Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Knight

Bear With Me
The Convergence Series GM
If there was one thing Junko Enoshima could appreciate in this crazy life of hers, it was the times she found herself in worlds that totally weren't batshit crazy and crawling with demons, zombies, or some other foul creature destined to ruin her nails.

The latest was almost idyllic; it was a small American town that smelled of pine and, strangely, fish. Junko explored with interest, expecting just about anything to pop out of nowhere and ruin the experience. She was always drawing trouble and dire situations no matter where she went. It was such a common occurrence that Junko almost found it scarier when she managed a moment of quiet.

Well, almost. Just almost.

She didn't want to actually talk to anyone for fear of that starting some kind of unfortunate chain reaction. Besides, Junko wasn't even sure what she would say. She was so unbelievably abnormal that actually talking to people seemed an impossibility. She knew that was no way to get new fans for her multiversal fan club, but really, how many people in this sleepy town cared about beautiful Japanese pop stars?

The girl eventually found herself being drawn to a large building a bit of the way of the main town. Considering the sports field and the age of the majority wandering around the building, Junko imagined it had to be a school. A campus, maybe. Thoughts of Hope's Peak Academy filled her head and Junko imagined for a moment what it would feel like to be walking those halls once again. If only everything hadn't gone wrong, then perhaps the last year would have been very, very--

"O-Ow!" Junko exclaimed, reeling backward after walking right into some boy. Her momentary hurt turned to anger as she shot the boy a frustrated look. "W-Watch where you're going, dude! Jeez!"

K0yIkcT.png

She was, of course, annoyed more with herself for getting lost in her thoughts and probably fucking everything up, but Junko wasn't one to take the blame for something as seemingly inconsequential as running into someone. "Just-- get out of my way, okay?"

@Space_Candy

Nathan frowned at the girl's tone, glaring at her.

"Me, in your way? Are you fucking kidding?" He hissed. She was obviously not from around here he assumed by her uniform.

"You were the one not paying attention, do you know who the fuck I am?" His glare remained as he waited for her response

tumblr_ny2u2kcicF1s26amio5_400.jpg

Junko recoiled instinctively and took a cautious, albeit staggered, step away from the boy. His tone of voice was far more intense than what she had expected, and she had been already expecting this guy to be annoyed with her. She found herself unable to speak for a moment as her eyes looked him up and down, realizing that something about him seemed familiar. Something about the way glared and spoke echoed back to a memory Junko had. It was of a time spent in a hellish facility she would have much rathered not think about.

"I'm sorry," she said, her voice much smaller now. She didn't want to say it, not by any means, but it was a sort of automatic thing one said when accosted so harshly. Or, perhaps, that was just who she was. It took her too long to recover, probably giving the boy the impression she was weak. It was what she would have thought in his position, and Junko hated it.

"Actually..." The girl shook her head, stepping forward and reclaiming her space where she stood. She didn't want to back down, not after this guy was totally making a mountain out of a molehill. "Yeah, I don't know who you are, and maybe I don't want to know, considering the way you're reacting to something so small!"

@Space_Candy

Nathan just stared at her, annoyed but mostly confused. He stayed quiet for a moment trying to process how he'd react, he rolled his eyes and stepped forward.

"Whatever, just get out of my way- I have class." He shoved his hands into his jacket's pockets and started to walk toward the school's entrance, shooting her one last glace before heading in.

"What--?" Junko said, staring at the boy's back as he walked away. He was just going to walk away after exploding on her like that? Forget her knowing him, did he know who she was? She was the Ultimate Fashionista, a cultural icon and pop star in the making! Boys didn't get to yell at her and walk away unscathed!

"Hey!" she yelled, hoping to stop him at the door. "Asshole! You should apologize for being so short with me, you know!"

@Space_Candy

Nathan turned, blinking at her blankly, clearly unamused. She was getting annoying now, she was a pretty girl- but fuck was she annoying him.

"Why should I apologise? You ran into me, chewed me out and now are demanding shit? You don't who the fuck I am, or what I can do. I own this town girlie." He sneered, narrowing his eyes at her.

"Now you go play with your hair or some shit and leave me alone."

She had closed the gap between them, moving up the front steps of the school with a dramatic flair. That was the kind of girl she was, after all; the Ultimate Fashionista demanded the Ultimate Attention. She scoffed at first, ready to retaliate with renewed ferocity, but something caused her to pause. Something in the way the boy looked at her elicited a strange thought at the back of Junko's mind, almost as if she was suddenly overcome with a primal fear of incoming danger.

She visibly shivered. Maybe this guy would think his words had successfully intimidated her, but in truth, they were just bringing back painful memories. She was sure now that she had met this boy before or at least some version of her. It was at a time in her life she would rather forget, a horrible time when awful creatures had their hands all over her, ruining her hair and making Junko feel dirtier than she ever had on the streets.

"N-No... No, no..."

Junko rocked in place. She could not help it. She looked at the boy with wide eyes, her hands shaking uncontrollably. Some of the other students were taking notice now, stopping to look at the scene. Junko croaked out a whisper that only she could hear before reaching out and grabbing the boy by the wrist. She looked at him with pleading eyes, for she had no idea what else to do or say. She felt as if she was breaking down and needed somewhere to collapse. She would bring this guy down with her if she had to.

"Help."

@Space_Candy

Nathan stared at her now in full confusion, she went from yelling at him to a state of intense fear quickly. He just wanted her to leave him alone, not traumatize her.
He stared at her unsure what to do, people were staring at him, like he hurt her. Those judging gazes went through him, making him panic now.

"W-What's your deal? Why are you rocking?" He asked, he was concerned but his tone was brash.

Last edited:
"Please--" Her voice cut off roughly and she closed her eyes. Truthfully, Junko didn't have the faintest idea what was happening, but all she knew was that she felt totally wrong. She'd felt like this before, but never to this degree, and it was leaving the rational part of her scared beyond belief.

"W-Water," she muttered. "Air. Anything." Considering it was this guy that had put her in this state, she wasn't sure if she wanted his help at all, but she had no one else right now. Most of the others around them seemed too put off by what was happening to intervene. All Junko could do was open her eyes and stare at the boy, looking like she was pleading once again.

@Space_Candy

Nathan continued to stare at her, confused at what to do. He pulled his water bottle out of his backpack and passed it down to her.

"Here, water. Can I go?" Nathan offered, the stares getting to him.

Under normal circumstances, Junko might have enjoyed the prying eyes, but in this moment she felt incredibly vulnerable. She felt everyone was looking directly into her, staring at her soul. She couldn't stop the shivering as she grabbed the water bottle from Nathan and began to greedily drink from it.

She hadn't finished the drink by the time the boy asked if he could go. Junko almost screamed at him to go ahead and leave, but she realized she didn't want to be alone right now. Even if this guy was the source of her discomfort, she didn't know how she would feel once he was gone.

"No," she said, grabbing his wrist again and trying to pull him away. It was clear she wanted to be away from the other students.

@Space_Candy

Clearly confused, but also somewhat compassionate towards her fear; he sighed but walked with her, leading her to behind the school- near the dorms.

"What's your deal, you don't know me at all, yell at me, and now are sobbing?" He exclaimed, he really didn't know what to do. His stomach twisted in confusion and panic, her anxiety egging his on.

Junko nodded rapidly but otherwise was silent as Nathan led her to relative safety. All he could hear from her was her quiet sobs until they reached their destination when she finally let go of him and hugged herself tightly.

"I don't remember your name," she said as an answer to his question. She waited a moment before saying more. "You don't understand... you wouldn't understand!"

@Space_Candy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back