Demon's Broken Promise Black Rose Territory

happydeath

All posts that are in character within the Black Rose Territory should be done here. This includes any interaction anywhere going on in that clan sector of the city.​

nqCLCO7.jpg

1d9a0980a17d236d79f962d2af2711f3.png
Time Of Day: Early Morning
Weather: Light Drizzle

Walking the middle of the street of his territory, Avaddon kept to himself as he wore a dark blue cloak that had the hood over his head just to keep him somewhat dry from the drizzling rain around him. People had already begun leaving their homes one after another to prepare for the day, whether it was to go to work or just to enjoy the morning sunlight and the light rain being a slight morning refresher for them. Whatever the case may had been, no one appeared to know that it was the leader of their clan walking down the street as they all minded their own business.

Avaddon on the other hand was a destination he wanted to reach and while he could've simply flown there to make the trip much quicker, the walk was nice since he was able to see all the faces of the people of the city just to make sure that everyone's mood was still up. Extending his right arm out as he opened his palm, the rain water soon began to fill his palm before it slowly began to solidify into a large block of ice that eventually began to even break apart to form small birds made of ice. "Go. Deliver the message to the leaders and their seconds." With that simple phrase, the birds chirped and nodded their heads before flapping their wings to fly off into several separate directions; their goal was to head into each of the other three clan territories and find the leaders and their second in commands wherever they may had been.

Once reaching their destination and into the hands of the leader and second-in-commands of the clans they were supposed to go to, they would morph themselves into a letter that was also made of ice. The letter would inform each of the leaders and their second-in-commands were to head to Sky Reach Sanctum for an important meeting that was being called for by Avaddon of the Black Rose clan. If any other person aside from the leader of the clan or a second-in-command were to halt the bird or attempt at capturing it, the bird would shatter into fragments of ice before melting away back into water as another bird would reform itself elsewhere just to attempt it's delivery once again until successful.

After his little messengers were sent off, Avaddon had continued on his way towards his destination once more, this time with a bit more of a hurried motion. The only reason he had not sent one directly towards his second in command was due to him already informing her about the meeting to occur as well as one other individual that he believed to be needed at the meeting even if they were not of the rank of second in command or leader; if the guards at the door attempted to stop her from entering, he would directly deal with the guard.

Interactions: @happydeath
Mentions: @happydeath

Shula fisted her shivering gloved hands to keep from stomping down the street. She glared at the dark blue cloaked figure a few feet away from her. She was going to kill him. She was going to murder him and take Hikmah’s lecturing, disappointment, punishment, whatever, as long as she was able to kill Avaddon.

“Stupid horned fool has me out in the rain and clothed like a child,” Shula grumbled under her mask. She lifted it when she saw steam coming from her breath. Her hands automatically tugged the mask higher, and she pressed the cloth mask closer to her skin. She knew the puff of steam was from her breath, but if she learned anything from her courses it was that stealth was not just cautionary, it was precaution of the cautionary. In layman’s terms, better safe than sorry.

Which was why she was covered in a cloak, a long-sleeved tunic, form-fitting pants, boots, gloves, and a mask. Other then the skin around her eyes, none of her skin showed. For if it did, then the foggy hot air would not be from her mouth. Her skin had begun to warm up last night when the temperature dropped for the incoming storm. When she put her hands in a basin this morning, the water began to steam. She knew that even though the people did not even glance Avaddon’s way if she wore her normal sleeveless armor, the walking cloud of steam would turn enough heads for both of them. Which could attract unwanted attention. Though, she was sure Avaddon would not want her attention either. She was seriously considering wrapping her chain around his horns and dragging him back to his manor. Well, at least attempt to.

“He better know I’m behind him. If he can’t stop me, there’s no reason to protect,” Shula stopped talking as she felt the flame in her chest sputter a bit before normalizing. Her skin became warmer as the temperature around Avaddon dropped. A block of ice formed and morphed in Avaddon’s hand, creating small birds. He whispered something to them, and they responded lively before flying away. The way they glistened and shined was like glass jewels as they flew. Shula wanted to call them morning stars. Could she still make a wish if stars went up into the sky instead of falling from it?

“That was, pretty,” Shula said softly as she came up beside Avaddon.

Interactions: @happydeath @GreenPhoenix3
Mentions: @happydeath @GreenPhoenix3

Arakiel let out a content sigh at the soft pitter-patter on the umbrella, fighting the urge to put it aside. It wouldn't do to show up to the meeting soaked to the bone, she reasoned to herself. Never out of style, she wore her usual, form-fitting outfit; black shades, shorts, black corset, black floral lace leggings, and black high heeled boots, with a long, chic white coat to top it all off.

In one arm, a bag full of pastries, and a tray holding three cups of coffees, somehow finding a way to gracefully balance it all. A very early morning ritual which always consisted of stopping by her favorite cafe and taking care of business and planning her day on the computer before picking something up for the Leader and going to work. Looking up at the sky, Arakiel only wished there was enough time to appreciate it, but looking at the time broadcasted on a public screen, Arakiel would be arriving on time. In her own book, this meant that she was running late.

Arakiel came up behind the pair and grinned when she saw the hot steam rising out of Shula, amused.

"Greetings, Avaddon," she joyfully greeted, holding out the tray of coffee and bag of pastries for them to grab, "Greetings, Shula. Beautiful morning, is it not?"

nqCLCO7.jpg

1d9a0980a17d236d79f962d2af2711f3.png

Continuing on his way down the large streets of his territory, Avaddon eventually came across a small human boy who had been handing out newspapers that had the news going on throughout the entire city. As he approached the child, the white haired demon took one of the newspapers before handing the child a much large sum of money than what the newspaper was actually worth. "Thank you child...now, go and grab something hot to eat. You should not be in such a weather like this, you'll catch a cold." The boy was in quite the amount of shock to realize who had stood before him before he bowed his head deeply and thanked Avaddon multiple times for the money before running off.

Smiling at the sight of happiness the boy had, the male soon opened the newspaper only to find one of the headlines was about several murders that had recently occurred in different territories including the Neutral Zone and that the scene of the crime was gruesome compared to that of any ordinary murder.
Gritting his teeth, he scrunched the newspaper in his grasp before folding it and stuffing it underneath his hoodie for later; this was exactly why he had wanted to call forth a meeting with the other leaders and their second in commands, these murders were getting out of hand and how they were occurring made it seem far too likely that it could be the work of ferals.

As the sound of a female voice came up beside him, Avaddon only turned his attention over only to find what had appeared to be none other than one of his trusted guards; Shula.
She spoke of how the birds he created just moments ago were 'pretty' before shaking his head and before directing his gaze off towards Sky Reach Sanctum that was in the distance. "Shula, I hope you got my message to meet me at the Sanctum. When you reach the top floor..if the guards try to stop you from entering the meeting room, just inform them that I had allowed you. If they make it difficult, call for me and I shall deal with them."

Just as he finished his statement, yet another presence was quick to make themselves known as his second in command had soon approached with a bag of pastries and a tray of three cups of coffee. Raising his hand to greet the woman as well as to decline the offer of pastries and the drink, he soon turned his back towards the two women before once more continuing on his way. "Arakiel, I'm sure you received the message about the meeting. I will meet you there, if you have any business you need to take care of...go ahead and take care of it, but remember to be there." Knowing well enough that his second in command should've been informed about the meeting since leaders and their seconds were supposed to be present at such meetings anyway.

View attachment 7843

Interactions: @happydeath @The Speaker
Mentions: @happydeath @The Speaker

As the boy bowed, Shula swiped a newspaper. Technically, Avaddon paid for her share (and more). She put it under her cloak to read through later. She had glimpsed the headline, More Murderous Ferals! When Avaddon began reading his copy. The topic obviously interested him. If Shula read up on it, she was not investigating the matter. She was simply keeping Avaddon’s interest in mind.

She wasn’t planning on how scouts should be going to the other clan’s law enforcement organizations to collect data on these attacks, to ensure the pattern of the murders as feral killings (or find a pattern of a more serial kind). She was not thinking about how P.A.I. would be sending a small team to investigate the feral activity for a few days. See if there were any outside forces enticing the ferals to attack.

Because they were attacking rather aggressively, even though most of the rebuilding was finished. So why would the ferals be attacking so aggressively? Who was being attacked? Could it be that the beings that were attacked carried vital information? And how could the ferals be gaining enough ground to do the murders?

Those were the questions P.A.I. Scouts and team operatives were answering. Not her. She was a guard. She was not investigating, she had not even left Avaddon’s side. She was just, keeping an eye on a potential threat, staying informed. Her fingers twitched, gripping the paper tighter. Avaddon's voice brought her out of her head.

"Shula, I hope you got my message to meet me at the Sanctum. When you reach the top floor...if the guards try to stop you from entering the meeting room, just inform them that I had allowed you. If they make it difficult, call for me and I shall deal with them."

Shula blinked as she processed Avaddon’s words. Her fire sparked and Shula roughly pulled her hood over her head as the rain hitting her face began to steam. While Shula entertained the thought of just leaving two very capable demons on their own, so she could investigate, she never would. She had a job. She had to keep eyes on Avaddon, and Arakiel, but mainly Avaddon at all times. Even when he infuriated her, like now. She opened her mouth to reply, but then Arakiel came up.

"Greetings, Avaddon, Greetings, Shula. Beautiful morning, is it not?" Arakiel held out some pastries and drinks. Avaddon waved her off and continued talking. Shula quickly grabbed two pastries. She nodded her thanks to Arakiel and ate a pastry as Avaddon addressed Arakiel. She had to pull the mask down and the hood further over her head, but she could eat it without getting wet. When he was done speaking, Shula had already finished one pastry. Warming up and her growing irritation made her crave fuel.

“I got your message,” Shula said before biting into the second pastry. “And I ignored it.” She said before swallowing. “Where you go I go. I don’t meet you anywhere.” Shula took another bite of her pastry.

“Thanks for the pastries, Lady Arakiel."
Shula smiled at Arakiel before looking back at Avaddon.

"And just so you know, sir,” She emphasized his title, for her sake. “The guards are supposed to give anyone who is not a commander a hard time because that’s their job. So, let them do their job and let me do mine.” Shula finished the pastry to keep her from saying anything more and wiped her fingers on her pants harshly.

He was obviously challenging her if he didn’t think she could get past the guards without his help. Though, a part of her knew he wasn’t. That wasn’t in his nature to question people who proved to be capable, but man, did it feel like a challenge. Get past the guards, without Avaddon’s help.

She could do it, and she wouldn’t even need to use force. Simply go through the vents, or even teleport there. The second option would take more energy, but it was still an option. She could do it, but Avaddon and Hikmah would be displeased with her. She could practically hear Hikmah’s exasperated sigh. She could do it, but it wasn’t a challenge. She could investigate, but she had to keep her eyes on Avaddon (who was bigger, stronger, and possibly faster than her). Shula huffed and crossed her arms, still following Avaddon.

Honestly, why couldn’t she have been a scout?

Last edited:
Interactions: @happydeath @GreenPhoenix3
Mentions: @happydeath @GreenPhoenix3

As Avaddon spoke, Arakiél smiled and allowed For young Shula to take as many pasties as she wanted From the bag, and Even going ahead and handing over one of the coffees Over to her, as well. Since their leader no longer wanted his beverage, perhaps she could find a homeless to give it to. “Here you are, my dear,” she pointed out, with a warm smile, “you’ll catch a chill If you do not take care.”

As Shula read the paper, Arakiel’s mind went to all the emails received that morning on the lab reports about their recent experimentations on ferals, but pushed the thought away. This was meant to be a relaxing time!

Watching the exchange between Avaddon and Shula was always entertaining. Avaddon might act like a grumpy old man and hold people at arm’s length but he had a soft heart deep inside. She had known him for so long. Otherwise, Shula wouldn’t have much room to joke with him, nor her. Arakeil welcomed the passionate youthful energy from the girl in stark contrast to their leader; Although it was difficult For the leader to irk Arakiel, it was certainly refreshing to have her around.

“When have you known me to be late, my Lord,” Arakeil chuckled, walking with the pair with a natural strut. People parted ways as they saw the three of them, whom were so easily recognizable in the streets of Haven. “We have Much time left to the meeting. You know how I enjoy my leisure.”

One could easily tell from Arakeil’s manner of speech and posture just how much older she was than them, even though she did not look it, and where she had been educated. If it were not for having a calm demeanor, she might be mistaken for one of those uptight elitist. But there was a reason Arakeil had fled for the land of humans, long ago.

Back