New User Chesterton Trials

ShannonChesterton

Trying not to hyperventilate.
I'de like to think that experience is like a pain that should dull you to the new. I always believed that I would one day be completely numb to the idea of meeting new people. I thought I could just lean back and rely on what my old friends used to say when they said I was so friendly and outgoing. The truth is, there really is no experience that can make me completely prepared for jumping into something new.

No adventure I've taken, no tears I've shed nor replacement heart I've shoved into my chest could save me from the still pulsing adrenaline and fear that comes with putting myself out there. I'm always going to wonder if my prose is cool enough, I'm still going to grimace and wonder if my characters are boring and cringey. I'm still going to hug my arms to my chest and fall into a fetal position and wonder if I have what it takes to be mentally sane enough to bring people to my side.

Hi, I'm Shannon, and I guess that's how I've always started things off!

I work primarily as a cashier at a convenience store. I love the semblance of privacy I pretend I have but I also revel in the idea that for a few hours of my day, I get to be at the center of someone's world. I get to matter to someone because I'm what stands in the way of them eating their chocolate bar or leaving with their cigs.

When I'm not reminding myself that, in ten minutes after they leave my counter, I won't matter to every Tom, Dick and Diana that frequents my store, I write.

I like to make characters and I like to go on wild adventures! I like to experience cheesy love stories and thrilling romances. I like to watch Asian dramas and anime before telling all of my friends what I watched and marveling over it! I like to get overexcited and make spelling errors because I'm so excited to know what my partner will think about my ideas! I like to sometimes get so excited that I forget what commas are for.

I like to think that experience is like a pain that should dull me to the new.

But I know that experience is the thrill that numbs me from the regrets of the past because I know that if I keep exploring and experiencing things, I'll find that place that makes me stop looking. I hope that place is here.

I'm Shannon, please be nice to me! <3

Welcome.

You have an interesting perspective on life.
So what type of RPGs are you usually playing?

Welcome.

You have an interesting perspective on life.
So what type of RPGs are you usually playing?

I usually play games like Final Fantasy. I'm a heavy console gamer. I've also recently gotten into more modern JRPGS for the romance elements. I also really like classic fantasy like Suikoden.

Basically anything with a charming cast of characters and a nice possibility for romance gets me interested. :)

FF will always hold a special place in my heart. I've also been dabbling lately in some of the stuff I never played when it was out originally. Right now that means Wild Arms.

Also, welcome.

I want to get into that but I need money first. :>

Thanks guys, I hope things work out. <3 I've just spent the last hour looking at some of my old roleplays from 9 years ago and I'm just so excited to be here so I can pretend those never happened. XD

Hey there and welcome to Storyteller's Circle :)

Just dropping in to let you know that your account has been approved and you should now have access to all areas of the forum.

I was talking more abour what type of roleplays you play. xD

I play FF XIV and Borderlands 3 atm

I was talking more abour what type of roleplays you play. xD

I play FF XIV and Borderlands 3 atm

Oof, my bad. I saw RPG and I was immediately like, Games? I like games. XD

Eh, I bounce around really. I've done everything from expansive fantasy to like, cringey highschool romance. I really excel at 1X1 romance kind of roleplays though I think. Slice of life and drawn out drama really works for me. I can play the funny and light hearted stuff but I have a nasty habit of torturing my characters and giving them dark backstories.

I've also recently dabbled in DnD which is cool! I get too wrapped in my character's backstory though which I don't think is the point. XD

Also thank you @Toki. I'm so excited to be a part of this place. I haven't even done anything yet and I'm having fun. XD

Back