New User Don't get too excited, it's just me.

Red Thread Fate

Your semi-friendly neighborhood wall dweller. You can call me Red. The idea behind the name is a combination of things. The Jericho woman from the Bible, and the legend of the Red String of Fate. Been thinking that not enough is known about this woman, but that she would definitely make a good character base in other genres. I don't own it, but the picture shouted determined but suspicious survivor to me. That's just the kind of characters I love to write.

I'm 31, happily married, and I love to write. In spurts. Let me get that out of the way first. I will probably disappoint you or forget what we were doing at some point. This is just a forewarning. Roleplaying is a hobby and a way to pass the time for me. I don't have much time to myself or many creative outlets. But I will not write something I am uncomfortable with, and I will try... TRY... to let you know if my muse is slipping or I need to take a break. But sometimes, I'll be honest, I'm just not up to telling someone that I can't do it. It's a flaw, and I know it's annoying, but I'm working on it.

So, why am I here? Quite frankly, it was time to sneak away as quietly as possible without hurting too many feelings. I guess some here can relate who have been on other roleplaying sites before. I enjoy writing. I enjoy writing with others. But when it feels forced, or like a job, I'm out.

What do I write? Well, not as wide a range as I used to. I'm not going to say, "up for anything," because I'm not. Sweeping fictions with deep engrossing worlds are not my thing anymore. I like a relatively simple plot to plop down into, with just enough familiarity that it feels cozy but just enough plot that it holds my interest. I do fantasy. I do sci-fi in its various forms. I do romance. I do dark. I do familiar stories with a twist. I don't like too much slice of life. I don't care if there's supernatural or magic involved, if it devolves into what our characters are having for dinner or what they are getting at the grocery store, hard pass from me. And no schools. No type of school. Not ever. No thank you. I prefer romance to smut, although both together can be fun sometimes. Just, in a nutshell, nothing overly complicated.

And please no fandom/canon stuff. Please? I've been down that road one time too many. People get butt hurt when their dream world's plot goes off in a new direction. But isn't that the whole point of creative writing? Plus, in case I haven't stressed it enough already, I HATE feeling like I'm working when I write. If you send me links, I'm not going to read them. This is a hobby, not a pop quiz. If you can't explain a concept to me in a sentence or two and feel you must instead send me to a wiki page... Sorry, not sorry, bye.

On the subject of links. I do not have an f-list. I will not go off site with you to a chatroom or anything of the sort. I will not exchange email addresses. Don't ask. I like my privacy. Respect that. If you can't then you are not worth my time.

I hope I didn't scare you away. You're talking to someone who has been burnt and burnt out more than once. But I love to write and I love character and world building. I love moments of collaboration when it just turns out perfect. I also love the awkward confusing moments that turn out hilarious or beautiful anyway. And I hope I can share some of those moments with you.

Welcome to STC! You'll find there are a lot of writers here who are in a similar life situation (like me!) so I'm hoping this will be a good writing home for you. Be sure to check out the Bulletin Board area to see what ideas folks are floating looking for partners or groups to create and let me or anyone else on the staff know if you have any questions!

Back