New User An introduction, short and concise

midorino

Well, that's the plan, anyway...

Hi! My name is Mido, and I happen to have a tendency to unnecessarily elongate my sentences, you know, I mean ramble. Because of that, I'll try too keep this introduction as short as I can. I'm a newbie to this site and actually online forum roleplaying in general, but I've got a few years of roleplaying experience under my belt. My favorite genres are high fantasy, science fiction, cyberpunk and steampunk. I like to waste my time on excessive worldbuilding. My favorite author of all time is H.P. Lovecraft and I treat my copy of the Necronomicon like a bible (I mean, well, kind of?). Thanks for reading through my short introduction! I'm really excited to meet you all!

==End of the Short Introduction==

Oh, are you still reading? THAT MAKES ME REALLY HAPPY, SO I'LL GO AHEAD AND RAMBLE. So, as an introduction to me as a writer, I like to write long and detailed. I guess it's just my natural tendency to do that. I don't necessarily expect the same from my writing partners. Why? Because a lot of good writing can be done by saying just a little. So I won't give my partners a minimum word or paragraph count. If you're a fellow fan of the genres I listed above, then you could leave a PM or a comment here ^^ maybe we can get something great rolling!

Well, outside of writing, I've got a few other hobbies. I'm an artist, specifically a pixel artist, and an example of my work is the avatar I'm using on this site. I'm a programmer, no, not the game dev kind, unfortunately. I also really, really love physics. It's my one true love. I'm also a gamer, but I think I've got a weird taste in games. Some more recognizable titles I've enjoyed: Skyrim, The Witcher (1 & 2), Darkest Dungeon, the Binding of Isaac. Lesser known (I think?) games I've enjoyed: Lone Survivor, VVVVVV, ADOM, Gemini Rue, and Sunless Sea. I ALSO REALLY ENJOY PROGRAMMING GAMES, HELP ME. Zachtronics games take up way too much of my time.

So, well, yay! You got to the end of the long rambly part of my introduction. I would give you something as a reward, but I've got nothing. So, I'll just give you this fake, imaginary, internet cookie! *gives cookie* Thanks for reading through, and nice to meet you all~

Welcome to the neighborhood. We recommend and approve of rambling, be it the grandiloquent gift of gab or the aimless wandering variety.

Hi! Welcome to STC, we're thrilled you could join us. I, personally, like the more detailed introductions as it gives a little more to respond to. Lovecraft is pretty great! I currently run an RP that a few have compared to Lovecraft, so that's kind of fun.

We're happy to have you here at STC and if you have any questions regarding anything, feel free to reach out and I'll be happy to help! Anything from getting approved, finding an RP to join, starting your own RP and finding players who might be interested, to finding out where we keep the secret recipes. :>

Thanks for the cookie!

Back