Commons/Crew Quarters

Andy Sterling
Workout area

Andy’s entire field of vision was suddenly filled with a bright neon orange as Imani whipped her jacket at him, sending him stumbling backwards. It took a couple of seconds of muffled screaming before he realized he was not being attacked by some strange orange creature and managed to toss it off to the side, looking up at Imani with wide eyes and awkwardly ruffled hair.

“What was that for?” he demanded, jabbing a finger at the jacket. “Gosh, it’s a good thing you didn’t have anything more dangerous on hand! Remind me to never sneak up on you when you’re cooking, I’ll end up with a chef’s knife in my eye.”

He chuckled, picking up the jacket off the ground and laying it carefully back over the arm of the treadmill. Wouldn’t that be a way to go out? Accidentally impaled by a startled chef at the bottom of the sea? That’d be one for the record books, for sure.

“Hey,” he said, “is it just me or is Navarro super possessive about the stuff here. Acting like he owns the place. I don’t know about you, but I didn’t see his name on that sub.”

Juno O’Sullivan
Commons

Juno rose an eyebrow, taking another bite of the salad. She had nothing in particular to say to that. They brought researchers down for a single reason. Maybe Navarro needed a reminder. Then again, he is her boss, and this was probably just him venting. The Engineer finished the rest of her food, washing it down with the rest of her drink.

“Well, to be fair I wouldn’t be able to understand what they were saying. I’m only good at my job. Just as they’re good at their jobs. That’s the sole purpose they were brought down here, no?” Juno retorts, getting up from the stool to clean her dishes in the sink. Afterward, she placed a hand on his shoulder and gave it a firm squeeze before letting it go. Despite not knowing how to properly console anyone, Juno found it easier to give a simple gesture to show she understood.

“Just a suggestion, Navarro. Check up on ‘em if you want to know what they’re up to. I’ll be back up in Ops.” She adds before leaving Commons altogether and back up to Ops.

Back