Akashic Arcana Arcadia Main-building

Mira grinned at Wu at the sudden compliment, but soon sighed and shook her head at the bad, failed joke. "That's... Okay, Cena, if you say so..." she chuckled and turned her attention to the battle that was unfolding in front of them. She saw as the young girl was flown back after what was seemingly a successful strike, and in the meantime, on another screen, she could see as a guy with a mohawk was way too high up in the skies for it to be a sane move. Mira liked crazy people, though, attempting the impossible, even if everyone was sure he was going to jump to his own death. "I agree with Amatsu. The rest of the group seems to be either crying or just trying to hide out from the two enemies. Shame, really."
She took out her phone from her hoodie (one of the only items she didn't forge together with others) and pulled the two silver sides apart to reveal the screen. She clicked on a few pages, mainly switching between different social media feeds, to see what the rest of the school and the world had to say about the fights. "Huh, I'd say the young royal girl is doing great. She started out with 1 to a 140 chance of winning against Vikki, and now she is at 1 to 78" she informed the others as she scrolled through pages after pages. "Oooh, they are giving the flying girl the most chances, though. She already has some serious following around the world." She whistled, amused. People were posting encouraging short messages everywhere for Viola, wanting her to "seer through the skies" and telling her that "the sky is the only limit." It was a tad bit heartwarming, but to Amira, it was also slightly creepy at the same time.

Amatsu watched the final burst from Mago with intense concentration. Particularly wondering how the President intended to deal with the fact his actions would cause a great deal of collateral damage. His smirk widened when he saw the immense spell that Viktoriya was preparing, and chuckled to himself. "This fight is over." He gave no other comments, merely shifting his focus over to the Lunaris fight. "Now, Orange Prince, give us a good show." He barely heard what the others said, though rolled his eyes at the statistics that Mira listed off. As if a mage's worth can be attributed to mere numbers.

Wu had paid close attention to the monitor showing the close up of Masego's face. He wanted to know what kind of darkness resided in a soul that would lead them to this incredibly dangerous action. That's when he saw it, the change in the young boy's eyes. "The boy doesn't want this. I don't know what will possessed him, but it certainly wasn't his own." He spoke aloud. His face was grim, almost remorseful as he gazed at the spectacle that appeared on the screens before the transmission went out.

The shocked gasps around him quickly erupted into applause when the feed was restored and it looked like everyone survived the attack. "That young man has a darkness in him. Fighting to turn him into a monster." He noted as a camera zoomed in on Masego's tear-stained face. "I hope he passes. This academy would be perfect for helping him control it." With that he turned to watch Team Lunaris, his heart having been shook by the plight of Masego Zulu.

Amatsu responded little to Wu's comments on Masego, though his curiosity was piqued, to say the least. The boy had demonstrated great power, though it appeared to come with great cost. Though he did state "Team Solaris does seem to bring some promising new talent. Though I question the logic behind allowing such a small child to enter. So sweet and innocent.. she'll be broken easily enough by the brutality of the Mage world." Amatsu had a mind to do so himself, to spare her a long-drawn out torment that some other older students might subject her to. Rivalries can become rather unpleasant, after all. Although, he suspected the Council President would take great issue with that.

Some of the other first-year teams had finished their combat exam as well, though many had few or no passing numbers. Others were still in progress, like Team Lunaris, and another one that had explosively caught his attention; Team Crown. The immense blazing wrath that had been summoned forth.. was from a first-year? Amatsu couldn't help but laugh. "So many interesting new students this year." So far, the Lunaris fight wasn't quite as showy as the others, but it was no less intense. There seemed to be more focus on tactical and precision strikes, rather than full-out duels like Solaris. More mind games than brawls. Amatsu quite enjoyed this.

Reactions: Rue
As the medical team rushed to the aid of team Solaris, and team Lunaris was in the middle of their exam, a new team had popped into the feed. Team Crown, and already their match was showing forces as powerful as the display that Masego had exhibited earlier. He stood to get a better look at the giant fireball that was descending on the battlefield. "It's certainly an impressive display, but just like the boy from Solaris, it lacks discipline. See his cry of rage? It's pure, unfiltered emotion behind that attack, no strategy. If he were facing me and my immunity to fire, the blast would do nothing, leaving him completely drained while I'm still at full strength. It wouldn't even be close."

He let out a sigh as he turned back to team Lunaris. "Christian has the right idea. Test their ability to strategize under pressure, see if they're disciplined enough to survive the stress they're under. If only all the combat exams were so practical." He mused, taking a mild jab at Amatsu's own display of force, but a generalized one as teams Solaris and Crown were subjected to the same trial. He wondered how different things would be if the students were allowed to use their brains more.

Mira found herself agreeing with Amatsu yet again. What a weird day. "Yeah, most of these newcomers seem like they can give us quite a bit of trouble if we would ever go up against them" she chuckled. "But so far they seem to be better at destroying themselves than their enemies. I hope they'll be okay, though, some of them just seems to be on a suicide mission" she sighed as she turned back to her phone. There was a sudden interest rising in Team Crown's fight and most of the people who were still interested in Team Lunaris seemed to be either 'mysterious' types of people who loved the night and Sherlock Holmes story (because yes, Sherlock Holmes still got new re-runs every other year by some indie directors), and Christian fangirls and fanboys. "I wonder if any of them will leave afterwards, too. Pressure being too much already and all that."
She flicked through a few more pages before getting bored and closing the phone together. She looked at the screen for Team Crown. "Also, am I the only one wondering why we have so many... young kids this year? Makes me feel old!"

"Yes, it's unbridled power. So delightful." Amatsu was rather pleased that there was another first-year other than Masego that seemed to already possess a large amount of magical prowess. "With practice comes control. And that's the purpose of the Academy, is it not? To place shackles upon our magical potential..." Was there a hint of disdain in his tone? It certainly became clearer when his attitude became more terse. "Strategy, tactics, power... not everyone operates in the same manner." His red eyes drifted toward Wu. "Or are you so foolish to believe that someone like myself is best sneaking about like a common rat?"

Letting out a sigh, Amatsu decided to give this 2nd Year a little lesson. "Take for instance Team Solaris' battle. The little knight girl, small as she was, was fast and strong enough to face the President in a match of blades. Provided you're not deaf, you should recall them discussing a plan. That right there is a good example of combining strategy and might in the face of overwhelming power." He turned to fully face Wu, a dark smile highlighting the evil intent in his eyes. "Overpowering your foe is more than simply firing everything you have as fast as you can." A red-violet aura seemed to surge around his body, but would quickly dissipate. "Remember that well, or you may find yourself tasting the dirt of defeat."

When Mira spoke up, Amatsu would be snapped out of his silent fury, and look to her with an offhanded glance. " 'Trouble' may be overstating it. Well, for myself, I suppose." He'd laugh with her in agreement. "Yes, many of the fools scrambled over themselves in a panic. It was quite an amusing sight." Glancing at the Crown battle again, he would frown. The peasant girl did have a point. "I wouldn't say there's so many, but I've noticed 2 more than there should be. They're still children, and yet they're fighting on the same terms as an adult is." Then his smirk returned. "Perhaps.. this indicates their ability more so than usual. If they're already this talented... imagine when they're of age." He relished the thought of fighting the boy with the incredible fire, Jayden, when he was older. He could certainly prove to be a challenge if he hones his magic properly.

"Now Amatsu, when did I ever say you would be sneaking around? Do be careful if you're starting to hear voices in your head. Schizophrenia is no laughing matter." He jibed back at the arrogant man. He pushed his blue-tinted square sunglasses back up the bridge of his nose, having felt them start to slide down earlier in the conversation. He looked over to Mira as she mentioned how young some of the kids they had were.

"Well, I had heard a rumor from some who rode in the same compartment as the blonde haired girl. They say that she's the heir to the Pendragon family. If that's the case, I imagine her father pulled a few strings to let her attend early. She certainly does have excellent swordsmanship. I might challenge her to a duel myself sometime." He said, his mood starting to lighten again.

Azucena had left earlier to some of the stalls that were open across the Main Building, as plenty of students had gathered to watch the entrance exams. She had noticed some were talent scouts for many club activities and were already planning to recruit some first-years.

Hisako: "That Pendragon girl should totally join our Kendo Club!"
Alevalleh: "Mmm... Masego was his name? I am sure us in the Enlightenment Club could help him tame the beast within him..."
Shawn: "Dat fiery kid from Crown looks good! The Shooting Club could use him!"
Antonia: "W-W-We ... S-Should... A-A-A-Askkk... t-the Crown's Flesh Golem Master... T-To join our Sculpture... C-C-Club..."

So much fun and activity! Cena was so happy that she bought a bunch of food and drinks. In her hands, she had a bunch of corndogs on sticks, along with a large coke that had several straws in them. When she rejoined the group, she suddenly felt this overwhelming presence of negativity. Her eyes squint.

"Oraaaaaaaaah! You guys! Damnit! Stop souring the mood! Enjoy the Entrance Festival dammit!" She started to walk up to Mira, only to try and force down a large corndog into her mouth. If succeeded, she sets her eyes on Wu, and would attempt to choke down another corndog down his throat as well. "And ENJOY IT!" She then glares towards Amatsu, an evil grin on her lips as she held out two corndogs in one hand.

"A-M-A-T-S-U C-H-A-N"
dc84a3a2354c66fbb5b37d6b3946294c--anime-dark-red-eyes.jpg

She held out a corndog for him, but something must be telling Amatsu to just accept this peasant food just once. This girl seriously lacked a few screws in her head. OR she is just really salty about people spoiling a festival mood.

Mira was about to say hello as Cena came back to them, when suddenly there was something long, though rather squishy in her mouth, pushing at the back of her throat with Cena's strength before the other girl decided to move on towards the next victim. Mira pulled out the corndog and heaved forwards, gasping for air. "What the fuck, Cena?" she tried to sound angry, but she was still rather heavy breathing from all the action.
As Mira saw that Cena was trying to do the same things to the others, she walked up to the almost-half-naked beauty and promptly hit her hard on the head. "Azucena! What the hell do you think you are doing? Trying to kill us all?" she pouted, and before she was done with her venting, she hit the girl again. There was some force behind it, as Mira was actually frustrated, but like always, her high-pitched voice made it seem like more of a joke, and she was glad for that deep down. "You okay, Wu?" Mira sighed.

Amatsu's glare narrowed. Wu was truly testing his patience. Patience that was running thin extremely quickly. "You're pushing the boundaries of your luck quite a bit, don't you think?" His grin widened, and there was an aura of maliciousness emanating from him. Anyone nearby would be able to feel the bloodlust. The air seemed to ripple around the Vice President, the hint of a red-violent glow that quickly disappeared when Azucena returned. He rounded onto her, about to scold her about her tone "You dare to think to ord-" He would be cut short by the unsettling expression upon her face.

The unthinkable happened. Amatsu, the smug god of arrogance, backpedaled from the girl. His face certainly showed that he was off-put by her death glare, one that was all too familiar to the Vice President. He knew all too well about the inexplicable fear that the gaze of a woman can instill into a man, even without the force to back it up. After all, his mother was able to do the same, and she was no mage. He wordlessly took the corndog, still unsettled by Cena's gaze.

Wu was lucky to have noticed Cena shove the corndog down Mira's mouth first. As Cena came running after him, he performed an elegant, matrix style dodge, only moving the upper half of his body in a downwards circular motion to avoid the dog, while simultaneously taking it from the girl with his right hand. Popping back upright, he proceeded to eat the corndog with a grin on his face. "Yeah I'm fine, Mira. Thanks for the dog, Cena." He said with a full mouth.

He decided to refrain from making anymore comments towards Amatsu. The feeling of cold death he'd felt from the Vice President's glare told him that should he push any further, he'd actually need to defend himself from an assault. Though he did get a large amount of satisfaction from watching Amatsu become rattled by Cena's enthusiasm. He turned back to Mira. "You ok, Mira? Trying to fit the whole dog in your mouth like that didn't look fun."

Mira wanted to say a few things more to Cena, when her attention was caught by one of the screens. It seemed like Team Lunaris was just finishing, but the devastation or the fight wasn't what caught the girl's interest. It was something much bigger and harder. "Oh-em-gee! Cena! Look at Christian!" she pointed towards the screen while putting one hand over her mouth as the man came out from the shadows. "Ah, no wonder he has so many fans, those muscled, those arms.... ah, even his jaw looks like it could cut a tree in half." She could swear she was almost floating above the ground, but inside, she was still more amazed by the six geysers that Christian could summon. The good looks were just like a whole basket of cherry on the top.
Amira felt her cheeks turn red, and then instantly turned towards Cena. "We need to go to my room. Now. I need to rewatch the whole Lunaris fight, and we will... uhm... learn from it!" She grabbed the other girl's hand, entirely forgetting the fact that they weren't the only ones talking beforehand. "And since I couldn't hear everything perfectly, we can start with the ending. I want to know what he said, maybe it was something important! Life changing!" she shouted before leaving the halls with Cena on her heels.

Back