[1x1] The Conduit Effect

Raptor Jesus

Earl of Phantomhive
Milineum City. It seemed to be a common meeting place for the group known as Conduits. A small group of Conduits even began to form overtime, however they soon broke off and went their own separate ways due to internal disputes.
However, despite this, one of the members of the group opted to stay in this city.

And that man was Richard Weems.

He didn't have much going for him back home in England, so he might as well stay here where he's among more of his kind. Where he'd be socially accepted because of his abilities, rather than treated like an outcast.

bank-robbery.jpg

On this fine day, a bank robbery was in progress in downtown. Four armed thugs, two in the front with the hostages, and two in the back with the cash. This was going to be easy. Richard casually strolled into the bank with a cocky grin on his face, causing the the thugs yo draw their weapons.

oswald-cobblepot-aka-the-penguin-looks-very-different.jpg

"Gentlemen!" He exclaimed nonchalantly in a cockney sounding accent. "Didn't your mummy and daddy ever teach you that its rude to take things that don't belong to you?"

"The fuck?! You got a death wish or somethin' pal?" One of the thugs questioned as he kept his rifle trained on him. Richard didn't respond, instead only grinning as he raised his palm towards to the sky, a small ball of fire appearing seemingly out of thin air. "Shit! You're one'a those goddamn Conduit freaks aren't ya?!" He shouted, earning a chuckle from Richard, who shook his head before shooting said thug in the chest with the fireball, causing him to fall over and fall unconscious due to taking a nasty hit on the head.

The other thug grabbed one of the hostages, a woman who appeared to be no older than Richard himself, and put the gun to her head. "Don't step any closer, freak!" He shouted, though his shaky voice clearly indicated fear.

@Neko Shogun

Just when she had been at the top of her game, Cynthia found herself taking one step back from the enjoyment she had come to know. Some time ago, she awoke to her conduit powers and found herself joining up with a group of like-minded individuals who also had come to possess super human abilities just as she had. Life was good until said group eventually split up due to internal disputes. While this had been irritating to the blonde at first, Cynthia eventually found it to be a blessing in disguise. With the others mostly gone from the city, she was the only hotshot around who could fight crime.

So, for some time now, Cynthia--or Pixel as she liked to call herself--had been working solo. She came to realize she better enjoyed working like this anyhow. The young woman had always been a rather introverted individual and it was likely the others would've just gotten in her way. The more criminals she put behind bars, the more popular she became around the city. Pixel was treated like a hero, the only hero, and she loved every second of it. Today, however, she was having a bit of problem with being the sole individual to take the spotlight.

While out walking the city, Cynthia had spotted a bank robbery downtown. She was the first one to the scene and used her hologram powers to disguise her appearance and look like an ordinary person just walking into the bank. Her plan was to lay low and wait. When the robbers were confident they had the upper hand, she would stealthily take down each one of them. However, things did not go according to plan.

A man, who appeared to be a fellow conduit, walked right into the bank and began confronting the robbers. So much for her stealth approach. Cynthia growled and cursed under her breath, attempting to rethink her plan, only to be interrupted when one of the robbers would grab her and put a gun to her head. From Richard's perspective, Cynthia looked like a harmless, scrawny, frightened woman with short brown hair, but she dropped the facade when realizing she was in danger.

"Okay, that's enough of that," she grumbled, a digital sword materializing in her grasp. She would attempt to stab the weapon into the man who had grabbed onto her. It was then that her fake appearance would vanish in a blue light, revealing her to be a woman with long, blonde hair dressed in all black. And she did not look happy. "Ugh, what a pain in the ass," Cynthia complained.

@Raptor Jesus

When Cynthia revealed herself to Richard, the man seemed surprised, gasping and stepping back a bit as she easily took care of the thug. Once he was out of the initial shock, however, Richard only eyed Cynthia before putting on a cocky grin.

"Heh, didn't expect to see to see another bloody conduit here." Richard said as he began to head into the back. "But I'm gonna go take care of those blokes in the back. So you can be on your merry way, mate."

@Neko Shogun

tumblr_inline_mj3yw0RHd31qz4rgp.png

After taking out the thug who had held her captive, Cynthia moved to stand in front of Richard and block his way. "I don't think so. Why don't you be on your merry way and and let me handle the rest of them," she replied back, placing her hands on her hips before cocking a brow. "Stand aside and let an experienced lady conduit show you how it's done, kay?"

@Raptor Jesus

tumblr_inline_mj3yw0RHd31qz4rgp.png

After taking out the thug who had held her captive, Cynthia moved to stand in front of Richard and block his way. "I don't think so. Why don't you be on your merry way and and let me handle the rest of them," she replied back, placing her hands on her hips before cocking a brow. "Stand aside and let an experienced lady conduit show you how it's done, kay?"

@Raptor Jesus
Richard would only smile like the cocky son of a bitch he was and continue to stroll onward nonchalantly as he casually wagged his finger, almost mockingly so.

"Now luv, it'd just be right bloody awful for me to allow a beautiful lass such as yourself be put in harms way by these mongrels. Why, I don't think I'd be able to live with myself!" He said in a very condescending tone, quite obviously mocking her and he abilities like the lil shit he was : |

@Neko Shogun

tumblr_inline_mj3yvg2qnT1qz4rgp.jpg

Did this man not have a functioning sense of hearing? Cynthia twitched an eyebrow when Richard would refuse to leave, almost losing her composure for a second. She did, however, manage to rein herself in by convincing herself that this man was just a stubborn, brainless conduit. He would probably get in her way, but whether he was here or not, Cynthia was experienced. She, the lovely and powerful Pixel, could most certainly handle this even with an obstacle in her way.

"Gee, mister, how kind of you to call me beautiful. I should pay you back by catching these bad guys all on my own. Now just stay here, please. I insist!" Without warning, Cynthia flung a few square shaped projectiles at the ground in front of Richard, heating up the objects so that they would melt the ground around his feet. The young woman hoped to get him stuck, but even slowing him down would be good enough.

After using her projectiles, Cynthia turned and began to run towards the back of the bank--hoping to quickly take care of the robbers before Richard would catch up to her.

@Raptor Jesus

tumblr_inline_mj3yvg2qnT1qz4rgp.jpg

Did this man not have a functioning sense of hearing? Cynthia twitched an eyebrow when Richard would refuse to leave, almost losing her composure for a second. She did, however, manage to rein herself in by convincing herself that this man was just a stubborn, brainless conduit. He would probably get in her way, but whether he was here or not, Cynthia was experienced. She, the lovely and powerful Pixel, could most certainly handle this even with an obstacle in her way.

"Gee, mister, how kind of you to call me beautiful. I should pay you back by catching these bad guys all on my own. Now just stay here, please. I insist!" Without warning, Cynthia flung a few square shaped projectiles at the ground in front of Richard, heating up the objects so that they would melt the ground around his feet. The young woman hoped to get him stuck, but even slowing him down would be good enough.

After using her projectiles, Cynthia turned and began to run towards the back of the bank--hoping to quickly take care of the robbers before Richard would catch up to her.

@Raptor Jesus
Richard could only sigh as Cynthia melted the ground around him, looking around beside him in nothing more than mild annoyance. As she ran forward to the back of the bank, appearing to get a head start on him, Richard would leap up into the air and land on his two feet, making sure not to fall down to the crevasses below the bank.

Breaking out into nearly a sprint, the male conduit eventually caught up to Cynthia right before she reached the thugs. Making his presence known by giving her a playful, but not necessarily hard, smack on the back of her head, Richard turned to her and smirked as he kept walking.

KARpT.jpg

"I think your cube toy might have damaged public property back there, luv." Richard chimed with a smirk. "You should really go back there and fix it while I deal with these blokes." Before Cynthia could respond, however, Richard would have pointed a single finger to the floor in front of her. As he did so, a wall of flame erupted out of the ground, successfully blocking her path as Richard continued forward.

What a jerk.

@Neko Shogun

Cynthia's run ended up being more of a casual jog--which she heavily regretted. She underestimated this man, figuring she could take her time getting to the robbers after she had used her trick to melt the ground. Oh, how wrong she had been. It started when she would feel a smack to the back of her head, causing Cynthia to reflexively straighten her back before realizing who had been the one to touch her.

tumblr_inline_mj3ywihbAU1qz4rgp.jpg

"Hey!"
she called out, shooting the man a glare as he would move past her. "That's no way to treat a lady!"

But the man's poor treatment didn't stop there. He erected a wall of flames in her path, causing the blonde to skid to a stop in front of it. She held her breath, nearly feeling the heat from the flames singe the tips of her bangs. What he did was a jerk move, but she couldn't exactly blame him when she had just done the same thing. The woman let out a frustrated huff. "How dare you!"

She paused before adding, "I think a little property damage is the least of the bank's worries right now." Shaking her head, the conduit held up her hands and began to summon forth a bit of digital energy that she would send out in the form of a wave at the fire wall. She attempted to puncture a hole through the wall, proceeding to rush through it afterwards. This time, she ran faster--working with all her might to catch up to where Richard was at.

When she would see him, Cynthia would unleash another wave of pixilated energy that would hit the man like a gust of wind. It was her hope that the wind would hit him and trip him up, knock him to the side, or cause him to fall over. "Maybe you should go back and put out your fire. We don't want to burn the whole damn bank down," she hissed out.

@Raptor Jesus

Richard hadn't expected Cynthia to catch up to him so easily, not after he just literally blocked her progress with a whole wall of fire. But, you never underestimate a conduit.

Caught off guard by the sudden gust of wind, Richard tripped and face-planted to the floor, hitting directly on his nose. As he slowly stood up to his feet, Richard could feel his nose bleeding, to which he quickly wiped the blood using his arm.

"Bloody hell, mate!" Richard shouted before giving chase to Cynthia. If she looked behind her, she'd find that the wall of fire had almost entirely disappeared. Once he was close enough, however, Richard quickly grabbed her arm and attempted to slam he against the wall.

Cynthia might have laughed when Richard hit the floor if she hadn't already realized that she shouldn't underestimate him. The blonde passed him when he fell, but she expected him to quickly catch up to her once more. And, of course, he caught up to her in a flash.

Although she wouldn't take the time to look behind herself and see that the fire wall had disappeared, she could definitely feel when the heat died down. A curse slipped out of her lips before she would find herself grabbed by the arm in an attempt to be slammed against a wall. The young woman planted a food behind herself against the wall, however, kicking to wall to propel herself forward. So, instead of hitting the wall, she slammed right into Richard instead.

0000eyr1

"What the heck is your problem!?" the female called out, a low growl sounding in the back of her throat afterwards. "Just let me do this!" Why was this man being so stubborn? Usually, conduits stayed out of her way when she tried to be heroic, yet this man was insistent on helping stop this bank robbery. It wouldn't have been a problem if she was okay with help, but Pixel worked alone.

@Raptor Jesus

Cynthia might have laughed when Richard hit the floor if she hadn't already realized that she shouldn't underestimate him. The blonde passed him when he fell, but she expected him to quickly catch up to her once more. And, of course, he caught up to her in a flash.

Although she wouldn't take the time to look behind herself and see that the fire wall had disappeared, she could definitely feel when the heat died down. A curse slipped out of her lips before she would find herself grabbed by the arm in an attempt to be slammed against a wall. The young woman planted a food behind herself against the wall, however, kicking to wall to propel herself forward. So, instead of hitting the wall, she slammed right into Richard instead.

0000eyr1

"What the heck is your problem!?" the female called out, a low growl sounding in the back of her throat afterwards. "Just let me do this!" Why was this man being so stubborn? Usually, conduits stayed out of her way when she tried to be heroic, yet this man was insistent on helping stop this bank robbery. It wouldn't have been a problem if she was okay with help, but Pixel worked alone.

@Raptor Jesus
Upon being countered by Pixel, Richard stumbled back a bit, though he managed to stay upright rather than falling over. "I wanna stop the crimes in this city, just as you do, mate. Simple as that." Richard said as he began to sprint away to the back as fat as he could. He was nearly there. He could do this.

@Neko Shogun

tumblr_inline_mj3yvxLiBT1qz4rgp.png

Cynthia released a huff of anger when Richard would explain his reasoning behind why he was getting in her way. She couldn't exactly argue with him, but the blonde really hated the fact that he was here and just wouldn't leave her alone. The young woman kept up her pace and continued to run, this time making her way beside the male without doing anything to attack him.

"I think you're a major asshole," she complained, "but I guess it isn't as if I can stop you without a civilian getting hurt or giving the criminals an opportunity to escape. I'll put up with you for now if you'll accept a temporary truce." This was a big city and she hadn't had to deal with Richard until today, so maybe if she was lucky she wouldn't have to see him again after they finished up this ridiculous bank incident.

@Raptor Jesus

Back