Akashic Arcana Arcadia Medical Ward

He grinned at the two of them, shaking his head at Artoria. "Careful now. Don't go trying to accumulate too many scars. Even the fires of youth have their limits can be doused with enough water." He jokingly chastised.

As he finished, a nurse came in and put the finishing touches on his right arm. Everything finally felt like it was back in it's proper place. Said nurse also pumped some painkillers into both his left arm, which would take longer to heal, and Artoria's scar, numbing the pain of both. He flexed his now free arm and grinned at Viola. "Well, I owe the wings to my animal buddies. Would you like to meet them?" He asked before holding up his totem necklace. "This one is Eddie the Elephant, he gives me the strong form. This is Carey the Cheetah, who gives me a speedy on foot form that I didn't get to show. And this is Elsa the Eagle, who gives me wings to fly with. Their spirits bless me with some of their power."

"Intense is actually kinda understating it... I've never fought at that level of speed and power before." Artoria's thoughts went back to the combat exam. During her duel with Viktoriya, she was able to enter into a type of battle trance, shutting out everything else while focusing purely on the homonculus' movements. Her Battle Instinct Divine Blessing never got triggered as a result of that, which had the Princess thinking deeply on her growth as a mage and a knight. "This scar's more than that. It's all the memories of a battle woven into a single mark on my body. A reminder of how much I need to improve."

"And don't worry, Mago, I don't intend to get slashed like this every fight I get into." She couldn't help but giggle at the notion, and looked on in wonder as he showed off his multiple totems. "That's really cool. Is that your inherited magic?" She barely even noticed the nurse coming in to tend to her, even the needle being stuck into her. "I've always been fascinated with learning about the different forms of inherited magic that each nation has. I just wasn't able to really learn much during my training other than the essentials of combat. Sir Lancelot is an amazing warrior, one of the best.. but.. I think he focuses too much on battle. He never really allowed me time to study on my own, always insisted on honing my swordsmanship."

Viola had an instant response to Masego's introduction to his totem spirits: she leaned forward in her chair, sliding it a little closer to him. She had a lot of questions and they all came out at once. "That's cool. So you like, talk to their spirits? What do they say? Can you understand them? Oh! When you're transformed, can you understand other animals of that same species? And what do they say!?"

Viola's question barrage ended when she returned her attention onto Artoria, taking her time to digest what had been said. Attempting to determine the best way to respond. A bit of honesty. "I agree. I think it's important for people to learn magic that is just not based around combat. We should be using it to make life better, not to find better ways to ruin them."

He chuckled at all the questions he got, deciding to answer Artoria's first since it was more complex. "Sort of. It's a mix of inherited Voodoo magic and my own personal magic. I've always had enhanced animal handling skills since I was a child. Normally Voodoo lets you channel the dead spirits of your own species, but with these specially crafted Totems, I can channel these spirits. Each animal is one that I had a personal connection with at some point in my life." He said it with nostalgic eyes as he remembered those three animals and all the joy they brought to him. "The spell I use that's entirely inherited is... different. I'd rather not talk about that one." He admitted, quickly changing the subject.

Next came Viola's barrage of questioning. "I do talk to their spirits. I'm not sure if they understand my words, but they understand the meaning behind them, and vice versa. It's the same with living animal species. Whether I'm transformed or not, I can understand what an animal is feeling at a certain moment. It enhances my bond with them. Unfortunately though, I still don't understand any actual words they say."

"Amazing..." Artoria was truly in awe of the beauty of the hand-crafted totems, as well as the power they held. "I don't know any spells outside of my Inherited Magic, most of which is used to bolster my swordsmanship anyway. To demonstrate, she summoned her sword in a flash of light. "I can call forth my weapon and armor whenever I wish. This is Caliburn, the Golden Sword of the Victorious." She would hold it out for the two to inspect, its dazzling colors and runes gleaming against the light.
C0d1aB2.png

She would then summon out part of her magical armor in a similar fashion; the visor that had been shattered by Viktoriya. However, it was in one piece and looked brand new. It completely masked her eyes and nose, leaving just her mouth area exposed, which was formed into a smile. "Thankfully, my armor is made from magic, so damaging it doesn't really matter, so long as I have the mana to repair it."

Viola couldn't help but feel a little sad listening to the way Masego described his magic. Each spirit he had were ones from animals he'd been close to? She frowned, trying to think of how well she'd be able to deal with such magic.

"That's such a sad way to grow stronger. Don't you miss them?" Viola asked, her follow-up questions dropped as Artoria began showing off some of her magic too.

It was then that Viola really remembered who the girl had been. The one with all that heavy armor on in the desert! Her eyes opened wide, lips parting for a second before he barrage was directed at Artoria. "Wow, so you can summon your sword and armor out of this air? That's cool. Does it get hot in that? Is it heavy? It didn't look too comfortable when we were out in that exam though. It was way too hot for me, I would've died if I had anything like armor on out there."

Mago gave a melancholy shrug to Viola's question. "I do miss them sometimes. But they're always with me. The spirits live on in these totems and when I need them most, they are always there for me." He said, squeezing the totems in comfort, sentimental eyes gazing upon them.

It was then that Viola burst into another volley of questions, this time towards Artoria. Mago couldn't help but laugh at the display. "I'm glad I'm not the only one with too much energy to burn." He teased gently before looking at Artoria's sword. He'd seen her summon the armor before, but the sword was very ornate. "Impressive. Based on your performance in the combat exam, I'm sure you'll place high."

After desummoning Caliburn and her visor into golden particles, Artoria sighed. "I really hope so, Mago. I did so bad on the written test, I need a good combat grade if I'm to hope of passing." Once again, her mind wandered to the dread of hearing Lancelot's scolding her if she got placed in a low class, or even worse, sent home.

Thankfully, Viola's questioning snapped her out of her despair and brought her mind back to the here and now. "Uh, let's see.. in order of questions asked.. Yes, yes, and not really. It acts like real metal armor, but it's practically weightless due to it being made out of magic." She shuddered. "And believe me, I felt like I was going to melt out in that desert, especially in my armor. Only thing that kept me sane was that we didn't have any downtime, just right into the action.

Turning her attention back to Mago, Artoria really wanted to hug the big guy. "So you've got friends wherever you go, essentially. That's really sweet." She'd pause then add with a big smile "And now you've got us."

Viola could understand the desire to keep his close friends around, and the comfort that being able to rely on them in his moments of need and how it should be felt. Still though, she didn't think she'd have the heart for such a magic. Even thinking about it made her depressed.

"You should never have enough energy to burn. There's a lot out there to live for and you'll never see it all if you let yourself get burned out too easily." she smirked, giving Masego a thumbs up before focusing on the answers she was given by Artoira. It was nice that people could keep up with her. Most of the time at least half of her questions simply went unanswered.

"What do you guys plan on doing when we get our results and grading? I think I'm going to start a club."

He grinned at Viola's response, giving his own thumbs up in return. "Now that's what I like to hear. I think you and I are gonna get along well Viola." He said, his face beaming. It seemed like he was finally regaining some of that spirit he'd shown on the train and the beginning of the exam.

When Arty threw in that line about him having the two of them as friends now, he just jumped out of his bed and brought the little girl into a one armed hug, being gentle around the area where her scar was. "Daww, you are just the sweetest, Arty!" Pulling back, he looked at her with soft and very appreciative eyes. "Thank you. Seriously, I didn't know how much I needed that." He admitted sincerely.

A nurse ran in and saw Masego out of his bed, injured arm dangling limp at his side. While Viola and Artoria talked about Arty's armor, Mago was fitted with a cast and sling on his left arm. It was infused with healing mana to accelerate the healing process so he'd be able to take it off in about 2-4 days, depending on how much he pushes himself.

When Viola asked about what to do when they got out, Masego looked puzzled, scratching the back of his head. "I hadn't actually thought of that. I guess a club would sound cool. What's it gonna be based around? Because I might just join it."

Artoria shrugged at Viola. "Not sure. I'll probably tour around the Academy grounds a bit, though first I wanna find my dorm room." She was surprised by the sudden movement of Mago leaping out of bed and drawing her into a tight hug, though she noted how careful he was about her back. She'd smile and return the hug. Once the nurse came in to address his still injured arm, Artoria stared at it for a bit before asking "Do.. do you mind if I take a look at your arm? I don't know if my healing would help or not, but I'd like to try."

Viola let the two of them enjoy a nice, platonic hug. She didn't get involved in the actions as her hugs were not viable for people that were actually hurt. She couldn't control herself and so, so always made it a rule to keep to herself when she was dealing with people in pain. It was for the best, honestly.

Viola responded to Masego's question, almost squirming out of her seat. Her idea obviously very exciting for her. "Me? I'm going to start a club about exploring the wonders of tea, in all shapes and sizes. I think our school years are going to be stressful... I think it'd be good to focus on relaxation when we have some free time."

Viola, relax? Pfft. This would probably be on the noisiest tea clubs in the history of tea clubs.

Masego, now free from the prison that was his medical bed, hopped up and extended his casted up arm out to Artoria. If she thought that she could help, he wasn't going to say no. He wanted out of this sling as soon as possible.

As Viola explained her tea club idea, Masego's head gradually turned sideways, nearly hitting a 90 degree angle before he snapped it back upright. "That was not what I was expecting. Though honestly a bit of relaxation time would certainly be welcome." It'd be a welcome break from 'him' constantly screaming in my ear. I heard that you son of a bitch! "Welp, you've got your first member right here." He said, holding out his good hand for a shake since his other arm was being worked on currently.

"A tea club sounds lovely." Of course the British girl would all for such a club. With Mago offering up his arm, Artoria took a deep breath, and exhaled slowly. As she breathed out, the other two would be able to feel a surge of mana from the child as she drew upon her inherited magic. She muttered to herself "Breathe in.. breathe out. Calmness, serenity.. Rhythm." Her hands rested upon Mago's injured arm, and a golden light surrounded her hands, illuminating the cast and skin underneath. "Feel the heart, match the beat." For an incantation, it seemed strange for a simple healing spell. Or perhaps it was more a chant to help her focus the spell.

Mago would feel a surge of magic flow through his injured limb, the damaged muscles mending together slowly, yet faster than they were before. Said surge would quickly die off, however. Artoria's face strained, then she let out a groan of frustration as the spell flickered out. "Sorry, healing an injury like this is difficult for me. I've only got experience with surface wounds."

Viola gladly accepted the handshake that Masego offered her, smiling wide from ear to ear. "Yes! Please, come join my club. It'll be open to everyone. What's your favorite teas? I'll have to keep them in stock."

As Artoria focused on fixing up Masego's arm, she let her thoughts wander to her club. What should it look like? Whats teas would they have? What kind of games should she think of... club events, club trips? Would her club have to go against another club in a tea taste off?

The thoughts clouded her mind and so she sat there, nibbling on her bottom lip, trying to solve the mysteries that now surrounded her hypothetical tea club.

His arm was already starting to feel a little better. Bone fragments were weaving together as her magic flowed into him. It felt like the arm had every fragment in it's proper place now, but they all had to stitch back into solid bones. He ruffled her hair in response to her apology. "Don't worry, you might've shaved a day off of my recovery. Thanks a lot, Artoria." He said, a big encouraging smile on his face.

He turned back to Viola, who'd asked about his favorite tea, and it left him a bit stumped. "I don't know actually. The area I lived in didn't really have access to tea so I've never drunken it before. I'm open to any kind though. I'll never know which ones I like most until I've tried them all!"

Artoria let out a long-drawn out breath, and flopped back down onto her bed. "Urk." That was a mistake. She painfully rolled onto her stomach, moaning in agony. "I did what I could.. my healing is still limited when I use it on other people." Feeling her hair get ruffled, her mood would brighten up again. "Anytime, Mago."

The attempt had left her more drained than she thought it would. "Joining a tea club sounds.. nice. For now, though, I think I'm gonna try to sleep some more. Maybe my back will feel better later." It wouldn't take long for her to doze off, even with her two teammates talking among themselves.

FIN~

Back