A Legend of Tail and Talon: Looking for New Participants

WiZ

Hello, I got this good story idea that I want to try out. I noticed there hasn't been any activity in the Table Top Section of this website for quite some time, so if this gets interest then I might do that, or just keep it simple.

The basic setting is a fantasy world where there are no humans, and humanoid animals rule the Lands. These beasts have created great civilizations, from the roaming Nomads in the North to the Kai Ming Dynasty in the East. There are four major factions, but minor factions exist as well. The Lands have always been a wild place, but something has changed: the bones of our animal ancestors have risen from their graves and are attacking innocent beasts! For this, heroes from the across the Lands must come together to stop this madness.

The Kingdom of Ironblade
Once a great Kingdom which ruled with honor has been devastated with the unrelenting swarms of undead. With the Wolves of the Round Table gone, the thrown was occupied by the corrupt King Arathir II. Now the entire Kingdom is in shambles. Ironblade needs something, or someone, to restore hope.

The Kai Ming Dynasty
The Dynasty has been ruling the Eastern Lands for centuries. Their culture is rich and their cities are vibrant, filled with mystics and gurus and magical trinkets of all kind! Unfortunately, with the undead rising from their graves, most of the shop owners have been evacuated, or eaten.

The Sultan State of Khatar
These desert dwellers haven't had much trouble with the undead, since they cremate most of their deceased brothers and sisters. But, that does not mean that Khatar is not void of issues. A failing economy and the threat of starvation is driving a lot of people to leave, and some hear whispers of rebellion being planned.

The Nomads of The North
The Nomads do not stay in one place for too long, and they only set up villages for a few months at a time to not disturb the environment. They have great courage, venturing farther North than most would. But, even the toughest Walrus or smartest Fox cannot defeat these undead hordes alone.

Sooo, yeah thats all i got.

What system will you be using?
I don't even know, I've never ran a table top game before. Any suggestions? I'd prefer to stay away from something that's too close to D&D but I want to make it fun still.

Yes, obvi. I mean I could just do the standard thing like Strength, Agility, Wisdom and Charisma. Should I just do that? Also I'm thinking of including some bonus for each species of animals. So if you're a Rabbit you get +1 Agility and if you're a Wolf you get +1 Strength. Sound good?

I am interested, but did I understand that there are only beast races, aka no things like Orcs or goblins?

Yeah, although I might introduce those later... idk yet. But the playable characters I kind of want to be a beast

Yeah, although I might introduce those later... idk yet. But the playable characters I kind of want to be a beast
Hmm. I suppose I could try that out. Not yet, though. I still need to get my computer properly fixed before I can start rping. It's really hard to write quality replies on a phone since you can only see so little of your text at the same time, which gives the illusion that you wrote a lot, even if you did not.

Reactions: WiZ
Hey just curious since I'm a Fox (known for being clever and shifty) that was raised on the streets, can I fudge my dice rolls?

Back