Adenovirus 423 Adenovirus 423

Yeah. . .
But I'd be more interested in finding and using the 'key', rather than just protecting it.

Regardless of how any of this hashes out, which isn't ultimately up to me, I think submissions for the West should be closed.

~M

@Demo - I don't say this too be rude, but I feel there are too many main characters in west at the moment. GM wanted to keep it to 4 players n each gang, and West already has the most amount of people. Maybe you can work out with @Melodias a way for your character to be an ally of the gang? Being a rogue doesn't mean you have to go along the rogue archetype of a character, just that you don't have an allegiance to a gang. Would your character fundamentally have a desire to be in a gang? Or are you just a bit worried that it'll be harder to find a place in the roleplay?

Whichever side you are in, you can end up inow that gang or out in No Man's Land. Same as if you are rogue, you can start Rogue, you can later join a side.

My character Addie will be starting in No Man's Land and could possibly be staying there. I also have other characters in numerous other gangs that can interact so no one should be left out, just to ease people's minds.

:)

No.
It's fine.

I no-longer want any participation in this role-play.

I didn't want to keep it to four, also to make that clear. I just started out with that many to fill in as I didn't know how many people would join. As this is an Epic RP there will be people hopefully joining and leaving all the time. And it should have multiple back stories with the key been a long term goal for the players.

Just to make this clear for all newcomers as well, it doesn't matter which side you want to join, they are all open because what I hope is that people join sides, leave sides, maybe even betray sides etc etc. It doesn't matter who starts where and they should pick the sides where they think their character will be best suited. :)

One post down. Don't expect anyone to be able to find Ulric at the moment. He will be on one road or another. I am going to move to the HQ next, but, I just realized that I'd love to know what the time of the year is. @Cream

~M

Just to make this clear for all newcomers as well, it doesn't matter which side you want to join, they are all open because what I hope is that people join sides, leave sides, maybe even betray sides etc etc. It doesn't matter who starts where and they should pick the sides where they think their character will be best suited. :)

Getting so hyped for this rp :D

Right just to let you guys know, the time of year is late Jan/early feb. Cold and wet weather:)

@Nyx and @Señor Bubble, Rorshach's Journal might not be around straight away, so if you want to go ahead and post, either in the South and start off there or you could even be out into No Man's Land if you want to interact with characters there. It's up to you, but you can go ahead and post introductory posts for characters wherever you want them to be now.

If you have any questions then let me know :)

While it should be obvious, I started a thread in the OOC for WEST only. Everyone is welcome to post there as long as they are somehow related to dealings in the West. :)

Link

~M

commission__miqo_te_portrait_by_raikoart-d9zd147.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Valerie Yvette Von-Katrise.
Gang: Obsidian Knights | The East.

Appearance:
(Refer to the picture - minus the ears, of course) Through all the years of trauma and regret that Valerie has lived through, it almost looks like it's aged her 10 years. She definitely looks older and more mature than 17; and although she could easily be described as beautiful, she often has tired eyes and prominent wrinkles when she frowns. Her skin is fair and yet not devoid of scars, since small ones seem to adorn various places about her entire body. Perhaps she takes unnecessary effort to care for herself, as seen in her softly waving black hair (which shines almost blue in the sun) and clean skin, virtually free of dirt. Similarly, when exposed to direct light her cerulean irises can take on something of a soft violet tone. Overall she stands at an average height of 5'5" and appears rather lithe and frail, weighing 117 pounds with little to no muscle. A common choice of outfit for the girl is her long, navy blue coat with the popped up collar and gold trimming. Underneath she will wear a dark gray long-sleeve shirt (not the bra) and black leather pants to boot. Speaking of boots, yeah, she also wears knee-high brown boots that have a bit of a platform and make her appear somewhat taller; with buckles on the sides and a zipper up the back. A few notable accessories would be the oddly-shaped trinket around her neck, and the royal blue bandanna that she will sometimes wear, in which she would tie around her mouth, neck, or forehead.

Weapons:
Guns. Guns of almost any kind, save for the immensely heavy ones (see: grenade launcher, machine gun). Her preferred choice of weapon is a sniper rifle, since she likes to stay back and fight from a distance - this makes close range something of a weakness for her. As always it is strapped to her back, with a deep pouch of ammo at her thigh. When she does have to engage in close combat, though; there is a sickle hanging at her right side for this. Although it's just a simple farming tool, she finds that the curved blade can cut into flesh quite easily. And don't forget that tetanus.

Personality:
The best word that could be used to describe Valerie would be 'mellow'. She's a chill kind of girl, and doesn't go out of her way to start fights or petty arguments with others. Nor does she go out of her way to resolve them, though. For the most part she likes to lay low and support her allies from the back, aiming with her sniper and disabling their enemies. It's rare for her to show anger, or sadness, or fear. However she does usually act fairly nice and all-around pleasant towards others. She smiles more often than frowns, and is always willing to lend a listening ear to anyone in need. She offers advice and words of encouragement, coming across as something of a motherly type despite her young age. On the other hand, she is also serious and treats her work as if it's her life. If the subject were to change to something she's touchy about (i.e. her past), she would simply wave it off with a smile and a change of the subject. She's a very good actress, and can usually get away with telling a lie unblinkingly. Despite her good intentions, she has no qualms about killing others for missions or to survive. She would give her life to protect The Key and, similarly, serve the Obsidian Knights. Has an unspoken respect and loyalty for Asha; but she is still unsure about trusting most others. One thing that she hides from other people is the pain she feels from losing her child, her lover, and her little sister. Oftentimes she even hides it from herself. While being generally brave, she is secretly afraid of pitch black darkness, thunder/lightning, and getting shot.

Biography:

Born into a long line of nobility and inheriting the esteemed family name of Von-Katrise, one would think that Valerie - the first daughter of Lyria and Theodore Von-Katrise - would have grown into a spoiled and lavish life of wealth and luxury. But how wrong they would be in thinking that. During the events of the third World War her family tree started losing a lot of leaves; and it didn't help that people were dying faster than they could breed. Like many others, her parents were very young when she was born - both being around 15 years of age, but, what other choice was there? Two years later mom popped out a little sister for her as well. Liliana. Even now Valerie doesn't remember much from her younger years, but what she does remember is moving - lots of moving. They relocated between as many safe locations as they could, leaving the area whenever her parents had suspicions of things getting risky. It was tough bringing up two kids in a world that was falling apart, but for 8 years, they managed. Sometime during that period Adenovirus 423 started cropping up, and adults were dropping like flies. Neither of the girls understood this, but their parents didn't have much time left. The first one to go was their dear mother: Lyria died earlier than most people; for it wasn't long after her 23rd birthday that the young woman succumbed to the sickness and drew her last breath with the man she loved at her side. Their father was quick to follow, and not because of ADV 423 - only a few weeks later did Theodore finally give in to the insanity that was becoming increasingly difficult to ignore. He tucked his daughters in, kissed them goodnight - and then blew his brains out with the family rifle out back.
Traumatizing as it was, Valerie knew she had her younger sister Lili to look after, as the girl was only 6. And in these times, you learned to look after yourself from a young age, or you died. They stayed in that house for as long as they could, but the food didn't last forever. For about two years after the death of their parents, Valerie and Lili journeyed from town to town and survived solely on handouts - or stealing, if they could. Even though Valerie had little idea of how to use the rifle; she didn't hesitate to point it at someone if they so much as dared to threaten her or her sister... Unfortunately, the Earth is a cruel place, and Liliana was shown no mercy from Mother Nature. The child fell ill, no longer able to put up with the harsh winters and heavy pollution tainting the air around them. Her sickness grew so terrible that she could no longer speak, or eat, or even stand. Valerie tried to keep her alive for as long as she possibly could, but their resources were low and the more time she spent around her, the more it was starting to affect her, too. In the end, she was forced to put Liliana out of her dreadfully slow and painful misery with a bullet through the heart. And then she was on her own.
Timeskip three years, to where Valerie's now 13 years old. At this point, she'd long lost the family rifle, and instead replaced it with a little pistol. And this time, she knew how to use it. Being all alone, the girl had to learn to get by on luck, skill, and a bit of careful persuasion here and there. As undesirable as it may be; she became a thief and a scavenger. It was the most humane she could possibly be - since the only other option was outright murder. For the most part she would lay low, scouting out other people and stealing things from their camps or tearing through old warehouses for anything she could find. But finally, after three long years of solitude, she met the boy she fell in love with - Enrique. He was two years older, and just like her he was learning how to get by on his own ever since he'd lost his family. The two of them became a team and together they fought and trained - eventually it lead to love and, then, a baby (when she was 16). Much like everything else Valerie had come to know, though; the family was short-lived. Not only did the child turn out as a miscarriage, but her partner himself disappeared a day later when he had gone to search for wood to build a fire. Three days later and she found his decomposing corpse in the forest - it was clear that someone had stabbed him many times and stolen everything he'd carried on him.
After this point, Valerie decided that enough was enough. Hearing about the legend of The Key and the groups that sought after it, she made it her new goal to join up with the Obsidian Knights and use her combat experience to protect this 'cure' from those who would try and destroy it. Luckily she was already in their territory, so it was relatively easy to cross over and join the cause. It's been a year, and Val has kept the memories of those she's lost stashed in a corner of her mind. Oftentimes, she finds herself even doubting the existence of The Key; but nonetheless she feels it is her duty to find this cure and help those in The West save the world. Even if all of her loved ones are far past gone, she feels she owes it to them to secure a brighter future for all of humanity.

Other:
Due to her history as a thief, Valerie is skilled in things relating to stealth. She can picks locks, pick pockets, and generally get around without making too much noise or attracting attention. She is also very flexible and can run fairly fast. However, she's rather lacking in physical strength - hand-to-hand melee and close range combat with a strong opponent would likely turn out bad for her. As well as all that she isn't very intelligent. The most she can do is read; but she has no clue how to do math or how photosynthesis even works. Not too good at cooking, crafting, or anything like that; but she has a nice singing voice and is a bit of a neat-freak when it comes to cleaning.

Last edited:
Perfect, perfect, Aman, looking forward to having you.

On a side note, for the profiles I haven't amended or added to the main profile page yet, I will get around to doing this. I'm on my iPad which makes it hard to navigate, especially as it's an old iPad and I believe it to be on its last legs shortly. And as I'm on holiday I don't have my desktop. I'm hoping to borrow my brother's laptop shortly to do all those bits but I might not be able to. If not I will do this when I get home from my Christmas break.

:)

I'm going to start getting posts up for my characters. I haven't got profiles for them all yet, but I will get around to those as well.

View attachment 88 Name: Abel Shchedrov

Gang: none, rogue

Appearance:
Abel is rather short and has very pale skin. His hair is such a light color that it looks white, and he wears it long and straight, it's texture really silky. His eyes are an amazing blue color, intense as the sky in its clearest days. He's got a few scars here and there, but otherwise his skin is just fine.

Abel likes to wear femenine clothes, and his usual garments tend to include a rather short skirt, but still long enough to wear two gun holsters, one on each leg.
With tight pants underneath. He wears a black jacket and a sweater or t-shirt under it, and if he finds a hat or a beanie, he wears it in the colder days.

He also likes to collect hairbands or rubber bands he can use to style his long hair and collect it in different ways, ponytails and braids... if he has free time he comes up with more complex designs to style it differenty.

Weapons: two guns he keeps under his skirt, which he has amazing precission with. And a couple of daggers/knives, in case he needs to fight someone from a closer range.

Personality:
Abel is cheerful and sometimes cheeky, he is used to travel around no mans land and into the gangs territories and never gets much sleep. As long as you are friendly, he is too. Also, extremelly flirty with friendly men. Always appreciates and will consider a good lay.

When it comes to trading. Abel results extremelly pragmatic, hes intelligent and manipulative, knowing how to use his tongue really well. He can talk his way in and out of trouble.

The teen guards his cart, which he uses to carry his merchandise, from food and pelts to trade, to big water bottles he sells, glass by glass.

The boy can also act quite in quite... particular ways, often using nicknames to adress others, playing around.. but even though he can be as charming as the most, if you threaten him or his business, he can also be incredibly dangerous due to how easily he squirmishes, how quick he is and his good reflexes. You don't want to get on his bad side.

Tends to avoid trouble with any gangs, though he does trade and negotiate with all of them. Only with products.

Biography: Abels parents were merchants before he became one as well. When they died, he buried them.

The boy felt pity but nothing extreme as he had never felt too strongly for them, they had a complicated relationship... but they did leave Abel the old shopping cart he uses to carry his items around, in and out of territories.

He grew up with his parents, learned how to negotiate and how to take care of the... family business. Has been attacked a couple of times, lost his stuff, learned from his errors and and how to defend himself. If you ask him there isn't much else to tell. His days are short with all the work and basic crafts he can manage. Like his own shoes.

Other: He offers to carry messages and merchandise from gang to gang as long as they send some scouts to help him out.

Can also be a fine entertainer and in ocassions, babysitter... if you can pay the price
Picture:
View attachment 79

Please dont move this to the actual character profile thread till picture is added​

Last edited:
Back