VosXxgM.png

"I... Feel like we danced before." She said, partly to herself.

Her eyes closed for a moment, as she recalled what had happened just a few days ago in her mind, but apparently ages ago in the grand scheme of things. That strange place that had compelled them to dance, Elliot included.

Deciding not to think too hard on it, she instead remembered what the siblings had said; 'follow the music'.

Her gaze turned to the woman, who seemed adamant on going somewhere, a curious look on her face as she contemplated dancing, in spite of her inexperience in that department.

"Is there a reason you're in such a hurry?" She asked.

One might mistake her for an innocent youth, captivated by the tunes and eager to get others to join in the dancing... However, there was an unmistakeable air of power, and determination.​

As Nathan was drawn to the music,he would have seen a rowdy display of dancing. A woman was standing awkwardly in the middle of it all, her name evidently DeWitt. She was looking at Emily as if she was the last person she wanted to talk to at the moment. "That's... none of your business," she said in response to Emily's question.

The boy named Elliot winked at Emily and took a few playful steps backward amidst the dancers. He tapped along to the music, even as DeWitt shot him an unimpressed look.

"Bridgette," Elliot said, "just one dance. Please?"

He looked past the woman, catching Nathan's eye. "You too!" he exclaimed. "Come on, everyone!"

@Takumi @York @Minerva @Jeremi @Space_Candy

Last edited:
Jianyu used the opportunity to teleport to the beach. If anyone in their group so desired, she would take them along. "If there's one thing I know," she said, "it's to clear the fuck out of a fight if you're not involved!" The latter option of fight or flight was what saved her ass more times than she could count.

@Atomic Knight @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Neko Shogun

Nathan's heart sank as the man- no, Elliot looked at him.

He hadn't seen or remembered him in years, but as soon as they locked eyes he knew. But, it didn't appear to be the hostile, hot-headed Elliot he knew.

"Wha- me?" He managed to mutter, his tone sounding a mixture of confusion and vague panic.

Okay, so definitely dreaming.

@Atomic Knight

Elliot laughed and continued to dance, seemingly have not heard Nathan at first. He eventually beckoned the boy on over with a wave. "Yeah, you!"

On the beach nearby, Cullen took notice at the group on the dock. "A lot of blokes crowded over there," he said. The dancers seemed to be having a great time, spurned on by the crowd they seemed to be drawing. The two men playing picked up the pace of their jaunty, folksy tune as the clapping continued at a rhythmic pace. It seemed they didn't even hear whatever commotion was going on inside the boardwalk building.

@Takumi @York @Minerva @Jeremi @Space_Candy @Yun Lee @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Neko Shogun

"Oh, shit. Guess we ended up in the right place?" Jianyu started for the crowd at the boardwalk. "A big group like that pretty much screams important!"

As she moved over, she noticed one person not dancing. Talk about sticking out like a sore thumb... "Hey, what's the matter, huh?" She asked Bridgette, strolling up to her. "Got two left feet or something?"

@Atomic Knight @Takumi @York @Minerva @Jeremi @Space_Candy @Yun Lee @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Neko Shogun

The woman didn't take notice of Biscuit at first, preoccupied moreso on the dancing boy. Eventually she walked right up to the dancing formation, right as most of dancers took a step back to cheer on the boy, who was spinning around, arms outstretched and his shoes tapping cleanly against the wood of the dock. Attractive and with a crop of short hair, the boy looked youthful.

"Sir," repeated the woman. "Sir. Elliot!"

The boy let out a laugh, turning to the woman trying to get his attention.

"Hello!" said the boy named Elliot, continuing to dance. "This is really so amazing! Ms. DeWitt, you should join me!"

A few of the dancers clapped along, moving toward Biscuit. They gestured to her, as if seeing if the little girl she appeared to be wanted to dance as well.

@Jeremi

Not on your life, Biscuit thought to herself as the crowd beckoned her to dance but she showed a far more flowery disposition to the dancers. "Oh no, I'm so clumsy I couldn't possibly! I'd embarrass myself completely!"

As Nathan was drawn to the music,he would have seen a rowdy display of dancing. A woman was standing awkwardly in the middle of it all, her name evidently DeWitt. She was looking at Emily as if she was the last person she wanted to talk to at the moment. "That's... none of your business," she said in response to Emily's question.

The boy named Elliot winked at Emily and took a few playful steps backward amidst the dancers. He tapped along to the music, even as DeWitt shot him an unimpressed look.

"Bridgette," Elliot said, "just one dance. Please?"

He looked past the woman, catching Nathan's eye. "You too!" he exclaimed. "Come on, everyone!"

@Takumi @York @Minerva @Jeremi @Space_Candy

Oh great, more of the group kept showing up. This was going to turn out great.

Nathan sighed, walking over to Elliot.

Might as well go along with it.

"Do you remember me?" Nathan asked as he neared Elliot's dancing form.

@Atomic Knight

Bridgette noticed an unknown boy coming closer to Elliot and was about to step towards when.

"Oh, shit. Guess we ended up in the right place?" Jianyu started for the crowd at the boardwalk. "A big group like that pretty much screams important!"

As she moved over, she noticed one person not dancing. Talk about sticking out like a sore thumb... "Hey, what's the matter, huh?" She asked Bridgette, strolling up to her. "Got two left feet or something?"

@Atomic Knight @Takumi @York @Minerva @Jeremi @Space_Candy @Yun Lee @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Neko Shogun

"Because we don't have time for this," Bridgette mumbled loud enough for Jianyu to hear before she made her way towards Elliot and grabbed him firmly by the hand. "You've had your fun, but we need to go. Now." This was not a request, but an order.

Biscuit meanwhile looked on with interest. The woman and the boy... "Could they be the ones we're looking for?" She asked under her breath to Jianyu. "They are acting pretty suspicious after all."

Elliot's happy expression waned for a second upon Nathan asking if he remembered him. He paused briefly in his dancing to examine him a bit intently. "I... don't think so," he said, at a bit of a loss. "You might have me confused with someone, I've never really... known many people."

He gave the other boy a sad smile and was about to resume dancing when Bridgette grabbed him. "H-Hey, Bridgette!" He resisted against her, looking more flustered than cross. "This isn't fair! I just got out of that tower!"

Cullen watched as the woman started to pull the boy along. "Let's find Wiccan so he can determine if these are who we're looking for," he said, agreeing with Biscuit.

@Takumi @York @Minerva @Jeremi @Space_Candy @Yun Lee @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Neko Shogun

Nathan raised a brow in confusion and offense, watching as Elliot was dragged off some woman named Bridgette.

"Hey, hey, hey!"He shouted out to them, annoyed.

"You're name is Elliot right?" Nathan called out, running a hand through his own styled hair.

This was a very realistic dream.

@Atomic Knight @Everyone Else Im Sorry

NlgtRVn.png

❝ Okay, guess that's a start too. Yeah, lemme just keep something as reference... ❞ Blake mumbled once it was brought to suspicion that the boy and that woman could be their people of interest. A light flash came from his tech cube, letting out the sound of a subtle camera snap. Hopefully the picture results were visible enough to relay to the others.

❝ Okay I think I got a good pic.... I think? Anyways, so we just gotta show this to Billy, right? ❞

@Atomic Knight @Takumi @York @Minerva @Jeremi @Space_Candy @Yun Lee @Capri @Neko Shogun

Elliot's happy expression waned for a second upon Nathan asking if he remembered him. He paused briefly in his dancing to examine him a bit intently. "I... don't think so," he said, at a bit of a loss. "You might have me confused with someone, I've never really... known many people."

He gave the other boy a sad smile and was about to resume dancing when Bridgette grabbed him. "H-Hey, Bridgette!" He resisted against her, looking more flustered than cross. "This isn't fair! I just got out of that tower!"

Cullen watched as the woman started to pull the boy along. "Let's find Wiccan so he can determine if these are who we're looking for," he said, agreeing with Biscuit.

"And if you don't want to go back there," Bridgette hissed at the boy. "You'll do as I say and come along."

"That's what I'm thinking, yeah. You guys go find him, I'll keep them distracted." Jianyu grabbed Bridgette by the shoulders. "HEY EVERYBODY! CONGA LINE, LET'S GO! CONGA CONGA CON-GA! WOOOOOO!!!"​

Bridgette was surprised enough by Jianyu grabbing her should that she let go of Elliot. "Girl if you don't let go of me this instant." The woman didn't seem to be playing around and the frustration in her voice was evident. "We're running out of time..." She added with an angry mumble.

NlgtRVn.png

❝ Okay, guess that's a start too. Yeah, lemme just keep something as reference... ❞ Blake mumbled once it was brought to suspicion that the boy and that woman could be their people of interest. A light flash came from his tech cube, letting out the sound of a subtle camera snap. Hopefully the picture results were visible enough to relay to the others.

❝ Okay I think I got a good pic.... I think? Anyways, so we just gotta show this to Billy, right? ❞

@Atomic Knight @Takumi @York @Minerva @Jeremi @Space_Candy @Yun Lee @Capri @Neko Shogun

Blake found the picture suddenly vanish from his hand. "Good idea," Biscuit stood in front of him now holding the picture. "I'm probably the fastest one here so we'll try to get Billy as quickly as possible and come back. Try not to start a war when I'm gone okay?" With a sudden burst of energy, Biscuit vanished in a blur, heading back to the beach where they started to try and find Wiccan and show him the picture.

View attachment 6487

"My rotten luck..." Touma mumbled as the man named Spike decided to do the do and attract attention to them all. The boy jumped in surprise as his gun accidentally unloaded, not even aware that the man was loaded until it was too late. As everyone began scrambling in the arcade, Touma wasted no time taking Billy's advice and attempted to blend in with the rest of the crowd... as much as he could, at least, with a face like his.

With that in mind, Touma ducked his head down to avoid anyone taking notice of him, before taking note of the bag of coins the other man had dropped. With that, the boy attempted to take his opportunity while he had it, and snatch the bag before anyone else could notice in the heat of the chaos.

Touma wasn't one for stealing, but hey, you had to do what you had to do. Hopefully once the multiverse was restored, the man's bag would be restored, but even if not... well, a few bucks surely was a good payment for the restoration.

@Atomic Knight @Josh @Krieg @Arcade

"Y-Yeah...?" Elliot stammered, looking back at Nathan. "How could you know my name when you just got here...?" Nathan had distracted him so he stopped pulling against Bridgette.

"I'm not sure a picture is enough..." Cullen began, but he trailed off once Biscuit was gone.

@Space_Candy

Billy had taken his own advice and began making a run for it. Amidst the chaos, no one noticed him leaving or Touma grabbing the bag. Billy ran right into Biscuit as he was coming out on to the beach.

"Oof!"

@Ver @Jeremi

Nathan's brows furrowed, a heat forming in his chest and his temper started to flare.

"You don't remember!?" He raised his voice.

"The giant fucking robots, Emily, the Sargent guy? None of it?"He moved forward grabbing Elliot's wrist and looking into his cold blue eyes.

"Do you not? You fell off that cliff- I thought you were DEAD! What the fuck." Nathan dropped his wrist and covered his own face with his hands.

@Atomic Knight @York @Everyone

"CONGA CONGA CON-GA!!! CONGA CONGA CON-GA!!!!!!" If anything, Bridgette just made Jianyu get louder, and the girl kept an iron grip on her shoulders, refusing to let her go as she pulled her away from Elliot, trying to keep them separated so that they could stay here as long as possible.

In the jumping, they could see that Bridgette had a pistol hidden in her inner vest pocket. "I. Said. Let. Go." She was practically fuming at this point, but it seemed like despite being in a hurry that she didn't want to start too much of a scene.

"Y-Yeah...?" Elliot stammered, looking back at Nathan. "How could you know my name when you just got here...?" Nathan had distracted him so he stopped pulling against Bridgette.

"I'm not sure a picture is enough..." Cullen began, but he trailed off once Biscuit was gone.

@Space_Candy

Billy had taken his own advice and began making a run for it. Amidst the chaos, no one noticed him leaving or Touma grabbing the bag. Billy ran right into Biscuit as he was coming out on to the beach.

"Oof!"

@Ver @Jeremi

Despite her size and stature, Biscuit was planted firmly in place despite Billy walking into her. "Good, you're here." She shoved the picture into Billy's face. "We think we found the people we're supposed to be looking for. Anyone look familiar?"

@Atomic Knight @Ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back