Akashic Arcana An unsuspected encounter in the Gardens

Appletree

Resident Fruit Tree
Cora peeked through the gate that lead to official gardens of Arcadia. The area streached out before her looked like more like a botanical garden than anything else, with all manner of plants spilling from the flowerbeds around the paths and open areas. Setting off in a random direction, she looked around curiously. Quite a few students were sitting in the open areas or under trees, studying, chatting with friends, or simply relaxing. Deciding she was too worked up to just sit around, she picked up her pace, following paths that got smaller and smaller as she went until it was more of a trail she was following than an actual path. Still feeling the fizz of energy under her skin, she decided that she could run a little, there was noone here to see her unathletic little self attempting to be sporty.

Christian; finally having found a little spot to relax at without being constantly watched, sighed; the peace and serenity of the Gardens giving back the energy he had used in long days past. His hands; firmly digged into the ground, felt cold; but in a good way. Christian’s connection to Gios; the Earth-spirit, was stronger than ever due to his entanglement with his domain. He was daydreaming; wearing naught but a short, black sport shorts that was tightly fitted around his upper legs and a rather loosely hanging, grey tanktop that Made his chest pop up.

He didn’t hear how a student was running towards him; and as of such he wouldn’t be prepared if she were to run right into him...

Cora smiled, liking the rush of air on her face and the pounding of her feet on the ground. It was so good to be outside and free. Leaping over a fallen branch, she looked back the way she had come, making sure noone was watching her. When she didn't see anyone, she twirled around, gazing up at the pattern the branches and leaves made over her head.

Suddenly her foot caught something on the ground in mid turn and Cora toppled to the ground, to surprised for more than a quiet "Eeep!" to escape her. Knowing she was't quick enough to catch her fallm she closed her eyes in anticipation of the impact with the ground. When she did hit something, it was rather softer than she had expected and a lot warmer than the ground should be. Letting out a long slow breath she lay there for a moment, stunned. When she opened her eyes, all Cora could see was grey. She blinked in confusion. Had the fall done something to her eyesight? Had she fallen into some kind of spell? Only then did she feel the exhilatating rush of energy into her system. Pushing against the strangely soft and warm ground, she looked up to see just what she had feared. She wasn't lying on the ground, but on a person! She stared. It was a guy to be exact, who looked to be a little older than she was and was wearing a little less than she felt quite comfortable with. What was he doing here?

Christian was ripped out of his daydream when something, no... someone landed right on top of him. He slowly opened his bright blue eyes, only to look down and into the girl’s eyes. He felt how his warm, royal blood rushed up and colored his well-cut cheeks bright red at the sight of this girl, her hands on the sides of his chest and her face right inbetween his muscled pecs. Slowly blinking before coughing awkwardly; preparing to say something, Christian looked up at the girl and starter; “H-Hey...” His eyes were filled with curiositeit; having dropped the veil of strictness and discipline he now achter like the real, natural Christian would’ve in any such situation.

He then felt it, or no; heard it. The elemental spirits that protect- and help him were talking to him. Nerones in particular, seemed worried. The sounds and chants going through Christian’s head were comprised of ancient magical words that told Christian that he was in danger. The feeling of drowning; suffocating in water, now accompanied the chants.

The girl on top of him would feel how his muscled body suddenly tensed up, and would notice how his blue eyes changed from looking curious to ready and cautious.

He tried to push her off of him; but instead felt how that caused even more of his power, his mana, to be drained out of him; for that was what the elemental spirits had told him was happening.

Christian decided to try another technique; he chanted;

“Nerones...”

And immediately a stream of water came rushing out of a nearby watersource; enveloping both the girl and Christian; causing the both of them to get completely wet. Christian’s shirt got ripped off of him; leaving him barechested on the grass, whilst ripping the girl off of Christian and pulling her away, dropping her down only one meter away from him. Christian’s ripped shirt draped over her head; obstructing her view.

Christian blushed heavily; not having anticipated Nerones’s ferocity. He did feel weakened; and as of such, his chest was going up and down rather quickly; panting heavily. His chest was covered with black stubble, and a trail of dark black hair that went down over his stomach; disappearing into his shorts. He covered his chest with his muscled, partly flexed arms. He looked at the girl; curious what the hell had just happened...

Still staring into the brilliant blue eyes, Cora noticed the slight tinge of colour on his cheeks and felt her own blood rush to her face so that her colouring probably matched his. Before Cora could do any more than register what the boy had said, she felt him tense beneath her. His eyes, simply curious before, suddly flashed to something harsher and he shifted, lifting his hands to her upper arms. The renewed contact increased the flow of mana making her gasp, even as she tried desperately to stop it, to gain some manner of control.

That gasping breath turned out to be her last for a few seconds as the boy said something she didn't quite catch and Cora was suddenly hit by a hard force, lifting her right off the boy and slamming her back to the ground a short distance away. Coughing, she pushed herself back up into a sitting position, noticing as she did so, that she was dripping wet and sitting in a quite considerable puddle. Pulling a sodden fabric off her head, she realised it was the remnants of the shirt she had just been lying on. Her own shirt was gone too, leaving her in only a form fitting tank top and jeans. Everything was soaked and the white material of her top was now rather revealing, the pale blue bra she was wearing underneath clearly visble, though Cora didn't notice this fact.

Flinging the ruined grey shirt to the ground, she sprang to her feet. "What the hell was that for?" She yelled down at the still blushing boy, her anger letting her ignore the fact that he was sitting half naked and just as wet as she was before her. Flicking her long sodden hair over her shoulder irritably, she continued, "You could have just said 'get off', not that I wasn't going to, but no! You have to create a tidal wave to knock me off. What were you thinking? Are you that avers to human contact or is it just me, huh? I can tell you, it dosen't make a good first impression. I hope you have an explanation for this and a way of getting me dry again."

As the initial shock and rage cooled a little, Cora started shivering and suddenly realised what she was staring at. "and could you please put something on." She added in a small voice, staring fixedly over his left shoulder.

Christian’s expression hardened; letting his arms drop to the ground, revealing the rest of his body, he now glared at her before saying; “You were draining my mana!” He then pouted slightly; his gaze locked onto the girl as he continued; “I felt how it left my reserves, i felt how you sucked it up!”

He then scoffed at the request of him finding a way to dry her up and simply said;

“Atmos...”

And immediately a cold gale was forced into the girl’s face; hard enough to brush away all of the water, but at the same time wrak enough to leave her standing. “They’re you go.”

“About the explanation; you attacked me, and as the Disciplinary Division Commander, that allows me to use offensive magic to stop the violence.” He blushed slightly; once again burrying his right hand into the ground whilst trying to fix his hair with the left.

It was then that he noticed how... how her tanktop had become seethrough and realized that he too wasn’t wearing any shirt anymore. “I don’t have anything else to wear. The pull of the current is - at times - strong enough to pull of clothing-“ he then paused for a second; looking at the girl with a slight grin before continuing; “-or limbs...”

Last edited:
"I wasn't-" She was cut short by a gust of wind at the boys command, which blew over form, leaving her dry, but shivering even more than before. As he continued with his explanation, she glowered at him, waiting for him to finish.

Ignoring his grin and the slight threat under his last words, she took a deep calming breath, trying to stop her teeth chattering.
"I did not attack you!" She pressed out through gritted teeth. "If you really are the Disciplinary Comander of Whatever, which I seriously doubt, given the fact that all important people," she stresssed the word 'important', "were supposed to be informed of my, uh, condition, you really should be able to tell the difference between an attack with malicious intent and a sideeffect of something someone can't change. Noone wishes more than I do that I didn't have this curse of an ability, but we all just have to live with who and what we are."

She stomped over to where the water had carried her shirt and picked it up. While wet and muddy, it was still intact. She shook it out and tossed it in his direction, still looking anywhere but at the large expanse of well muscled chest he was displaying ot the world. The shirt, having originally belonged to her brother, should fit him well enough she thought.

Flicking her wrists to activate them, she checked the function of the devices carefully, noticing the new sphere of light circling her hands as she did so. Directing a different light between her hands, she pressed her palms together, releasing the stored magic in a stream of warmth that radiated through her body, chasing away some of the chills from the boys water and wind magic. "You really don't have to get so grouchy you know, I hardly took any mana anyway." It was a bit of an understatement, but it wouldn't help telling him how much she had actually taken, he'd only get more angry. SHe sighed as the last of the stored fire magic ran out, leaving her slightly warmer than before, but still cold.

Christian put on the shirt before saying; “Humblest of apologie, really. I... I was daydreaming...”

He then winterser how she pulled fire magic into her, warming her up rather effectively. Intrigued by this process, Christian said; “You’re using fire magic to warm yourself up. That’s... pretty well-thought off.” He chuckled slightly, telling her; “I personally don’t quite like a fire’s heat; it... it... it has the tendency to burn me.” The later being a referention to the event that caused him to burn his body severily; the ‘Trials of Fire’...

"Thats what fire is supposed to do." Cora wondered slightly if this guy was a bit slow or something. "And well, I guess I'm used to using whats given to me." She shrugged slightly, wrapping her arms around herself to keep the little warmth she had gained close. The irony of her power being the cause of this whole situation and also being her way of warming up was not lost on her, though this guy could hardly know that.
"So do you often just lie around in the back of the gardens and dump water on unsuspecting girls? Its not the best way of making friends ya know."

“Actually... never, really.” Christian said and chuckled. “I... I think we should both get checked up at a infirmary or something. My mana was drained and yours... well you’re shivering.” He then began to walk; almost suspecting the girl to follow him. Suddenly, he stopped, turned towards her and said; “I... I don’t have a lot of friends. It... It isn’t all too safe to be friends with me.” He then nodded, turned and continued to walk; really hoping the girl followed...

""Its not exactly safe to be around me either." Cora muttered, before hurrying after the guy and plucking at his sleeve, carefull not to actaully touch him again.

"Look, uh, what ever your name is. We really don't need to go to the infirmary." She was meant to not cause a scene the moment she got to school. Sending someone to the informary in her first week was deffinately not the part of the plan. "Your mana will regenerate soon enough and I just need some clothes. Please?" She looked up at him beseechingly, trying not to look like a drowned poodle but still letting a little bit of puppy dog into her eyes.

Christian's cheeks lit up; the student's touch dazzling him. He turned his head around to face her, and gave her a cute little smile before saying; "I-If... If you say so." He then realized that she was looking at him with big eyes, and that, combined with how very wet she was, caused him to fluster just a little as he said; "Of course, where'd you like to go for clothing? Your place?" He then blushed; realizing how his phrasing suggested he wanted to come along. So he tried to rectify it; "I-I mean... anywhere? I... I really need a dry pair of pants as well..."

Cora looked away, hiding a smirt at his sudden colouring, only to feel her own cheeks heat up like a flourecent tomato when she realised how suggestive he sounded. She hoped she interpreted his stuttering correctly to assume he hadn't meant it that way. Flicking her still wet and severely tangled hair over her shoulder to stop it dripping down her only just dry front, she hid her slight embarasment by saying,
"I might have shirts your size, but certainly no pants." She glanced at him from under her lashes, biting her lip to stop a grin. "I haven't fuly unpacked yet, so if you have a hair brush and a dryer somewhere that would be a great start." Stepping away from him slightly to avoid any further accidental contact that might send another water wave her way, she gestured for him to lead the way.

Remembering how he uses a dryer and hair brush to perfectly style his hair, every, single, day, Christian chuckled and said; "I got a dryer, yeah. But... it's at my own place."

He then chuckled slightly, turning towards her as he spoke; "You know, i'd love a dry shirt then. I'm quite sure this sportshort will dry soon enough."

"Don't you live in the dorms?"

Cora moved past him, heading back the way she had come. She hoped it was the quickest way out of the garden, but wasn't really sure. She thought guiltily of the boxes and suitcases that littered her room, she really should have unpacked earlier. She shrugged slightly. At least she knew where to find a shirt for the guy, if nothing else.

“I don’t.” Christian replied; shaking the girl’s shirt out; its wet fabric sticking against his tight, fair skin. Drups of water flew all around and against the girl as well; causing Christian to blush slightly. “I’m sorry.” He remarked; immediately stopping the shaking-out of the shirt.

“I live at the Disciplinary Division’s barracks. So, that’s where we need to go if you really want that dryer and brush.” He chuckled quietly; now walking with the girl...

Cora flinched as droplets of water hit her again. Wiping one from her cheek, she scowled slightly, but let it slide when he immediately appologised. At least he had good manners this one.

"This school has barracks? Like in an army?" So he hadn't been lying about being Disciplined Divisory Commander or whatever it was called.

As they walked, Cora checked her arm bands again, curious about the magic she had inadvertantly stolen from the boy next to her. Flicking them on, she studied the lights circling her hands carefully. The new addition was easy to find. She frowned at the large sphere of light that swirled with colours. She had never taken magic like this before. How was she supposed to use magic she had no idea about? It looked powerful, so it would be a waste to use it only for experiments, especially as the donor would probably never let her near enough to get more. She thought about the magic he had used agains her, water and wind magic, but she was pretty sure there was more to it than that. She sideways at him, wondering if she could just outright ask him.

“Ofcourse the Academy has a barracks; we’re independent and need to protect ourselves.” Christian replied; chuckling cutely. “So, where are we going? What’s the plan?” He then asked. The change in his schedule; walking with a student, getting to know how current students live their lives, was rather interesting to him...

"Well yeah I knew that, but barracks sounds so... military. This is still primarily a school for me, so the whole protection part is a bit wierd I guess." Cora ran a hand through her hair, hissing through her teeth when her fingers snagged in mulitple knots and tangles. By now they had reached the gate of the gardens. Cora looked around, trying to remember where she had come from before, guessing left but not really sure, so she stopped.

"Whereever is closer. I could kill for a hairbrush right now, the rest can wait." She wasn't sure she wanted to see the barracks, it would really send the message home that this wasn't just a peacefull school, but she would admit to a certain curiosity nonetheless.

“I think your place is closer. Mine... Well, i can’t exactly take everyone i meet with me. I’m sorry.” Christian said; bowing his head slightly whilst a smal blush adorned his cheeks. He looked up and down the student; chuckling quietly. “We need to get going; you’ll catch a cold!”

Back