New User by the name of Jasonchu!

Jasonchu

GMing way too much~
Hello! I found this place via Google while looking for somewhere I could get advice and critiques for a specific game I have coming up that I am fully expecting to be a huge challenge, but I also wanted somewhere to make some online friends after watching a certain long-haired YouTuber's video on the subject.

The tl;dr of my profile is that I'm 31, in the US Air Force, and run various tabletop games (but not any D&D).

I started GMing with Vampire: The Masquerade back in 2005 and quickly began developing homerules to tweak, balance, and modify the game. It wasn't long after until I began getting into game creation to make my own systems, rules, and settings. I made my first tabletop game in 2008, and have since half-finished another dozen-or-so games. Unfortunately, due to enlisting in 2009 and moving around a bunch, I haven't been able to develop a strong player base that like experimenting with new systems and settings, so I've ended up running more Pathfinder and VtM (with my homerules) than I'd like. However, since 2015 I've been running something I made called Tales of Golarion, which uses all the world building that Paizo developed for their Pathfinder game, but with completely different systems and rules to better accommodate story and roleplaying over turn-based tactical combat.

Due to being located in a non-urban area of central California, 90 minutes south of San Francisco and about 6 hours north of Los Angeles, and due to all the players I've found only really being interested in D&D, I currently do all of my games online through Roll20 with players located across the continental US, but I dream of a day that I can set down roots and build a strong, local player base to do games with.

Another forlorn soul stuck running Pathfinder games on Roll20 because no one nearby wants to gather round a table. I feel ya.

Welcome to the site, jasonchu.

Another forlorn soul stuck running Pathfinder games on Roll20 because no one nearby wants to gather round a table. I feel ya.

Welcome to the site, jasonchu.
Actually I broke free of that through the development of Tales! The last 7 games I've run on Roll20 were 3 VtM and 4 Tales, and the one I just started is an epic level Tales game that I've been working on for about an year.

Back