New User Awkward New Person

ShatteredWings

The Royal Cynic
Hello! I am new here, evidently by the little green bubble next to my name. I’ve been roleplaying for a number of years and wouldn’t call myself the best of the best, but I certainly wouldn’t classify as the worst either lol. It’s become one of my favourite hobbies of all time and love to expand my perspective, horizon to improve. C: The site looks great to me, cannot wait to start.

So yeah.. uhm.. hello! You can prefer to me as Lucy or Evie, ti's all cool.

Oh, hello fellow new user! Thanks for dropping by my little thread.

I’ve always gravitated towards dystopian type roleplays, survival, apocalyptic, romance and fantasy. I also like exploring the concepts of morality in a roleplay, black and white, where is the grey? Haha, just something I like to do when creating my characters or developing them.

Do you have any favourite genres or preferences in what you like in a roleplay?

You had me at romance and fantasy! Dramatic swooning.

Jokes aside, I can appreciate a good dystopian setting, and I agree with your preference of questionable morality. Some of my favourite characters are in the morally-grey area, with both good and not-so-good traits. On the note of survival- I've never really roleplayed in apocalyptic settings, though I enjoy those kinds of games, so maybe you're on to something there. I also like roleplaying adventures, so survival could mesh very well with that.

What about formatting? Do you have a preferred style of writing? 1st/3rd pov, paragraph-style/something else?

Oh! I definitely agree. May fall into your arms at this rate, haha.

Some of my favourite characters possessed both good traits and bad; morally-grey area just makes me want to see them develop, how they mature, grow etc. I like adventure to, I thought I may have forgotten something to mention in my reply, and yes, does mesh quite well with survival, speaking from personal experience here though.

3rd pov is definitely what I prefer when writing, in fact, I do not think I have ever written a response in 1st pov either really. I have nothing against that particular style, I find my stuff flows better or more naturally when dipping into a third person point of view. I also write in paragraphs, usually around four or three.

Right back at ya, formatting? I hope my preferences are okay with you though. c:

Last edited:
I'm glad we're two sides of the same coin! Dashing double finger-guns.

I'm also a fan of 3rd pov- was what I started with, way back in the day (next I'll telling people to get off my lawn). 1st person can be fun too, sometimes. It's very immersive, speaking as if you are that person. Makes it easy to demonstrate internal thoughts in a very effective way.

At this rate, you're essentially my soulmate. 3-4 paragraphs is my ideal length- not too overwhelming while giving lots of detail for a good response.

Hello Evie, it is always nice to see new faces here on Story Tellers Circle. The community is nice, the roleplays are smooth, and overall well built. We have many skilled writers and creative minds, both in roleplay and creative forums.

I also noticed you were interested in joining The Land of Rhapsody when you are approved, and I would love to have you there.

ello Evie, it is always nice to see new faces here on Story Tellers Circle. The community is nice, the roleplays are smooth, and overall well built. We have many skilled writers and creative minds, both in roleplay and creative forums.

I also noticed you were interested in joining The Land of Rhapsody when you are approved, and I would love to have you there.

Hello! Thank you for the warm welcome, and I quite agree, the community has been nice so far to me.

Would you mind linking me to the thread or forum? I'd love to check it out and jump in.

Welcome to the site! Hope to roleplay and chat with ye soon. PM me if ye have any questions and have fun :p.

Back