Not open for further replies.

Yun Lee

The Sculptor
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
Staff Member on Hiatus
(Written by Ringmaster.)

CYszv.jpg

The prison in question was not on any records. Nor was its location on any star chart or listed in any dimensional records. It didn't exist and therefore, neither did this meeting.

Lucifer despised it as a whole.

He was alone on this one. In his travel back from Azeroth and his investigation, he had been the first to get the message. To do a routine inspection to a set of coordinates, to what he assumed was a Cloak unit base of operations It was alright....Just not for what he presumed.

Here, some of the scum of the multiverse were collected. Those too dangerous to be released, who had accomplished deeds that could never be repeated. They were no longer people with rights, merely weapons of mass destruction to lock away, whose deaths would only lead to more harm. He knew all this and he knew what could happen if they were let loose. He just....

He wished there was another way. The warden near him, peered upwards towards his eyes and seemed to be nonplussed. He knew he was expecting an agent of the M.E.U., but well... Maybe one a bit more inclined to talk would have been nice. Seeking to fill the void, he cleared his throat.

"As you can see, the security here is top of the line- Stasis technology, keeping all prisoners in a form of suspended animation. This enables us to keep them all nice and calm, as well as ensure our supplies keep for years if need be."

"Has there ever been any accidents?"

His voice was a deep rumble, up from the chest and with the tail end of a growl by the time it left his lips. In the shadow beneath the brim of the hat he wore, he could have passed for a sixteenth century witch hunter passing judgement, or a hellfire-and-brimstone preacher man of the west . Adding to the picture, red eyes glowered with a languid anger that seemed to simmer and warp all in his line of sight with the intensity of his full attention. When he walked, it was the light step of some predatory cat on the prowl.

All in all, the Warden sincerely wished that there was something to break the ice. Anything, just to keep this obviously annoyed agent away from him. Really, he shouldn't have tempted fate.

As around that moment, the power suddenly went out as an explosion rocked the base. The emergency lighting switched on, in that split-second that the darkness consumed the prison. The warden panicked.

"The stasis chambers! They won't all hold on emergency power, we'll-"

He blinked.

Lucifer had vanished from view and cursing, the Warden began to raise the channels for his men. Static met his ears...From one to another. Until finally, one appeared to respond. Immediately, with foam-flecked lips as he ran in the direction of a panic room he spoke.

"This is the Warden! Where is everyone, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!"

At first there was silence. Then in return, an easy sounding- Almost friendly voice spoke.

And on the other side of the line, comm in hand as he kicked back in the security station with his handiwork all around, the man grinned and spoke back.

8.png~c200

"Oh, they're kinda busy at the moment."

CLAIRE STANFIELD

-----------

The riots were beginning. The Cloak agents and the Sword detachment, outmatched. As Lucifer fled through walls or turned corners, it was clear to see just what had happened.

They had been overwhelmed. Charred to a crisp, shot- Exploded. At one point, he came to a body that seemed ripped in half by some animal. All old scenes he had seen before, which only incited him to grit his teeth and move on. He worried sometimes about that... About how much more calm he was in scenes like that rather then when he was home. It was a reason why he had never really ventured far in his partnership with Clare...No matter how much he wanted to. What would she think of him, if he told her how much more comfortable he was among death then he was with her?

How reviled would any of his old friends be, seeing him become this...Whatever he was? He sighed inwardly, pausing briefly to sniff the air. Gunpowder. Recently discharged- This way. He kept on going. Imagined old friends long since dead, seeing him as he was now. He moved forward, because there was no way back. Because his principles if he wished to remain true to them, enforced his mandate to be what he always was. Danger, trouble...If he could help, at whatever cost to him?

He would.

He just refused to consider just what that price was.

The alarms were turned off at some point, silence-sheer, unnerving silence meeting him as he descended into the prison. The red of the emergency lighting rendered everything into a hellish view, which between the bodies wasn't entirely wrong. What was that saying?

Hell was empty and all the devils were here.

He heard a click- So small a sound, that anyone else would have missed it and that was the only thing that saved him. He dropped immediately to the floor, the bullet whizzing through the brim of his hat as he spun and without hesitation, kicked upward, aiming the heel of his boot to smash into where he saw the muzzle flare. His reward was to see the pistol fly upward.

His punishment for briefly tracking the pistol was a solid punch to his jaw, breaking it as he stumbled backward, adjusting it with one hand as the pistol was deftly grabbed as it descended. Cloaking shield, but he was also in the alcove to the side- Clever, whoever it was. It meant his opponent was a cautious man. And as the cloaking field shut off, Lucifer got his first good look at his opponent.

tumblr_n3dg5gtMkO1qgu2jso8_r1_250.gif

"You're not a guard."

LOCUS

"Locus. So, not quite dead after all. Which must mean Felix is likely somewhere-"

Locus fired in midsentence and because Lucifer was expecting it, he managed to dodge in time. His hands filled with Black Keys and activating them, he slid into his stance for battle.

"You are professional. I respect that much."

"So you know we can't really let you leave here alive."

Lucifer blinked.

"We?"

Locus stepped back and vanished and Lucifer's blood ran cold as he heard the sound of a machine whirring to life.

jinx_musicvideo801.jpg

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

JINX

"I'm running with a new crowd nowadays." Locus's disembodied voice echoed, lost in the sound of the minigun as Lucifer rose from the shadows in the corner. That was close.

Now that he knew what to look for, Locus even with his cloak showed up as a giant, heat signature. Currently standing by Jinx as he answered his comm. A moment later, he turned to Jinx.

"Ten minutes. Make it count."

"FUCK OFF, NO ONE TELLS ME WHAT TO DO!"

She turned her crazed grin in Lucifers direction, bringing up her minigun. Lucifer stepped out, black keys held between his fingers as he stared across the distance. Jinx began to laugh as Locus turned and ran off.

"I'm going to have a little fun. GET JINX'D!"

And then the fight began.

What he couldn't deflect away with the black keys, he gritted his teeth and endured. He'd heal up quick enough and this was the only way through. It certainly threw Jinx for a loop, who whistled low.

"YOU GOT MORE OF A DEATH WISH THEN GREENIE! WELL, I ALWAYS AIM TO PLEASE!"

And from a pouch, she threw out an object strange to Lucifer, but well- Grenades had that certain constant. He slid and spun, kicking two of them in Jinx's face as she gasped. Cheerfully, she spoke.

"Well, fuc-"

In the explosion aftermath, Lucifer had finally gotten close enough to slash through the barrel. The minigun dropped as Jinx leaped backwards. Scorched, but seemingly none the worse for wear as she hissed at him.

"YOU MURDERER! YOU GONNA KILL FISHBONES TOO?! I WON'T LET YOU!"

Rocket after rocket landed, the explosions obscuring him from view, the last she saw of him being a black figure in the flames. Like a view of Hell before she growled and blasted in his direction.

When she managed to look though, there wasn't so much as a bodily trace.

"Where the fuck did you go?!"

"Over here."

That was right behind her. Jinx suddenly felt a crawling sensation ripple through her spine, though she didn't hesitate to turn and attempt to smash her Fishbones launcher itself as a club. It had as little effect as punching fog, the hand that stopped it far stronger then imagined. Jinx slowly, began to smile.

League-Of-Legends-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%8B-Jinx-%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0-909688.png

"Well. What took you so long?"

When his jaws ripped her throat out, there was only a feeling of intense ecstasy as the world turned white....

------

Lucifer wiped his mouth, the red lost on the black of his sleeve as he panted. There was always a rush whenever he fed without remorse. He was more monster then human now he felt...The term 'Damphir' just a word now, to retain the illusion of humanity. It was how it was.

But not as it should be. He looked down at the body, taking the time to close her eyes before he turned and energized, went on the hunt. Alright...What did he know? He knew that there was more then one operative working here. They were most likely breaking out a prisoner.

That was bad. He grimaced and ran harder, following the trail of bodies.

Coming to the end of his trail, he was just in time to see a ship fly off...And most likely, his quarry with it. Frustrated, he punched the wall and was gratified at the pain that came and the dent in the metal with his knuckle marks. Whoever Locus had allied himself with? They were exceedingly skilled...The Coalition had to know.

And then he heard something. A sound he didn't expect to hear, here of all places.

Someone was weeping and he stepped forward, still wary but curious till he found her.

A woman. With ashen grey skin and yellow eyes. He was reminded heavily of Clare, of Yomi in her demonic form. The same hunch of the shoulders, the same gravity and air of a wounded lioness. Her sword radiated the most sinister energy and the low level energy from her person told more then words ever could.

But she was crying.

And though knowing this was a bad idea, Lucifer put away his weapons and stepped forward. He knelt and after some hesitation, asked gently.

"Black Knight, why do you cry?"

She glared at him. Lucifer's mouth went dry as he saw something in those eyes. Something broken, once full of hope. Something dark that was as much a part of it, as her hands. Something utterly familiar.

In that stare, Lucifer saw himself.

Perhaps she did too as she rose to her feet and looked down at him.

saber_alter_by_10721-d4wuyoq.jpg

"For reasons of my own that don't concern you warrior. My connection to this world is gone, my dignity trampled in the dust. Used as a mere weapon, outside of the service I nominally brandish my blade. There is nothing anyone can do for me now. So leave me to my fate."

Her eyes flashed as her grip tightened on her sword.

"Or I shall spend what remainder of power I have, towards the end goal of your death."

"You threaten me with death, Lady Knight? Me?"

His mouth twitched and he laughed quietly. Low and somewhat sad as he thought back to his long career.

The Red Court War.

Fallout Prime.

Rapture and Azeroth.

He looked into her eyes as he rose to his feet and shook his head.

"Death and I are old friends. And I have seen her face, more times then I care to count. Everyone dies- What matters, is how we live."

"You think to mouth platitudes to me?!"

She was angry. Lucifer preferred it to her tears from earlier, it suited her more as she took a step forward.

"I, who am King here and after?! Were you any sort of knight and not the rabble you appeared, I would chastise you harshly in a way to make my knights tremble with fear for years!"

"Then do so."

She blinked in surprise. She wasn't the only one, Lucifer surprised at the words that came from his mouth. But he had set his course, he could only travel it now as he circled and spoke.

"Whatever happened here, you have knowledge that I wish for. You assisted those people from earlier who did this."

She nodded, once. Lucifer continued.

"So with that in mind, I challenge you. Should I win, you enter into my service. For a year and a day, I believe the terms are. To serve me faithfully and well, upon your knighthood."

Her eyes narrowed.

"And should I win? Your terms are steep, to demand the service of a king so lightly. So be it. But should I win, I will take something of lesser value....Your head. Something so empty surely could not be worth much. Oh don't worry."

She smiled and it was the smile of the lioness sighting prey.

"I will return it...In a year and a day."

Lucifers response was immediate as he nodded.

"Done. Upon my honor, it is done."

She blinked.

Wait, wat.

There was nothing but unbridled confidence, assurance that he was giving his all for a greater cause. It vexed her more then words could say as she drew her sword and prepared herself. Even weakened as she was, she would be more then a match for him. Lucifer for his part, stepped away. Off went the coat. His hat atop the pile as well. Followed by his gun belt, his additional and to her curiosity, a small, if thick book which he placed with reverence before turning to her.

In his hand, was the handle of a sword without a blade as she scowled. Did he think to mock her so, with this? She glared upwards and prepared herself. She was prepared for almost anything then. But when they charged and his empty blade suddenly produced a blinding, holy light?

She blinked.

And lost the match. Had it really been so long since she saw something like that? A personification of pure, wholehearted faith? It stirred memories of times long past, of a rule that she had long abhorred in her current state. She sighed out. It was over.

And dispelling her sword, she turned to face him. For his part, he was struck by the idle thought of how short she was compared to him. But he prevented his smile, cocking his head to the side as he let her clear her thoughts. Finally, with regal bearing she looked upwards and spoke.

"Servant Saber Alter. Summoned by the blackest arts, neither a true servant nor a heroic one. Venom is in my spirit and it will consume you in turn. I ask of you....Are you my Master?"

There was no hesitation as Lucifer responded.

"I am."

Saber Alter scoffed aloud, her scornful look a powerful thing to behold.

"You're an idiot."

Despite himself, Lucifer began to smile.

-----------

"We've lost Jinx."

"Damn shame. She was starting to grow on me. Them's the breaks though. So! What about her killer?"

"Whoever he is, hes seen us. I despise loose ends."

"Don't worry so much boys."

Claire and Locus turned to the mastermind of the prison break, as she stood over the capsule of the one they had been sent to free as she ran her fingers over the glass. Electricity crackled from her fingers as a smile flickered on her lips. That description...Those weapons. How very, very...Nostalgic. A flare of blue fire appeared in hand as she perched herself on the coffin-like container.

6f537af230ac7cc9b0ee18249fdf6cbc.jpg

"Leave the Damphir to me."

------

The Suicide Squad will return.

[Fin]​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back