Akashic Arcana An unsuspected encounter in the Gardens

"Oh sure thing. I guess that comes with the job." Cora shrugged, then looked around again. Nothing looked familiar.

"Uh, well I live in the dorms, but I have absolutely no clue how to get there anymore." She admitted in a small voice, blushing in embarasment

“The dorms? They’re close. Just follow the signs!” Christian said; happily pointing at the signpost in front of them.

He chuckled; the shirt the girl gave him drying up quite nicely...

"oh." Cora felt herself flushing even redder, making her feel like a human sun. She honestly hadn't noticed the signs so far and felt a little stupid now.

Trying to hide this, she glanced quickly at the signs and marched off in the direction of the dorms, not caring if the guy followed her or not. She had had enough of him making her feel like a child.

Christian quickly followed; trying to catch up with her, he spor; “Wait! Wait!”

As he got closer to her, he was blushing and panting. He gathered Some oxygen before saying; “D-Did... did i anger you?” He looked down, Mitterand; “I’m sorry, i didn’t mean to belittle you or anything...”

Cora whirled around at the guys call, "Wha-?" She started to snap, only to be suddenly faced with a large expanse of chest. The guy had come closer than she thought. Leaping backwards, still wary of oncoming tidal waves, she waved him off.

"Its fine, ok? I just really want to change and brush my hair." She had spotted the dorm building just before the guy had stopped her and wanted nothing more than to curl up somewhere with a nice cup of tea.

Christian burned up, saying; "If you'd like to be alone, i can leave. Obviously, i'll have your shirt returned to you." He then coughed, stepping back himself, noticing a nearby bench and as of such sitting down on it.

'Argh... now i've got someone who'll forever identify me as the one who sent tidal waves into her face...' Christian thought as he gazed back towards the garden...

He looked so dejected as he sat on the bench, Cora felt a little bad. Sitting down next to him, she said shyly. "It's okay I guess." She cast around for something to distract him from his sudden sad mood.

"Hey, I still don't know your name. "

"M-My name is Christian of Ora-" He suddenly stopped, blushing. "Christian, yeah.'

He then gave her a lopsided smile; stull blushing as he asked her; "So... what's yours? And where are you from?"

Cora noiced his stumble on the last name, but didn't comment on it. There couldn't be to many Christians of something out there, she could ask someone else.

"I'm Cora." She decided to follow his example and leave out her last name. "I come from England, what about you?" Anyone who had heard someone from England before could tell that she didn't speak english as a mother tongue, there was a certain lilt to her voice that screamed foreigner, but what she told him was true all the same.

“The Netherlands, accross the Canal.” Christian answered; scratching the back of his head nervously. He had noticed the slight accent and his mind was trying to determine where she was from originaliteit, and as of such, when he couldn’t figure it out on his own, he asked; “Am i right when i say i can hear a slight accent to your English?-“ He blushed slightly, chuckling as he said; “I can’t quite place it, thou...”

"Oh cool. I think my dad does quite a bit of trade in the Netherlands." The Hadley family had started their shipping buisness long before the war and carried it through almost 2 centuries to become one of the largest and definately the oldest trading company in Britannia.

"Yes you're right. 9 years still aren't enough to get my accent out, no matter how my parents tried. I'm originally from Brasil."

“Brasil! That is amazing! I’d love to-“

Christian couldn’t finish his phrase; as suddenly his personal device activated; showing a notification that meant that Christian has to report to his office.

“I’m so sorry, Cora. I got to go now.” Christian stood up; bowing his head slightly in a apology before walking off into the distance; the direction being the Council Halls...

Cora was slightly confused when Christian jumped up to leave, but she had heard his personal device go off, so maybe something important had come up.

Shrugging slightly she waved after him, then headed off to her dorm and the long awaited tea.

Back