500 Years Later [Urban Fantasy]

bluestars

500 years ago, Uspana was a place filled with warring kingdoms and full of magic. Etrye and Oblia were two of the largest kingdoms and had been fighting for years over land. While magic was prevalent in fighting, no one in Etrye expected the magic power Oblia possessed; they had an old witch, an incredibly strong caster. The witch cast a spell over Etrye- one that turned its inhabitants into stone for 1000 years. The Etrye were warned of the spell beforehand as a way to get them to surrender. They chose not to, but the king and queen sent their only heir away on horseback. However, the prince/ss (Muse A) was on the border of Etrye and another kingdom. As a result, Muse A was only frozen for 500 years.

---------
Those 500 years changed Uspana. While magic is still intertwined into society, technology has quickly changed society. Instead of towers and kingdoms, massive cities filled with skyrises dominate the horizon. Nobody travels on a horse anymore- why should they when they can just drive or take a broom? With this, society has changed too. People are much more accepting than they were a long time ago. Muse B is a wizard in this world. They are very intelligent and powerful at such a young age. Muse B made it rich by using their powers and business skills to open up a successful enterprise where strong wizards use their powers to help others with problems. This ranges from opening a jar to love potions. Muse B, of course, is the most powerful wizard of the company and only deals with big problems. They have seen politicians and kings asking for a solution to their problems, met some of the most powerful people. And through this Muse B has learned two things: that people are willing to do horrible things to get what they want, and that everyone is greedy and too lazy to fix things themselves. This has caused Muse B to become cynical and in general, to dislike people.
-------
After unfreezing and realizing everybody else in Etrye is frozen, Muse A remembers someone who can help- an ancient wizard who lived not too far away. They ride their now unfrozen horse into the nearest city, stunned and a little scared. The tower is still where they thought it was- only now it has become Muse B's skyrise. Muse A goes inside and after explaining their problem, they are sent right up to Muse B.
Muse B is intrigued by the issue- it's definitely different than what they normally deal with. Muse B also loves puzzles and solving things- this seems like a challenging puzzle for them. The only way to break a curse is to either force the witch who cast it to break it or to kill them. Muse B agrees to help Muse A track her down.
------

So this plot is supposed to be more comedy and lighthearted fun than super dramatic. There will be some dramatic parts, but mostly it'll a "wacky misadventures" type of plot as Muse A adjusts to the new world and as Muse B learns that not everyone is a horrible person. I can play either character.
Also, I've noticed that some people drag plots out with a lot of filler. Since this is a silly adventure story, it can go on for a good while as the characters get into trouble and explore, but eventually, it has to finish the arc with them taking care of the witch. At this point, we can either make up a new plot arc or just finish with this world.

What I Like:
-Creative people who are willing to contribute to not only the plot, but to the world. Don't be scared to help world-build!
-IF romance happens, it definitely shouldn't be forced. Drama in relationships is welcome too.
-Not every response warrants several paragraphs, and not every message deserves a simple one liner in response. I typically write around 2 paragraphs, but this flucuates. I 'd like it if you could write around that length.
-I'm not a stickler for grammar or 'beautiful' writing. As long as I can understand what you're writing and if your writing makes sense (i.e. you don't randomly throw in a random godzilla vs. king kong fight or other things that don't fit in the rp), I'm fine.
-I tend to flesh out my characters through roleplay, so I'll send a base idea of their overall personality, backstory, etc. and work on them through the rp.
-I'm fine with any pairing.
-I don't do smut so any of that can just be skipped using a fade to black. (Making suggestive comments is fine though as long as it's not super dirty.)
-I'm mostly on everyday. Occasionally I will be pretty busy, but I should be able to reply every other day even at my busiest.

Thanks for reading! Just comment below if interested. :)

Hello there! This sounds like it'd be fun to write, and I'd absolutely love to work with you to develop the world as well as the characters. My posts may be a tad sporadic for the next couple weeks, though (because finals :/ ), but once summer starts, I'll be able to post at least once - if not twice or more - daily, depending on how long each reply is.

Hey, same here! My schedule should clear up after next week but it'd no big deal if you're busy for the next few weeks, you can't ignore life. (And good luck on finals!!) Do you have a character preference or a pairing preference? I'm pretty much fine with anything, although I won't be doing romance with M/M pairings at the moment because I've done waayyy too many of those recently, haha.

Awesome, and thanks!

I'm perfectly happy writing either character, but am particularly interested in writing Muse A, if that's alright with you. :) And as for gender and pairings, I'm fine with writing anything, though for this roleplay, I think I'm going to make my character female (been writing a lot of guys lately, and I have a female character I was going to use for another recent roleplay that never quite got started, and I think she'd fit well in this story).

Back