Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Aschen Sector

That voice. I've heard it before. Then a part of her memory that she had kept in the dark corners of her mind, away from sight, clicked. Him. She hid the journal behind her back, hoping he wouldn't notice the contents. "You murdered them." She said, standing up.

"Chloe, I need go to your room, now." Her father said, looking at her. "But dad, wh-" "I said go to your room!" He raised is voice. Chloe huddled up in her blankets, lying on her bed. And then she heard them.

"Seven years ago..." She walked towards him, glaring. "You killed my parents." She kept her composure, but her voice was full of hatred and contempt as she all but spat out the words.

Chloe heard shouting. And then, she saw, through the crack of the door... "David!" Her mom yelled, as her dad's corpse hit the floor with a dull thud. She choked back some tears, full of terror and anger.

"And for what?" She was now up in the confessors face, glaring at him. "For the 'Glory of the empire'?" She said in a mocking tone.

Chloe heard the disruptor pistol fire, killing her mom. She closed her eyes, both hiding and trying to look away from what was happening. Someone opened the door. "Let her live." Said the voice. It was cold, and emotionless, as if what had just happened were as ordinary as waking up in the morning.

"Tell me." She said, raising her voice. "Why on that night, did you take the lives of two innocent people?"

"I do as the Emperor wills." The Confessor said, coldly as they stood there, unmoving despite Chloe moving towards them.

Though this confessor specificially was unlikely the one that killed her parents, the obscured face and purple robes made them all look alike, and all of them were just as fanatical as the last. "Your tongue speaks heresy and blasphemes against the Emperor." The Confessor said, reaching out and attempting to grab Chloe by the throat, moving swiftly to pin her against the cell wall, holding her up by her neck, and using his fingers to force her mouth open.

"How about I cut that heretical tongue out of your mouth!" He said, using his free hand to produce a small ornate dagger.

"We should teach you some humility, and discipline!" He said, holding the blade against her cheek.

---

"A few hours ago this vessel experienced an incident, in relation to it's computer systems." The agent said, setting a file folder on the table so he could take notes. "This is your opportunity to be fourthcoming with me, if you were involved." He said calmly, pen scratching paper as he looked up.

"Do you know anything about what I'm talking about?"

The Iarin's eyes widened.

"I was not aware that there had been a problem. The last thing I knew of the situation was that I had talked with Harkin Admiral and King Chloe about getting a change of guard for my vessel. Following that, my crew returned to their stations aboard the bridge and I left to wait with the guard at my vessel's entryway." He watched the pen for a moment, then continued. "Is everything alright? I had seen a commotion near one of the airlocks while waiting, if that helps at all. Beyond what I've said, I don't know much else of the situation. Aside from the arrival of your craft, of course, and the general work about the hangar that I could see from where i waited."

Internally, Rashiim was passing all knowledge of his order to compromise the ship's AI to his Bonded, storing the memories outside of his own mind in both fear and cautiousness.

Chloe felt the razor sharp blade against her cheeks. He had let his guard down though. Perfect. "Screw you." She said, attempting to kick him in the stomach.
(If this succeeds)
This would give her enough time to hit him again, sending a powerful jab with her fist to his upper torso. This sent him reeling back, as he landed on the ground. The blade would fall out of his hands, skittering across the cold floor. Before he could react, Chloe jumped on him. "How about I teach you something?" She said, pinning him down. "First, you all are just a bunch of fanatics. Second, the fact that the emperor relies on you to take care of important matters is laughable." The knife was on the other side of the room. Chloe focused all her attention on holding the man down. "You're nothing but a murderer." She was filled with hatred, hatred for this man and the man that he served.
(If this fails)
Chloe flailed frantically. "So what? I'm just telling the truth about your cold-blooded, dirty, back handed, murderous cult"

Last edited:
The IIA operative made a face, and jotted down several more notations into his notepad. "I see. As I am sure you understand this is merely formality, my technicians are performing a thorough systems diagnostic, and any relevant information will be forwarded to my superiors for final judgement." The Operative said cryptically. "While I'm merely investigating at this point.." The Operative said, his words cold and carefully worded. "Deception will only harm your situation here, I'll take your statement into consideration, but if it's found your vessel was responsible..." Thompson explained, jotting down several notations. "The repercussions will be quite severe."

"Until that systems diagnostic is completed, you, and your crew are going to be detained as prisoners of the Empire, and your vessel and it's computer systems will be thoroughly searched."

"Any resistance will be met with lethal force, and construed as an act of hostility against the Empire." The Agent said, snapping his file folder shut.

"You will be notified upon completion of this Diagnostic, at which point Admiral Harkin will be given instructions to transport your vessel out of Imperial space, where you will be released."

---

When Chloe kicked outwards, her foot met the armored torso plate of the Combat skin worn under the robes, the Confessor didn't so much as make a grunt, merely tightening his grip.

"Your heresy will not be tolerated!" He called out, and with what seemed to be superhuman strength, moved to toss her across the cell, into the adjacent wall.

"You will know pain! And then you will serve the Empire"! The Confessor bellowed, lunging forward.

"Restrain her!" He called out, and the door opened up, several Imperial Marines storming into the room, one moving to affix a metal collar to her neck, attaching a lock and chain to the metal loop on the collar.

The Chain was fastened and locked to a metal loop on the wall, the Confessor reached out and took a baton from one of the Marines as they pulled away, and the Confessor moved to swiftly bring it across Chloe's jaw.

"If I may," Rashiim said softly. "I would like to inform you that, although we are aboard your people's vessel, I am not against your kind. We have not been against the Aschen. With that being said, and as you do not appear to hold nearly so high a rank as the commanding member of the crew of this ship, let me make one thing clear. The Iarin, though peaceful, have known the kind of war you can bring." His tone and manner of speaking had lost their polite edge, growing as cold as the agent's.

"We know, because we brought the same kind of war to another species once: a species that thought they could contain our people, binding them in chains and treating them as if they were nothing more than attire or decorations to be bought and sold. By confining me and my crew, you may not break your own laws, but you break those of the Iarin Collective. We may not visit justice on your people for such an act, but you will be taken, and you will be removed from this place in a manner that leaves you beyond redemption in the eyes of your own kind." He chuckled ever so softly.

"As for searching the databanks of the Firrona, I do wish you the best of luck. She has survived worse than a micro-console computer. Far worse. You would do well to be cautious in your attempts to interface with my ship's computers, as you may find it hard to accomplish your task." He had leaned forward while speaking, his eyes having shimmered between solid color and their normal styles a few times, but now leaned back in his seat.

"Please, may I be returned to my crew now? I cannot, in good conscience, stop you from holding us any more than we're already being held, but you will do so aboard our vessel. If you do not, then we die and you can gain no more investigative knowledge from us. Surely, in order to keep the most possibilities available, you would rather us all be alive, hmm?" He smiled slightly, standing slowly but smoothly.

Chloe clenched her jaw, bracing herself for the impact. The baton hit, sending piercing pain up Chloe's jaw. "Having fun?" She managed to say above the pain. "You could beat me to a pulp, and I will reject and deny all your laws, beliefs, and teaching." She paused, glaring at him for what might be the last time. "You can kill me. You can torture me, brainwash me. But no matter what you do, you will not break the freedom that lies within all men. Whether you like it or not, there will always be someone to take my place. To stand up for what's right, for the freedom of man. You and that pompous idiot you call 'Emperor' will fall one day. The fact that you're still here torturing me proves everything I have said to be true."

The Agent sat there, his face expressionless as he took in Rashiim's words. "Then you understand the gravity of our situation, Unfortunately I have an incident that took place, with rather coincidental timing. I want to rule out your involvement, prove your innocence." He said. "But, from the brief reports I have been given, you have been resistant to our hospitality, you threatened the Emperor. While you claim that you are not against the Aschen, your actions speak otherwise." Thompson said.

"Your people will come to find that we're not like the species you may have waged war with. We won't contain your people, we'll fight them until they no longer threaten us, using weapons more terrible than you can comprehend. I believe that's how we came to meet each-other. Imagine if this weapon was directed at your home systems." The Agent said in a rather veiled threat.

"You would not be able to hide from us forever." He said calmly, leaning back in his chair. "And your threats don't amuse me either, so that being said." He said, his eyes following Rashiim as he stood, his hand moving to his weapon which was holstered securely at his hip. However his interaction was briefly interrupted as one of the Marines knocked on the door.

"Selene is here, and is waiting in the Bifrost deck." The Marine said. "She's ready to work on the Xenos vessel when you're ready."

The Agent nodded. "Excellent, I was just leaving anyway, I'll meet her in the Bifrost deck, and accompany her to the Hangar Bay." He said, and the Marine opened the door wider to accomodate the Agent, while a second one kept his weapon trained on Rashiim.

"Oh, and let me know if our friend has anything else to add, I'll have Admiral Harkin clear the rest of the Detention block for the rest of the crew."

---

The Beatings stopped, the Confessor stepped back, and nodded to the Marines. "Tantalus torture." He said, nodding slowly. "She will break in time." He said, returning the Baton, and stepping back just beyond Chloe's reach.

One Marine moved to the cell's temperature controls, setting the control knob to fifty-five degrees, uncomfortably cold but not cold enough to cause hypothermia.

"All Hail the Empire." Began to play at an obnoxious volume, on repeat, which meant it would play over, and over again, over layed with Imperial propaganda audio.

Once everything was set, the Confessor, and the Marines left, but not before he noticed the book, he gestured for a Marine to take it, and as quickly as they came, they left.

Rashiim watched as the agent left, mind ticking through possibilities. He turned the chair he'd been in around to face the door and seated himself once more, closing his eyes as if to simply calm down. In reality, he was entering a state of being between meditation and a coma, allowing him to access the stored capabilities of his Bonded. His mind, now connected, went into overdrive, flushing through idea after idea with a speed comparable to that of most technologically modern supercomputers. Unfortunately, it didn't allow him any contact with his crew, much as he wished he were lucky enough to.
---

Aboard the Firrona, things had once more become tense. Kallka had taken command of things, making sure the normal operations were going accordingly, and that all indication of his connection to Firrona herself was expunged from the system. The only place the knowledge was still recorded was within his Bonded, and Firrona herself.

Chloe closed her eyes, trying to focus on something else. She tried to think of his friends, of good memories from school. She tried to tune out the words. She couldn't. The words began to eat away at her mind, tearing through her every defense. Suddenly, Chloe realized there was only one thing she could do.

Roughly an hour had gone by, Rashiim was still confined to his Cell, Chloe would be confined to her cell, and the Diagnostic procedures had gone on for the most part unabated.

It was time to inspect the Firrona, but the technicians had already for the most part figured out what was going on.

Thompson was going over the report in silence, while Selene stood beside him, for the most part she seemed to stick out among the crew of the Hangar, with her neatly pressed white uniform, abnormally pale skin, and shockingly silver hair that stopped just above the mid of her back.

She was going over the report as well, looking at the data as it scrolled across the screen. "There is no doubt, I just need to match the signatures in these logs to the signature of that alien vessel." She said, while Thompson nodded, before he continued. "Extract as much information as you can, and then I'll notify the Ministry of Defense to see how they want to proceed." He said, making a face. "Harkin isn't happy, but at least we'll get this ship squared away, they'll probably have the crew tried for acts of war against the Empire, they'll all be sent back to the Empire for study, and this ship... this ship will probably be sent to Molecay and dismantled for study." Thompson said, while Selene nodded.

"I understand, I'll attempt to interface with the alien vessel." Selene replied.

Thompson signalled a group of Imperial Marines, and they began to gather around before he cleared his throat, and the men formed up on the airlock to the Firrona.

"Crew of the Firrona, it has been found that you attempted to compromise the computer systems of this ship, as of this moment you are prisoners, surrender peacefully and you won't be harmed! Resist, and we will use lethal force!" Thompson called out, while teams of Marines readied their weapons, the men at the front prepping a canister of spice gas.

Kallka had the entryway opened as the Aschen moved into formation, standing calmly with he crew just inside. He had one eyebrow raised at the group of men, and out of place female, watching them carefully.

"For us to leave out vessel constitutes lethal force in 3.8 hours. Your atmosphere kills us slowly. May we remain aboard our vessel under guard?" He kept his tone polite, as if he hadn't been called a criminal and saboteur. Behind him, all of the crew members stood just as calmly, showing no aggressive action toward the men. "We welcome you aboard to do whatever it is you require, but we cannot survive outside of our vessel without prolonged transitional time. That time does not appear to be available, so we ask to stay aboard under your guard while you do as you need to."

Chloe pulled together every last bit of her will, and focused. She focused on one thought, and one thought only. And then, she started to cry. At first it was just a tear, dribbling down her cheek. And then she cried more. More tears started rolling down her cheeks, and soon she was crying. She cried and cried, burying her face in her hands. Thousands of thoughts were going through her head, each one passing like a blur.

"You seem to be adjusting just fine with the door wide open, I'd buy that argument if you stayed holed up in your vessel." Thompson said flatly. "Regardless, the atmospheres of your holding cells will be adjusted to fit your biology if required." Thompson said, signalling for the Marines to move forward.

"You will assist Selene here in interfacing with your ship's systems." He said, gesturing for the woman to step forward.

"Though riddle me this." Thompson said as Selene stepped forward, an unsettling aura of energy around her as she held up her hand, small crystals forming, and moving along her fingertips before receding back into what looked like flesh. "Why did you do it? Why did you see it necessary to intefere with this ship's computer systems? No sense in denying it, the Data's all right here, all the evidence we need to construe this as an act of war." Thompson said, tossing the dataslate at Kallka's feet. "Fortunately for you and your people, this incident hasn't reached the Ministry of Defense. I will need you to prepare a statement in your defense, as will everyone aboard this vessel."

---

Inside the Cell the blaring propaganda continued, but Chloe was left alone, that was until the door opened up, and a Marine placed a hot meal inside the cell, the smells of the savory food could be smelled as they wafted through the room, but should Chloe go to eat, the chain around her collar would be just short enough that she wouldn't be able to reach the food, her fingers just inches from the plate, and her feet chained to the wall so that she couldn't use her feet to pull the plate closer.

Then Chloe focused on one of the thoughts and... stopped. The noise was still there, but it was somehow dull, faded. Weird. Chloe thought. How is that even possible? Her thoughts were... focused.. She could smell the food, but it wasn't.... appealing. She lost all focus, her eyes staring blankly at the wall. Her thoughts slowed, and then stopped. And then something happened.

Kallka stepped down, a slight distortion rippling around him when it had not for Rashiim.

"We stay aboard because there is a field that holds atmosphere from Iara'Agar within the vessel. Ecto Rashiim has been to more worlds, and has adapted to not need the field as long. We, the crew, have not such a luxury." He looked at Selene as he passed her. "Why, however, is not the true question. You don't care for the why, and even if you say you do, I'll know your lies. Each of us is different, and our specialties afford us a bit of excess when dealing with one another. Some are good at thinking, others at growing things. I am good at communicating. Your pulse is calm, but there are two of your kind who are not so at ease. Your," he looked at Selene again, "interface is also odd to me, but no more so than any computer."

"Why I did it, and yes I, not the crew, is simple. I dislike your kind. I dislike how your leaders treated my captain. I dislike the fact that you think of us as second-class beings, despite our every attempt to respect you without reason. Our ways may be different from yours, and my captain may speak out about them more than may be safe, but he respects your kind out of a desire to keep the peace." He paused, his eyes shimmering ever so slightly before he took a deep breath to return to his calmed self.

"The crew is not at fault. They had no knowledge of my plan. I knew of what occurred on your bridge with King Chloe, and I drafted both a set of basic citizenry papers as well as interfaced with Firrona to allow her to talk directly to your vessel's AI. I had a desire to saved an oppressed being, regardless of species. The captain did not know. The crew did not know. I acted independently, both in an effort to save a sentient life as well as to bring one of your kind to our worlds and speak of the Aschen culture, that my people might learn of yours and how much trade and coexistence might be had."

Kallka stood tall, taller than Selene, back straight and head raised.

"I am much more than a simple interface." Selene replied as she stepped up and into the ship.

Thompson remained quiet as he considered the words Kallka uttered, taking the blame for the actions, in some way he admired the Xenos' bravery, in others he scowled in disgust.

Thompson stepped forward, eyes meeting Kallka's, hidden behind his dark sunglasses.

"Your actions nearly started a war." He said coldly, before he tapped his earpiece. He listened for a moment, and then looked back up to Kallka. "I'm not going to justify our stance to you, I'm going to take you prisoner, and you will be made an example of for those who would threaten the Empire." Thompson said, getting even closer, still calm, but with a tinge of anger perhaps. "Coexistence..." The Agent said. He backed away for a moment to consider the word, nodding ever so slightly, but keeping his calm demeanor.

"We do not coexist with Aliens, Xenos only serve to subvert and destroy all that we have built, likewise you have shown your true colors." He said, stepping back.

"Take him to the Aurora chair." Thompson ordered, while a pair of Marines reached out to grab Kallka, as Selene slowly stepped into the ship, looking around and analyzing everything she was seeing, her heightened mind studying closely, until she could find an appropriate console.

Kallka smiled. No, smirked. He smirked in the face of the agent and his interface.

"We coexist by virtue of being. Without the coexistence of beings, you would not survive. The bacteria you deal with daily are alien to the body, not of it at all, yet you do not sterilize yourself. Hypocrisy is your governing law, and I will not be subject to it. Your interface will find speaking to the ship impossible without me, as I am her console to communicate with the world outside her systems. Take me away, and you lose the ability to talk to Firrona." He breathed out, fogging the agent's glasses.

"Plus, the Iarin are independent. We act as we will, and only I have shown the gall to fight against your tyranny. I do no speak for my people, only myself. Unlike you, a coward who relies on the law of his kin to protect him from an idea he does not comprehend the fullness of." His voice was almost pure vitriol as he spoke, obviously slightly beyond the norm for what his people had shown. Several of the other crew members had chosen to look away, but for what reason was in question.

Thompson stood there, taking it as a challenge.

He nodded briefly to Selene, who held out her hand and pressed it against the wall of the ship, tendrils of Calx snaked their way from her hand, and into the very metal of the ship, the shimmering white crystalline material moved outwards like a web in every direction from her hand, dissipating into the metal of the ship.

She let her mind wander a moment, guiding the Calx, probing for a nerve, a conduit, anything that would enable her to hijack a signal, and move towards the ship's consciousness.

"So little you know about us." Thompson stood aside, smirking. "The Aurora chair will tell me all I need to know, by peeling your mind back, one layer at a time until I know everything I need to know about you, and your people. And then; you will be sent to a lab to be studied, you'll be cut up, and left on a table for some scientist to gawk at." He said grinning. "The rest of your crew will be released, but you? You will suffer a fate worse than death."

The Iarin's eyes flared solid, a shimmering pastel blue, and when he spoke it was in three tones at once.

"Let it be known, then, that Kallka of the Iarin, and his Bonded, Tsitvadi, take themselves beyond, to communicate with those long past. You, Thompson of the Aschen, are to be given the sight of what each of this species can do to themselves, if need be." Kallka turned to look at Selene as she attempted to interface. "Conduit, we both wish you the best of luck, for you shall need it. Not even what makes you whole can cross the gaps we've placed to protect our vessel. Firrona does not exist aboard herself, but elsewhere far flung. But please, you would reach her with our help. You simply cannot trust that help. Now..." He turned back.

"We say goodbye to you all." As the last tone echoed out of Kallka's mouth, a small foam followed with, formed of boiled spittle. The shine faded from the eyes and the body collapsed to the deck, shriveling slightly as the water within the body became vapor and escaped. The Iarin who watched hung their heads, save one. A female kept her gaze on the corpse, watching it carefully.

"He is gone from us," she said softly. "His organs and Bonded have become as the wind, and can no longer be found. May he speak with the Ascended and the Foremost forever."

Back