Conley Brothers

It took a few moments before he crawled back out again and crouched near the edge of the blanket, eyes on Vlad for a moment before he dared snatch a piece of bacon and jump back. The boy waring nothing but a scrap of cloth around his waste.

Vlad didn't move or twitch as he watched the unicorns graze. He ate his single egg and bacon slowly, humming softly. Negru looked up at the sudden movement and watched them suspiciously for a bit.

He munched on the bacon, finding it good he edged forward a bit, glanced at Vlad then sat, mimicking his behavior "good food.." he said quietly, watching Vlad as he used a fork. He picked his up in a fist, awkward with the long claws he had

Vlad glanced at him and smiled. "Thank you. I am glad you like it." He ate a few more bites then indicated the unicorns with his fork. "The black one is Negru. That means Black. He thinks you are very interesting. The golden one is Regina. That means Queen. She is more interested in seeing how much grass she cab eat."

He looked at the unicorns, tilting his head, tail twitching a moment before he looked back at vlad "starnacht" he said, indicating himself "mean star night" he said proudly as if he had given himself that name. And it suited. He was so black like the night sky but pale white dot patterns across his body like stars and his eyes bright like stars too

"Starnacht," Vlad smiled. "That is a truly magnificent name! My name is Vladimir, but most call me Vlad. You may call me Vlad if you would like." He smiled at the little one, already fond of him. Curse his sentimental heart! He just hoped the twins were still busy wreaking havoc elsewhere and wouldn't scare this little Stary Night away.

"Vlad" he repeated the name and smiled again, rows of sharp teeth. Of he didn't seem so innocent he could be seen as terrifying but he was just a boy, likely on his own by the way he was dressed and malnourished, his main tangled mess and of course just the rags to wear. "What this place?" He asked, English not his first language, thick and German accented voice no question about that. His name clwarly German too.

It was not the twins who came by though but Chibale or Chib as those friendly with him had nicknamed him since he arrived. Same time as Adanya but much more sociable than she was. He carried a bale of feed over one shoulder and carried a bucket of grain in his other hand. No doubt Adanya had sent him over with the unicorns food while she fed her other animals.

A red panda lounged lazily over his other shoulder munching some fruit. She wasn't of course just any panda. She was the fire to Chibs ice, charged with teaching him the ropes of the circus as well as preforming together, a delightful fire and ice act. They had since become good friends. The panda a shape shifter and elemental from China.

"Vlad my friend. Where do you want this mm?" He asked, voice not as deep as one might expect from him.

Starnacht was quick to scramble back under the cart again and watch from there where he deemed it safe.

Ling noticed the strange shadow boy and stopped her munching to watch where he went

Last edited:
Vlad forced himself not to look after Starnacht. "Thank you, Chibale," Vlad said warmly. "And good day to you, Ling. Thank you for bringing the unicorns some extra nourishment. If you could place it there next to the wagon, I shall divvy it out between them. This place has very good grass, so they shall need much hay."

Chib set the bale and grain down "Adanya insisted" he rolled his shoulders a little, disturbing Ling who remained in her panda form, she didn't often take her human form except to preform or practice.

"Who was your little friend there?" He had noticed Starnacht too. Invisible in shadow but stood out in the sunlight

"He is Starnacht, a visitor to my humble abode," Vlad said calmly. "I was quite enjoying chatting with him, but it appears he had elsewhere to be. I do hope he will return." He did not want to give away too much information just yet - not that he had much to give.

Chib gave an understanding nod "well. Enjoy the rest of your breakfast Vlad. Starting rehearsal in an hour"

Felix liked to warm everyone up with a practice show before they put on the real one, refreshing everyone's memories

Vlad inclined his head. "I shan't be late! Thank you to you both for coming out this way, and please thank Adanya for me." He hesitated a moment. "I do not suppose you have seen the twins around, have you?"

He shook his head "sorry friend. I haven't seen them today" he answered "If I see them shall I being them back to you?"

"Yes, please, but I shall go looking for them soon so they will not miss practice," Vlad sighed. He shook his head. "Those two are harder to keep track of than how many outfits Leon has."

Chib snorted at the comment "I don't think he ever wears the same outfit more than once" he smiled, of course he'd never say as much to Leon or Felix but it was true enough from his perspective anyway.

Ling was more interested in her fruit. Not that she didn't care exactly just more of a listener than someone who engaged.

Vlad chuckled softly. "I do believe I have seen him change outfits in the middle of the day," he commented. "I wonder how he fits them all in his wagon even with an expanding spell." He looked up at Ling and smiled. "I have an apple I meant to give you when I saw you."

He laughed at that "probably throws away after they are used" he said shaking his head

Ling lifted her head and stuffed the rest of her pear into her mouth then held out her little hands.

"Don't be rude Ling" she stopper and looked at his with narrow eyes but not very intimidating with her fluffy face as she chewed the last of her pear

Vlad smiled and rose. "I will be right back." He walked into the wagon and fetched two apples from his tiny stash of fruits. Fruit did not travel easily. He brought them out and set one next to the other plate then stepped around the blanket to hand the other to Ling, holding it on the flat of his hand. "Here you are, Miss."

Ling gave him a nod of thanks as she sccepted the apple. She could not form human words in this form but it was clear she was pleased with the little gift.

"You're very thoughtful Vlad" Chib said

"It is no trouble," Vlad smiled. "It is always a pleasure to see you both. Ling, I quite like the look. It suits you."

Back