(CANCELLED) The City of Gary

Blackstone

King of Comedy
[Content Warning] The content of this roleplay will be mature. There will be dark themes, swearing, and allusion to graphic violence and adult themes. Users who desire to adhere to very work and school friendly standards may not be comfortable participating or reading. While I will maintain a 'fade-to-black' rule of thumb for extreme violence and scenes of a sexual nature, players are not encouraged to 'take these scenes to PM.' Safety first!

Welcome to The City of Gary. . .

Gary, a city in Lake County, Indiana, lies 25 miles from downtown Chicago, Illinois and borders Lake Michigan. Since the 1930s, Gary had developed a reputation as a tough city due to rampant political corruption, racial violence and segregation, labor unrest, and industrial pollution from prominent steel mills. Owing to white flight, economic distress, and a perception of skyrocketing crime, many middle-class and affluent residents moved to other cities in the nearby metro area…

This is what those ignorant of the reality of their city see. To those Enkindled humans, either gifted or cursed with the knowledge of the truth, the city rests as an axis of the supernatural world, hosting beings of myth and legend. A fine barrier is maintained with the extra-ordinary that shields the mundane world from the brunt of the affluential powers of the Enkindled world.

Those awakened souls possess in them the ability to navigate Gary’s supernatural underworld… But to what end? Do you throw your lot in with one of Gary’s factions? Do you boldly forge your own path? Do you wish to restore peace and prosperity? Or do you seek to watch it all burn?

The Details Roleplay
The story will start, simply, with events unfolding among the supernatural community that begins to draw the notice of the big players within the city. The main drive of the story will be to forge connections within the community, uncover secrets and details of what is going on, and ultimately come to be a player in the underworld community to put your own twist on the game at hand, for better or worse. You will start as a small power within the city with some capability and knowledge of the supernatural world. Players will have the capability to choose from a few “starter factions” within the roleplay that will be listed with the opening of the OOC.

No, you will not be limited to playing a mundane human.

Players will be encouraged to play a single primary character. There will be the option to create auxiliary characters who will fill in the world and play lesser roles after primary characters have been established and accepted. World-building will be handled primary by myself, however, there will be a form in place with the roleplay to add to the established world and contribute your own ideas.

Notice: All content and characters submitted to the roleplay are subjected to use and change should you leave the roleplay. I am not saying that I will, but should your characters need to continue within the story, I reserve the right to utilize them in order to move it forward. Content may be altered in order to better fit the world and story as necessary, but I aim to keep the spirit of it alive and do justice to the creativity and efforts of the contributing player.

That said, I am looking for 5-8 players for this endeavor. If you think you would like to participate, please post your interest!

Last edited:
I think I'd really like this too, actually. What kind of 'supernatural' stuff are we talking, though? Is it just powers or are we magical creatures (ie vampires witches demons etc.)?

I think I'd really like this too, actually. What kind of 'supernatural' stuff are we talking, though? Is it just powers or are we magical creatures (ie vampires witches demons etc.)?
It would include magical creatures and stuff :D hopefully there is the opportunity to dip into different mythologies and such over time, exploring over the course of the rp

I'm watching the thread waiting for updates. Sound like a good story

Oh gosh! I really am gonna have to work more on this! I've been rather sick so everything got sidelined, and now I'm playing catch-up with life, however rest assured this project is still going to get going!

Back