New User Awkward

Alright, I'm bad at this. Let me get that off right from the swing. So, I have no idea what to say, but it does not mean I'm gonna' try. I got into roleplay at 18-ish with the focus being that of sexually based plots and erotic storytelling. Two years later, now I have strayed away from that and have since I met my partner and the girl I love ever so much, can't say a bad thing about her. I'm not saying risque roleplay is no, but only as long as it contributes to the story and is hinted at, other than deeply described. Anything pass the point of saying two characters would be interacting in such a way, is a no. The focus now is just aiming to become a better writer and meet people. The thing that caught my eye here is the 'Masquerade' roleplay, but after looking around, seems there is more worlds to explore.
'Favorite genre' is something I used to always say in things like this, but now, anything that comes with a story that knows what it wants and people dedicated to contributing to it, most likely will get my attention.

Now, let me stop acting so formal. In person, I'm far from this but you got to make a good first impression right. I can be annoying... just saying.

I have no idea what else to say, and for anyone who couldn't be arsed to read that, let me just say...

giphy.gif

...Hello... in a extremely awkward way.

Last edited:
Welcome! You sound just like me! I come off awkward and annoying sometimes too! lol
I get that "stiff and formal" feel sometimes when I do "intros" and "about me's". (And don't worry, it seems like most people don't like/aren't good with intros.
I also began RP leaning towards a more NSFW feel, but found that wholly mature themes can get boring.

I literally just got my character approved for the Masquerade, so don't shy away from joining in if it seems like you may be behind!

Hope you have an awesome time here and write some cool things!

I have ideas for a character in the Masquerade, if only I could get a suitable f*cking avatar sorted first!!:oops: I never realized how annoying it was with gifs not allowed.

Last edited:
I have ideas for a character in the Masquerade, if only I could get a suitable f*cking avatar sorted first!!:oops: I never realized how annoying it was with gifs not allowed.

I wound up finding an image for my character I like waaay better ...right after I posted it and it was approved lol

If you need any help or ideas, I have a whole cache of unused character images (not my own work, of course, not that talented lol I would end up having deformed characters or stick figures half the time if I tried to draw my own!) I'm sure there is something fitting close enough. Or there should be a way to freeze the gif or whatever and take the image from it (I don't know, not exactly a tech whiz either lol)

I mean, the images I have sorted! Dude in my avatar as of now, Gaspard Ulliel is the base of a vampire character. And Holland Roden is human character but I'm not sure what I want to go with.

Not to completely swerve the topic, but you have any idea why I can't post in any thread apart from this one? :/

Until your account is approved, posting abilities are limited. It doesn't usually take too long, but since I am the only welcome wagon so far, it hasn't been properly explained lol (pretty new here myself). I think you can post here and in the Main Lobby (don't hold me to that) and after mingling with the community a bit, you should be approved. It seems like it helps bring us all closer and new users feel a bit more welcome (if not too intimidated) and want to stay :D

Personally, I did the vamp at the suggestion of @Diabolique because I am completely oblivious to the V:TM world lol, but it seems like a couple other people who are new to the fandom jumped right into it, so it is all about how ya work I suppose :D.

That... you know what, can't even be mad. That's a good idea :D Like, doubt I'd already been speaking to someone if I didn't have to do a introduction xD

See, this is where I come across downright out the loop... what the f*ck is V:TM. Here comes the lesson xD

Agreed. No doubt someone will be along soon to clarify everything lol.
See, this is where I come across downright out the loop... what the f*ck is V:TM. Here comes the lesson xD
Vampire: The Masquerade. I'm not 100% but from what I could find it is a Game (like point systems and such - though we are not using them in RP) I just googled the title once I figured out it was based off something and found a bit about it lol. Sorry I can't be of more help, I am not a keeper of helpful or guiding info :p have not yet learned enough, and am kinda sheltered :D Threw a couple links up there for ya

Ohooo, that helps. See, I had no idea it was a previous thing xD Interested none the less.

I need to give the glossary a re-read and understand everything fully before I decide on a character. I slick wanna' build up my character The Baron or high ranking member of the Anarch's.

Vampire: The Masquerade is a pen-and-paper tabletop RPG published by White Wolf back in '91. I haven't played it but it looks fun.

Cheerio.

No problem! I've been around the block a few times so I know a lot of useless shit.

Don't really RP much anymore, but welcome to the community.

Welcome to the circle!! We would love to have another player in TM. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I will do my best to answer them.

In the meantime, you could always check out the General Information thread. It has quite a bit of information for character building.

Back