Books, Stories and Tomes...

Nah i've heard of it but I never got the chance to, I'd love to give it a read though. Stephen King is a favorite of mine.

I think Desperation is better than The Regulators, but it ultimately comes down to preference because they're both fuckin' incredible.

I really want to read it now XD Stephen will always be the best to me. I first came across him when I ran out of R.L Stine books (loved him as a kid) to read. Someone recommended him to me and I've been hooked ever since.

My man! 2034 is definitely worth a read. Did you play Last Light?

Yeah, one of my favourite games, great underlying moral lessons aswell. I'm super stoked to begin reading it since I want to learn what really did happen to
Hunter after the attack on Vdnkh

(Also a fan of the Cheeki Breeki's and the immediate evacuation of stalkers)

EDIT: I learned a thing!

During my 12-hour work shifts, I tend to read online copies of Anne Rice. I love, love, love her depictions of Vampires. <3

My first girlfriend ever idolized Anne Rice. She even wanted her wedding (she always used finger quotes whenever she used the word wedding, which was super fucking irritating) to be a funeral themed, because Anne Rice apparently did that.

I never gave Anne Rice a chance, coincidentally. >_<

Howdy!
I've recently started reading "The Cursed Child" (that new Harry Potter play thing). But admittedly, it is not capturing me like the actual novels (or even movies).

Before that, I was reading a Sci-fi novel, but things happened and now I don't have it and can't remeber the name. I like Sci-fi fine, I just haven't really read it. Most of my reads seem to revolve around romance, mystery, fantasy, or all of the above, but I am pretty open to everything and have at least one favorite from every genre I'm sure.

A few I could probably re-read (or have read) multiple times (which is probably the closest to "favorites" I get) would be: "Don't Let Me Die" -Lindsey Caldwell; Harry Potter; LOTR; Pride and Prejudice; the House of Night series -P.C. Cast; "Desperation" and "Pet Sematary" -Stephen King; "Memoirs of a Geisha" -Arthur Golden; Moby Dick; Frankenstein (or any of the like); anything by Poe or Shakespeare; V.C. Andrews, Gena Showalter, and Darren Shan stuff, "Joan of Arc" -R. Pernound and M-V. Clin; and "Night" -Elie Wiesel.

During my 12-hour work shifts, I tend to read online copies of Anne Rice. I love, love, love her depictions of Vampires. <3
Anne Rice is another good one. Movies that were made weren't the most terrible book-to-movie adaptations in the world either!

:oops:I just realized this has become longer than I meant to post... so I will stop there :D

Well, I've always been a Stephen King fan with Doctor Sleep being one of my top favorite books but outside of his books, I do enjoy autobiographies and classic books like Of Mice and Men, To Kill A Mockingbird, and Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.

My guilty pleasure is the Twilight book series and no matter how old I get, I will always re-read the Dr.Suess books.

I find reading tough these days for some reason, but no worry, audiobooks to the rescue. Dresden Files by Jim Butcher in audiobook format really got me into the whole audiobook thing along with the gritty nitty lovely First Law series by Joe Abercrombie.

I love reading! I used to hate it, but my older brother coxed me into it and now i cant turn back.
I would recommend;
The Name Of The Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss
Red Rising, by Pierce Brown
The Gentlemen Bastards, By Scott Lynch

Those are just some of my favorites that i'm reading/Read recently.

The Name Of The Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss

Jesus Christ, I loved to read that when I got it in my hands. Shits dope. From this book I got my first sense of 'Perfect Characters are boring' or 'Heroes are boring'. The protagonist was always more of a gray and always out for himself. I liked that.

How was it for you?

Gonna throw something about me into the pile too while I am at it:

Uh. . . I like the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Call of Cthulhu (Collection)? That really makes out most of my style in writing. Comedic with a bit of seriousness and cosmic horror and weirdness. Sometimes a even more weird mix of it and the fascination of different realities, perceptions and views.

Some 'The Man in the High Castle' but I don't really come clear with the pace of the book or the style of writing (Damn original) so I am forcing it a bit. Oh, and Leviathan. Can't forget Steampunk with World War 1. I just like alternate and a bit silly history. I actually like very much everything silly as long as it is my silly.

Jesus Christ, I loved to read that when I got it in my hands. Shits dope. From this book I got my first sense of 'Perfect Characters are boring' or 'Heroes are boring'. The protagonist was always more of a gray and always out for himself. I liked that.

How was it for you?.

I absolutely loved it! Yhea having the protagonist as a grey character was awesome and really well done

Edit; Patrick, Where the hell is Door of Stone?

Last edited:
If it has swords, and people get stabbed with those swords, I've probably read it.
Then you need to read; Sands of The Arena, Name of The Wind, And Red Rising
Red Rising is Sci-Fi though but has sword like things

Then you need to read; Sands of The Arena, Name of The Wind, And Red Rising
Red Rising is Sci-Fi though but has sword like things

They have swords, therefore I have read them. Except Sands of the Arena. I'm not interested in reading that.

You need to read The Thousand Names.

Muskets. It's what fantasy craves.

CAN YOU READ?!

Yes?

DO YOU READ?

Yes?

Okay... good. Then this thread is for you. I'm curious on who here read or listened to a book ever so often. What type of books do you like reading? What have you read thus far? What is your favorite story and why? Why do you like reading? What got you into it? , How many books have you read within the month? And so on...

Tell us more about yourself and this sick addiction that you might have with books. This thread is, after all, a place for you to talk about it and maybe share a few good books.

Honestly, I'm obsessed with almost any type of literature. I can't see how a person can dislike reading. If a book is written correctly, it's like a movie in your head and you build relationships with the characters. The Harry Potter series are probably my favorite books because I like stories that make you feel something. And that particular series of books has made me laugh, cry, and even smile. It's just really well written.

Back