Conley Brothers

Kazimir led her out and walked around the wagon to where Vladimir had both unicorns tied to the side. Vlad had left them for a moment to fetch something, and the two powerful equines turned their heads to eye Camilla expectantly. They knew Camilla meant treats and attention!

Camilla smiled "well hello my lovelies" she walked over and pulled the apples from her bag and brought them over. She had yet to ride either of them. Vlad had offered but there just never seemed to be a good moment

The unicorns whickered excitedly and pulled lightly on their leads. Regina went first, of course, being the alpha of the pair, and lightly plucked the apple from Camilla's hand, her velvety lips brushing Camilla's palm.

Vlad walked back around the wagon and smiled. "Ah! Camilla. Spoiling my team, I see," he teased lightly.

Now that Camilla was distracted, Kazimir went back into the wagon to see Spectra.

Camilla smiled and stroked Reginas neck with her other hand "always" said said with a light chuckle "they deserve it"

Spectra was sitting on the edge of thr basket when he came back in "Kaz hi" she smiled snd fluttered down to land on his shoulder

Negru nudged Camilla's shoulder hopefully until Regina flicked her ears warningly at him. He backed off, but the black stallion still watched eagerly.

"Yes, they certainly do, especially for putting up with each other," Vlad agreed with a chuckle. He started brushing out Negru's coat. "Are you here for a riding lesson?"

~~

"Good morning, Spectra!" Kazimir greeted her in delight, holding still so he would not unbalance her. "Oh, I am sorry. It's A... um... Ana? I am sorry. I forgot your new name."

Camilla went to Negru after a moment of attention gor Regina and gave him his treat "riding lessons? Really?" She brightened "you sure there is time for that?" She would love to of course but didn't want to be in the way

--

Spectra chuckled "Ana" she confirmed "and it's temporary anyway so don't worry" she said, fluttering her wings

"I would say there are about fifteen minutes or so, and I would not wish to tire you out on your first ride, anyway," Vlad smiled. "Are you prepared?"

~~

Kazimir giggled as Spectra's wings tickled his cheek. "I like you this size! You are positively adorable," he told her frankly. "I wish I could take you around like this, but others would probably notice and ask questions." He sighed in disappointment.

Camilla grinned "yes definitely. Finished my rounds and everything" it was good to see her excited about things again. For awhile there it wasn't looking so good.

-

"Well I won't have to hide for long. Felix can't remain in power. For everyone's sake and whence we are free of him I can do as I will again"

Vlad could not help chuckling and nodded. "Let me saddle Regina. It will only take a moment." He turned away and soon had a saddle and blanket. The golden unicorn stood still as he saddled her then slipped on the bridle. He did not ride either of them much, but Regina seemed fond of the exercise. She followed him as he led her out into the open area then gestured to Camilla to join him. "Do you know how to mount?"

~~

"Have you thought up amazing, spectacular plan for bringing down tyrant?" Kazimir asked brightly.

She nodded "Yes. I've ridden horses a few times...when I was little" still she needed a little help to boost up but she got into the saddle fairly easily. Riding like a man as she was wearing trousers as useual and had never ridden side saddle like a lady

"There you are," Vlad smiled, making certain she was well settled. Regina shifted her weight slightly but did not move until Vlad led her forward. "Once you feel more secure in the saddle, I'll give you the reigns," he told Camilla. "Try not to touch the saddle with your hands. Balance in the stirrups and feel the rhythm."

She nodded to his instruction and after feeling balanced enough she let go of the saddle horn "like this?" She did wabble a little but was managing pretty well actually

V was watching from the shadows again. Not interacting just observing

"There you go, not bad!" Vlad praised as he walked Regina around in a wide circle. The unicorn felt Camilla's uncertainty and stepped lightly and carefully to help her rider stay on. Vlad walked Regina around twice before bringing her to a stop and handing Camilla the reigns. "Here, hold them like this. Light but firm. Do not pull too hard. Only the lightest of touches is needed to steer her."

She nodded to what he said, taking the reins "good girl" she patted the unicorns neck gently before nudging her forward and using the reins carefully as she had been told

Regina stepped out confidently, arching her neck and basically showing off as she carried her rider around. She obeyed the reigns, but it was clear she knew what she was doing.

Vlad smiled and stepped back near the shadows, watching them both. He trusted Regina to keep Camilla safe, but things could and often did go wrong to some degree. Negru tossed his head and whickered, complaining that he was stuck in one spot while Regina got to play.

Camilla seemed thrilled, a light in her eyes that had been missing for awhile. It was a good sign she would pull through the hardships that were coming

"I do not understand this" V said from the shadows

Vlad turned, not fully surprised to see her. "Good morning. What is it you do not understand?" he asked politely, tipping his head slightly. "I could teach you to ride, if you would like, but it is difficult to find time during the busy season."

"The relationship.." V clarified "what do you and she gain by this?" She asked, studying Vlad carefully. She had never known true friendship but found tolerance akin to acceptance with Marcel and his people

Vlad studied her a moment before turning to watch Camilla again. "Friendship is a relationship that is for... companionship. Comfort. Joy. Someone who accepts you even if they do not always agree with you, and someone who will stand by your side if you face hardships."

Camilla seemed to be having a very good time and doing well with Ragina

V listened to his explanation, her brow furrowed slightly "I don't know what that is like" she admitted

Back