Bensington Noir IC

Valerie Lyra-Open Casket

Valerie was rather taken aback by Jerry's rather rude dismissal of her, the female scowling slightly as she said to him "Sure Jerry, whatever you want...." in a rather irritated but subdued tone. She fetched her apron from the kitchen, also retrieving an old rag which she began using to wipe down the tables when the man approached her. She was still wary of strangers, but when she heard that he wanted to speak about Abbie she became more cooperative. "Sure sir, whatever you want....the corner table should be good, no one ever really sits near there." She lead him there, taking a seat in the booth on one side.

Grant Michigan - The Open Casket

Grant gently pushed the whiskey back across the bar to Jonah, and motioned for him to drink it instead. He was probably going to need it. "Now, Mr. Clark," He said, leaning forward and bracing his elbows against the bar, "Abbie was killed murdered late last night. I'll spare you the details, but it's safe to say this wasn't a simple mugging gone wrong. Someone was out to kill her." Grant let out an exasperated sigh. "She seemed like such and angel, Mr. Clark." He continued, and raised a questioning eyebrow. "Silver or gold?" He asked. If the man was part of the commune, he would understand.

Jonah Clark - Open Casket

Seeing as the detective made a rather strange request, but he got what the detective was saying and addressed the man as such. "Gold I guess." Jonah replied. "The lady seemed to have the eyes for that kind of stuff. I wouldn't know. I'm more a lone wolf myself." He takes a drink from the glass figuring it was a sign of trust. "So Abbie's dead huh? Shame really. I was hoping she'd stay longer then a year. Poor thing."

Grant Michigan - The Open Casket

"Well, the little golden angel had her wings cut off." Grant said seriously. He gave the other man a bit of time, and continued. "Now, I'm not too much of a city crawler. Aside from what I know, I'm a fairly ordinary person, and mostly stay at home. Is this establishment you work at here particularly known for having some kind of 'magical' quality?" With drinks being poured by werewolves, and angels serving drinks, Grant was curious whether or not this place was a gathering point among circles of the Commune community. He hated having to ask people in these roundabout ways, though. The linguistic gymnastics were fun and all, but it made his job frustratingly difficult sometimes.

Drahken Brimstone - The Open Casket

The detective opted to stand next to the seat instead of attempting to squeeze himself into such a confined space. He sighed and muttered something incoherent to himself before finally speaking to the waitress. "Unfortunately it seems as though your friend Abby was a victim of a gruesome murder sometime between yesterday and early this morning." He said in a somewhat soothing tone, hoping to ease the blow somewhat. "I am incredibly sorry for your loss" the man continues. He took a moment of silence for the lady before continuing. "If you're up to the task of helping us, we would appreciate any information you can give us that'll help with the case."

Valerie looked at the man, getting comfortable before paying attention to him and waiting for whatever he wished to discuss. The words he said next were a blow to her, the angel's eyes going wide and her face taking a solemn, somewhat pale complexion. Her throat had gone dry, the girl wringing her hands together as she absorbed the news. She barely heard his next statement, but managed to mumble a few words once she realized he required an answer. "She... She was like a sister to me. Of course I'll help."

Jonah - Open Casket

"No not really. We're serve all sorts of customers, but mostly to the average joe." Jonah replied "Now about the murder. You know who did it yet officer?" He asks

Grant Michigan - Open Casket

"If I did know who did it, I wouldn't be here. No offense." Grant said honestly. He rand a hand over his skull, threaded his fingers together, and looked at the man opposite him seriously. "Now, I'm sure Abbie served plenty of customers daily, and has talked with them on several occasions. Has there been any notable conversation you remember, anyone looking at her strangely, something that might seem a bit odd that you dismissed the first time around?" Grant asked. As it stood, he was having little luck. He hoped his partner was having more productive conversation.

Drahken Brimstone - The Open Casket

Drahken waited a bit to let the woman get herself more collected before he continued. He produced a notepad and pencil from his back pocket and gently slid it towards the waitress. "If you can remember, I'd like you to write down any places of interest she frequented or any acquaintances of hers. " He said in a gentle tone. "Anything will be a help at all."

Valerie pulled her fingers through her hair, sighing heavily as she felt her eyes prick with tears that didn't fall. "Yeah, sure... I can do that for you. I need to get back to work soon though, I think Jonah isn't going to be pleased with me just sitting around like this when he's one waitress short." She slowly pulled the notepad towards her, writing down a few arbitrary things until she got to the last part of the list. "She sometimes worked down by this other bar in a shadier side of town... A place for people who liked to be served by those with.... Ah... unique characteristics. Not often, but when she was needing extra cash for our rent she easily made it there in one night. I... I've worked there once before, but I vowed not to ever again after the experience I had." She sighed again, rubbing her hands over her face and getting up from the booth. "I could show you where the place is, but I'm not sure of the address. Also, they have scouts for cops so you can't go in looking like this in your suits. You'll stick out like a sore thumb and no one will tell you anything."

Jonah - Open Casket

"Hmm...let me think...yeah come to think of it maybe...I remember that there was this guy...about her age. Followed her into my bar, didn't order a thing then left when she did. Had his eyes on her the entire time, but I couldn't do anything about it." Jonah replied.

Grant Michigan - Open Casket

"Well, if you remember anything more about it, give me a call." Grant passed over a small, plain contact card, with a phone number and the letters CPD printed on it. "Thanks for your help." He said as he pushed away from the bar.

Grant found his partner talking in the corner of the establishment with the young waitress. He managed to overhear enough of the conversation to be able to follow along. He listened from a short distance, giving them a respectful space for conversation, and said nothing.

Drahken Brimstone - Open Casket

The detective nodded as he listened. "My partner and I should be able to get in just fine." He replied taking the notepad and scanning over the list. "If possible, do you think you could show us tonight?" As he spoke, he tossed his notepad to Grant and reached into his pocket producing a card and sliding it towards the waitress "Also, if you think of anything else you contact us here."

Internally the detective figured that at some point they'd have to get in contact with their kind again. He just didn't realize how soon it would be.

Valerie straightened her apron and dusted off some crumbs that had been laying on the table they were at. "The guy there knows me. Said I was welcome back at any time, so if you guys have trouble getting in you know where yo find. My contact details will be with Jonah, you'll have to negotiate with him whether or not I'll be allowed off with him being down one waitress. I get the feeling that if I asked it would be a definite no." When he asked if she could show them, she turned back from where she was about to head in order to clean a table. Taking the card, she scanned over it before answering. "Sure, I can help you guys out. You just mustn't come dressed as cops though. Where do you want to meet and at what time?"

Back