The Masquerade Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to open up this chat thread officially, :p, I think that if a clan had the Discipline of Fortitude,Protean, and Vissitude, they would be extremely tricky to kill.

*kicking myself* man, I need to get into more things like this. Fandoms (if that is the right term) are too popular to ignore!

Either way, gotta start somewhere... so about these Disciplines... I get the concept of it all, but is the point system going to be in effect or no? Just read up on them and I'll be honest, that all confused me a tad lol Not the descriptions, just how we are supposed to "earn" them and stuff. Also, Neonates would have... how many?

Mainly I ask because of her job. Either one I pick it could be useful to have an extra ability lol

To my understanding neonates get the base of 3, and disciplines, at this point, are only to add more depth and uniqueness to the characters.

I assume either taught by their sires or something like that.

Ah ok. Makes sense. I am trying to work out the history and all that for now. It is tricky trying to get a timeline down. I haven't done such a specific setting for the history before that wasn't entirely fictional. I have been googling everything in London from 1900-1930 lol

Neonate’s are granted their base Discipline abilities, as well as 10 points to allocate.

Also, I find that is probably one of the most rewarding things... seeing people who are serious about their character. Like you, studying the time-period so you may be accurate per history. Makes me happy inside. ^_^

This takes place in modern london right? also do you mind if we use fictional places in our characters bio?

Yeah, modern London was what I gathered, I just am looking up my character's history so I know her better, and just wanted to be accurate (she was born 1900)

Well my character was going to be born in the 1920'sm or so, and was going to have him be a mobster enforcer type then.

i am unsure about whether to hav my character be nosferatu or Gangral, i might go Gangrel.

Gangrai would probably give them more of a chance to be "out in the open" (as long as they didn't get too animalistic) Maybe even end up the strong arm for my character who would "rather not make the fuss" in her opinion. That is if they even mess with other clans..

Gangrai would probably give them more of a chance to be "out in the open" (as long as they didn't get too animalistic) Maybe even end up the strong arm for my character who would "rather not make the fuss" in her opinion. That is if they even mess with other clans..
They will be a Hound or former hound something like that.

This takes place in modern london right? also do you mind if we use fictional places in our characters bio?
To be honest, I don't see a need for fictional locations. There's plenty of pre-existing history to draw from for your character. But, as long as it does not conflict with the surrounding area of the current game-play setting, I don't see the harm in it.

Well my character was going to be born in the 1920'sm or so, and was going to have him be a mobster enforcer type then.

i am unsure about whether to hav my character be nosferatu or Gangral, i might go Gangrel.
If you're thinking of going with a 'mobster' type, Brujah would honestly be your best bet. That fits their role in society. Even fits their stereotype.
Brujah are the bruisers.

He will have been but the embrace changed him made him into an animal that needed caging. Also the fictional place would be in the US and be the birthplace of my charactwe.

Brujah are always fun. I plan on adding more information for each individual clan, especially Clan Weaknesses.

In Brujah's case, for example, they are more susceptible to Frenzy.

Someone could insult their mother (if that's one of their triggers) and it would send them into a Frenzy.

Once the Philosopher Kings, they are hot-headed and very, very passionate about their cause.

Speaking of weaknesses, is the one for her the same as Alex? (Forgive me, if I get names wrong atm. I am at the mother's for the holiday) or do I pick one specific to her but within the Weakness (so our whole clan has to feed from a specific source, but that source could be different for everyone?)

I am not sure, now, if you would rather have more of an animalistic nature (like nosferatu) or be able to be the more mobster character (like bruja). I may be wrong (probably) but seems like it would be a one or the other thing unless you somehow progress from one to the other throughout.. but I dont really know for sure

Speaking of weaknesses, is the one for her the same as Alex? (Forgive me, if I get names wrong atm. I am at the mother's for the holiday) or do I pick one specific to her but within the Weakness (so our whole clan has to feed from a specific source, but that source could be different for everyone?)

I am not sure, now, if you would rather have more of an animalistic nature (like nosferatu) or be able to be the more mobster character (like bruja). I may be wrong (probably) but seems like it would be a one or the other thing unless you somehow progress from one to the other throughout.. but I dont really know for sure

Weaknesses are clan specific (much like Disciplines).

Ventrue, for example, must pick a certain type to feed from.... Alexander (my Ventrue) can only feed from brunette females.
A different Ventrue may only feed from males taller than 6'0".
A different Ventrue may only feed from women with green eyes.

For a Ventrue, you just have to pick a certain "type" that you feed from... and your Ventrue character can only feed from that type of source.

This is being explained in an update I'm doing to the Clan page.

Before he was embraced he was with the irish Mob working as an enforcer type, but not an official one, he will have changed afterwards. Also what is the frenzy that is spoken of in the information?

i will be going with a Gangrel and he will have Wolven eyes so i was wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back