Drakel's Draconic Archive

59.jpg

In appearance the Kitsune are very fox-like in appearance, having many traits that're relative to foxes, including some heightened senses like a higher dim-light vision, the ability to hear and smell farther distances and even are considerably more faster and acrobatic than humans. This however comes with a slight cost of their bones being much weaker in comparison and their general lack of strength do to them praising speed and agility over it. They also often have multiple tails, having anywhere from one to nine tails total. Males are often born with a wide number of tails, though most commonly having anywhere from four to nine tails while females tend to have only three or less. This is partly because males have longer but slimmer tails while females have large, bushy tails. The Kitsune are capable of breeding with other races, though over four fifths of the births tend to be stillborn rather than fully developed and living child. Those that're born successfully will always be born a Kitsune kit, though with less tails than the father/mother Kitsune, with one being the bare minimum. Thus it's more easier and beneficial to just breed with other Kitsune since there is a higher survivability rate.

The Kitsune all currently live in their own villages and towns within the Kingdom of Dreams. Each of these villages or towns named after a 'house', and each 'house' is all considered one family. While they do try not to breed with their own blood, they do tend to breed with others within their village, and thus mistakes do tend to happen. Every Kitsune has a personal name, which is their identifier and their house name, which is their 'family' name. Every house is lead by a nine-tail Kitsune and only one. Some towns have more than one 'house' within them but the land of the town is separated equally and fairly between each house. When a house has no nine-tail leading it, that house is considered to be dying and thus weak until a nine-tail is miraculously born from that house. As such it is void of the treaty of houses and thus will have everyone in it attacked and slaughtered by the other houses to create a huge feast and festival, for there will be no weakness within the Kitsune.

As stated before, Kitsune society is governed by houses, each have their own rules and convents, though in general they're all similar in one very important way. They all follow a class system in where the more tails a Kitsune has, the higher social standing he/she will have and thus the more 'pure' or 'regal' they are. One to three tails are often slave or peasant tails, being Kitsune of the lowest standards and thus treated like trash or slaves. Four to six tails would be more commoner or middle class citizen, being held in higher standard and treated with fair amount of respect as they're viewed as the 'working class'. Seven to nine tails are royalty, spiritual leaders, or lords. This class system in turn puts female Kitsune at a huge disadvantage in the class system as they're viewed as slaves of the home for the most part and treated as trash due to the simple number of tails they have. Only in strange exceptions are female Kitsunes anything more than slaves for cleaning or pleasure. To make matters worse the Kitsune do all practice polygamy and the freedom to treat the lesser tails living within their home however they'd wish.

Even if they're treated like such, there is no technical 'slave' in Kitsune society as they all belong to the same house and thus the same family, so it is more acceptable and there are ways for the 'servant class' to leave an abusive home to live in another, better one so long as it's within the same village or 'house' and if it ever does reach the daimyo, or the nine-tail Kitsune, they may even task the servant tailed Kitsune to a more... public task that benefits the whole 'house' with their servitude.

The Kitsune males tended to be the most violent, especially against one another. They used to live in a society where killing your enemy, theft and murder were all acceptable. Eventually however they came under realization that it'd be better to preserve every body they possibly could so they could continue to be of use and to continue contributing to the house. Eventually it was agreed by all the daimyo that they would ban and disapprove any more bloodshed unless in the most extreme of cases. Rather any quarrel a Kitsune may have with another would be settled in a combat duel, in which the winner would take half of the other's property, and the loser looses all their tails till they are then a 'servant tail' in which they're to be tasked as a pleasure slave for public use of all the house's higher ranking (4+ tails) Kitsune, a fate more shameful than death, but also more useful in times of desperate need like war. The rules of the duels are rather simple as well. No killing the opponent, only the two combatants can fight within the duel, and no lesser class Kitsune can challenge those with more tails than them.

Finally the Kitsune tend to be very spiritual, focusing more on self spirituality rather than the gods themselves, even ignoring them and their existence as anything more than "they're just there." Death is seen as neither good nor bad, but rather just a thing of nature and thus a part of a greater balance that must eventually happen and be accepted. They do know that 'heaven' is from above and as such, rather than bury their dead they create tall wooded structures that hold bamboo 'beds' in which the corpses lay upon, rotting in plain sight and getting eaten by the animals of the sky, as is nature's way. This is mainly done to make passing on into the next life easier for spirits rather than harder. Because of this though, their villages, towns and the like all are surrounded by the smell of death from the visibly rotting corpses, or they at least have a designated area for such that's forever stained with the scent of death.

Name: Kosuke of house Murakami
Sex: Male
Appearance:
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 140
  • Eyes: Orange Right eye, White left eye
  • Fur: Light-tan back with a white stomach
Appearance: (Detailed) Kosuke maintained his slim or slightly toned physique partly due to his faster metabolism and his constant practice training in his form. For forty years of age he has the perfect body for a duelist of five feet, six inches in height. His long tan and white furry ears are probably the most noticeable detail of him, being almost one and a half feet long themselves. His Light-tanned back added with his snow white stomach is patterned with red swirls, dots and symbols that are stained onto his fur. His heterochromia iridum eyes means that they're both completely different colors; his right being orange and his left being a silvery-white color. His long muzzle has light-tan fur on top and white under his chin, and behind him are seven big bushy tails that're very well groomed, each similar where the tops are very light tan and the bottoms are white, with exception of the tips of the tail, in which each are black.

Background Choice:

Foreigner from a Foreign Land: You are from a distant, foreign land, far, far to the south. You were banished from your old home, or, you chose to leave it voluntarily without any chance of returning, for your journey took you across the Swamps of Time. You saw aberrations there, many terrible dangers, and the signs of several others who had died trying to make the trip. Through sheer luck, you made it to this foreign land, in search of a legendary kingdom known as Renalta, only to discover that it was gone. A thousand years gone. You despair, knowing that there is no other place for you. For your foreign tongue, your foreign face, your foreign weapons and clothes... Only for a King’s Ranger to see you despairing alone. He taps you on the shoulder, and upon hearing your story, tells you of a single survivor—a legendary princess, who now needs your help...
  • Prerequisites: Be Human. Ethnicity: Asian. (edit 'or Kitsune')
  • Limit: 3.
  • Note: You come from an Asian culture (primarily inspired from a mix of Japan and China), and as such, your weapons, clothes, language, and mannerisms are foreign.

Motivation:
He has a desire to start a tribe within Renalta, and came to Renalta to do such within it's plains. When he learned the state or Renalta, he decided to help her to earn that honor. There is also the motivation that, because the gods attacked Renalta for such a petty reason, they might attack his own people, or any other at any given moment as well. Thus the gods mist die for his people, and all other peoples to be safe in his eyes.

Biography:
"Kon'nichiwa.

Do not fret, I mean you no harm child of Renalta nor will I stay long. I know I look weird to you, and I wear foreign clothes, but that is nothing to fear. You're not like the others though, you're indeed a brave one. For your bravery, if you'd like, I can tell you a tale... my tale."

"Okay... When I was a young kit, no older than you I lived in a land far, far away, past the Swamps of Time. This land was called the Kingdom of Dreams. There I lived in a large village made of long grass, branches of wood and the white stone houses. Imagine it, large villages full of other Kitsune, living together in peace."

"Yes, indeed. The men were great, skilled duelists and powerful warriors and the women and slaves were either cleaning or in the kitchen cooking, as they should be."

"Anyways, when I was a young kit, like many others I dreamt of the land outside of my village, and imagined myself as a great nine-tail, the highest of royalty and as such, a leader of my own House. Of course, having my own doll of the great princess of Renalta, Kouri while I was a kit never helped my father and slave-caretakers much with it either. In fact, mine was just like your very own. Heh, I guess the Kouri plushie lives on."

"As I was saying young Ko, this desire drove me as I grew older. When I reached my later years I became next to Royalty due to my 7 tails, and thus I owned a beautiful stone house with six breeding servants and I had many guards who'd protect me from the lesser folk at all times. I even became a masterful duelist, teaching my daimyo's children how to arm and defend themselves. Even so, my curiosity of the world outside was never satisfied and only grew, and the way I fought showed it. Thirty-seven and three-quarters duels were won by me and still I couldn't be satisfied. As I knew I wanted a village of my own.'

I was a fairly good acquaintance to my daimyo and thus I began talking with him about the possibility of me rising and expanding the house name into Renalta, letting your people have a taste of the greatness of what the Kingdom of Dreams has to offer. Even talk of creating a portal to connect the two tribes was being made. In reward I'd be allowed to become an eight tail, a gift from the daimyo himself. The cost however, was that to do this mission I'd need permission from princess Kouri to create a tribe in her lands and then return home, going through the Swamps of Time twice, and still live. An impossible task if I ever heard of such myself."

*Sighs*

"Indeed, I did leave my home, as it was my duty to take five scrolls to the princess alone in order to become the eight tail. I journeyed through the swamps of time alone, and the horrors that I saw there could never be compared to anything I've ever, nor will ever see. The swamps had me face dangers that most would've died from, and yet by luck and skill I survived as I avoided them and tracked more carefully than the many, many other's whose corpses surrounded the lands, some I even recognized. When I reached the land of Renalta, I was almost in tears for finally being in a safer place than I I was for the long journey I had in those swamps. I was at peace for the first time since a very, very long time."

"Haha... Indeed, I did almost kiss the very ground I stood on when I first reached the lands of Renalta. The first thing I did, however was spend time for myself to regain the inner peace and meditate, in which I spent almost a whole day doing before continuing my way in search for the nearest Izakaya to start my journey towards the great city where the princess would be found. I struggled for some time, this land's tongue was far more different than the one I grew up with and so I was lost and only by accident did I find one. '

There I spent my night and learned just how much of a foreigner I was. No one who knew about my land, my culture, my race or even my language and the most stared at me for one reason or another, as though they never met Kitsune before. I as alone. After spending the night there for free, don't ask why for it's quite the story itself, I started making my way towards the great city of Renalta, the home of Princess Kouri. After a few days though I was ambushed.

Free Hold slavers found that a foreigners made excellent prizes that would fetch a fine price, and one being a Kitsune would make all the better of a... pet for lords whom are high in wealth. Before I could even pick my sword a net was around me and before I could react accordingly they had me. If I was even more on guard that wouldn't have happened, but it did... and I thank their spirits for it."

"Love is an interesting thing child, for no matter how much the Kami may try and meddle with it, it will always find it's way. Often times in the most unusual of places."

"I was a virgin, thus touching me would ruin my price. Me being untouched did come with the cost of the other slaves, some were even young and virgins themselves and others fought and denied it, either way, they soon learned their place. I'm a Kitsune after all, a seven-tail at that, thus I wasn't going to let them dare touch me when the pig-skins could play with filthy peasants.'

For about two weeks I was even tied down to my own special horse, unable to be free or move and far away from the other slaves, more for their protection than my own. I watched helplessly as they defiled the last things I had of my homeland constantly and teased me like I was some form of single-tailed slave. Maybe to them I was. Tch...'

By the end of the second week, there was a battle going on and the slavers soon died one by one. There I met my personal hero of that day, Fischer. A strong crude man in his own right and a skilled mercenary who was sent by contract to kill the slavers, and in turn he freed me and the other slaves. After reacquiring my own things again, I properly thanked him. In my culture when you're given great help you're then in a debt, and thus I insisted to join him and provide my own services for my freedom.'

As we worked together I found quite a lot of interest in the man. The way he fought, the way he talked, the way he... err... right. Anyways, we soon grew very accustomed to eachother's company. Though it wasn't until he became my kobito months after freeing me where we became far more intimate, and while he may have preferred it in private, I preferred our love to be more public.'

The more our love grew, the less and less he desired danger and the thrill of being a mercenary. I became his only source of living and he was mine. Things did become stale for a bit, despite how passionate our love was we needed to do something as well. So after he somehow managed to get a copper mine in his hands, I began a habit of reading to better learn of this 'new world' that I found myself in. It was when my kobito told me exactly where his mine was that god me excited as I was ready to finally complete my duty. When I expressed this however, he brought only the worst possible news... And I was crushed.'

Renalta was destroyed for a thousand years or more, and it's princess was long since gone. The great city fell because of the Kami's wrath. The quest I was sent here for, the duty I swore to do and the knowledge that I probably wouldn't be able to make it back to my home, and thus many others, for the next thousand years may die trying to do what I came here to do, only to ind that their own duty was forsaken. I couldn't have wished a worse curse for my people, even if I tried. The level of distraught that I felt could not be quenched. I refused to even believe the words that came from my own lover... but when he showed me, I learned that it was no trick or lie to keep me here with him, but the truth. I owed him far more than simple apologies, and even more thanks for caring as I broke down in belief of my failure. Every month I'd go to the mines just to see the ruins of Renalta, as it was the deepest of sounds that I've felt.'

There I met my destiny through meeting one of the King's Rangers themselves... And while the reason they sought me is a secret that I can not tell, there is still, and will always be hope. And remember, that even myths can be real, for you're speaking to what was once believed to be one as well. I'm not some trickster, thief nor did I eat you little one. No matter what others may say, you know the truth. I'm not so bad, arrogant and possibly even clumsy or love struck, but honor and pride are also both things I am too. along with whatever else you may believe young one."

*As the Kitsune gets up and walks, a satchel with visible scrolls could be seen.*

"I must go now, for it is time for me to leave young child. But remember, you met a seven-tail Kitsune. Feel pride in that and bring good words for my name... Oh, and make sure your sister and mother are keeping your father happy and your house clean. It's their jobs after all."

Strengths:
  • Kitsune Biology: Being a Kitsune has some perks in and of itself. They're naturally faster, have very good dim-light vision, can hear and smell good and are very agile. This gives them slight natural advantages over many other races.
  • Survivalist: Having lived through the Swamps of Time, he learned many survival skills that're useful in keeping himself alive in the wilderness and in tough environments. Spotting and avoiding danger, hunting, spotting natural resources, purifying water and more.
  • Eye for Weakness: As a duelist he has learned how to spot the weaknesses of those he fights and how to get to said weaknesses quicker than most.
  • Untouchable: Being faster and more agile than his opponents is his key to dueling. Jumping over opponents or being just fast enough to dodge their attacks helps a lot in preventing some serious harm, and being behind them or being fast enough to get the much needed edge also helps in taking down single targets in a duel.
  • Master Duelist: Due to spending most of his life focused in the art of dueling, facing off many opponents and even teaching others in the art, he learned how to utilize long and short blades to the greatest efficiency in one on one fights. Almost to where he is near unbeatable in such fights unless facing opponents of equal or superior skill. Though this comes at the great cost of "The flaw of Dueling".
Weaknesses:
  • Just Strong Enough: He's only strong enough to do what he needs to get done, which is stab through weak points he spots. Besides that, he's relatively weak and much more frail than most others. Strong hits could severely harm him, Grapples (when successful) are near impossible for him to escape and traps that require some strength to escape from tend to be something that he'll need help for.
  • The flaw of Dueling: His combat is focused on defeating individuals rather than large groups, and thus they're designed for such. Meaning that when fighting more than a single opponent, his tactics will likely fail and he will severely struggle in the fight.
  • Misogynist: Yep. He said it. Women are equal to slaves and thus need to go back to the kitchens and be good baby makers as they were born to be. Or that is what his culture has taught him due to the classist society he lived in. It was already a hard lesson, taught by Fischer that there was even such a thing as a powerful, independent woman and how to be tolerant of them... that won't stop this fox from reminding her her place is cleaning.
  • Love is Foolish: Kosuke's relationship with Fischer is quite a strange one though still a very strong and powerful one. These two near opposites definitely are attracted to one another and both complete the other. Kosuke's love for the human is so great that should Fischer ever fall into mortal danger, (even minor ones at times) the Kitsune will lose all tact and do whatever it would possibly take to save his lover, even at cost of his own life.

Domains of Magic: None
Equipment:
  • 1 Kitsune-crafted steel Scimitar ~ A steel scimitar with a thin, long blade with a slight decoration on swirly symbols on it. The guard has a Z shape, covering his hand when needed and trap another weapon with the blade and the handle.
  • 2 Kitsune-crafted steel Tantō ~ Steel daggers, both simple in design. This long dagger is well decorated and razor sharp. It's guard is round with a simple swirly symbol decoration. The handles are also both red.
  • 6 Kitsune-crafted Throwing knives ~ Simple steel throwing knives with slight swirly symbol decorations on them.
  • Leather Armour
  • Silk Clothing
  • Satchel with 5 scrolls in it.
  • Horse
    • Flint & Tinder
    • Flask of water
    • Meat Rations - 2 weeks
    • Hunting bow
    • Skinning knife
    • Cooking pan
    • Sharpening stone
    • Cloth for blade cleaning
    • Book: Easy Renaltan Recipes
    • Tent
    • Large Bed-roll for 2
    • Ryuta (A flute of sorts)

Other: Kosuke at times would play his flute for Fischer and also loves listening to poetry and music, though he tend to play more traditional songs from his home. He is also learning to cook himself, only really knowing the very basics.

Signature: Drakel

Pilot
Name: Jackson Michael (Puff Pimp Daddy, Lucky Jack) Rose
Appearance:
A rugged sloth of a blue and green eyed Caucasian man. Jackson stands about 6'7 and weights around 175lb. He tends to keep brown hair in dreads with metal silver, decorative rings. He does have some small scars but most aren't visible. He is a well toned build, mainly due to doing parkour as an past-time. His left arm is of the top of the line cybernetic tech, appearing in slick shining metals and all appearing highly decorative despite still being high functioning. His arm has 5 digits as finders and the middle and ring fingers both have gold and sapphire rings.

a0edf33592fd261c8a9585bd0cace75c.jpg

Biography: In the past he was pretty much living as some poor loser. Living with his mother and constantly surviving off of his welfare income, buying food, utilities and the like while working some odd jobs around the area he lived in, in effort to get some extra money. Like every other dead beat, he wasted that extra money he earned from those odd jobs on the housing bills and more importantly some herb or drugs, along with the occasional lottery ticket. On one lazy day, while smoking a good blunt with friends, Jackson was wearing a common, cheap and even cracked pair of Virtual Display Glasses, watching the lottery, expecting to lose like normal until he heard the numbers. "4, 20, 32, 7, 317, 14 annnd... 117!". Those were exactly his numbers, in that very order and in that day his life changed, winning 30 mil, 15 of which he instantly used in the black market to create a custom Oni classed mech.

In that day Jackson's life changed and for the next 12 years he lived in luxury, having hired a financial adviser to make sure he stayed rich. For the next 10 years he replaced his 'bad arm' with a high tech cybernetic arm, got himself some very flashy things, played quite a lot with his mech, and took lots and lots of drugs. Eventually, paradise did finally end as he was slowly almost out of his money and as such, with his big new mech that he got accustomed to really well, he decided to join the company of Easy Money in effort to make more cash and pay off some bills and taxes that he missed for 10 years.

Strengths:
  • Lucky #7 ~ Luck seems to almost always be on his side since he won the lottery and when any number is visible that was on his lottery ticket (or looks like it, like 420 rather than 4, 20) is around, he's likely going to have a very magical time.
  • I got what you're looking for! ~ For some reason, when in times of desperate need Jack tends to somehow finds what is needed out of either coincidence. Though it might just be him forgetting he got it.
  • Hit this good shit! ~ Jack has all sorts of drugs and herbs at almost ALL times, often smoking them in great quantities. As such he's always overly relaxed and can even boost the party's moral greatly by having the shit they'd like.
  • Time to run! ~ When out of his mech he is skilled in running through obstacles with ease and can even run and jump through areas and in ways that most people can't as though it was natural.
  • Not dumb, just REALLY High. ~ An odd characteristic, Jackson is much more intelligent than he carries himself out to be. Enough to repair his own mech, use the guns it holds and look up anything that he doesn't already know that was saved in his VDG's archives.
Equipment:
  • 3 Gold and diamond plated 9mm pistols each with a word written on the handle in diamonds (Puff, Pimp, Daddy)
  • Frag and incinerary grenades
  • A Repair kit
  • Personal Magboots
  • bottles of Liquor of different types with mixers. (in Mech)
  • Cocaine (In Mech)
  • 'The Gasmask" (In Mech)
  • "A fancy glass vase' (In Mech)
  • Different types of smokeable 'herb' (in Mech)
  • The best shrooms ever. (In Mech)
  • Packets of cigs. (In Mech)
  • Newest and highest quality of VDGs with saved manuals, videos and more added onto it for his entertainment.
  • His Arm: This 6 digitted arm can split into 2 3 digited thinner arms. It's highly decorated and is silvery in appearance. It is also double jointed, allowing for movement that're unnatural for most other arms. To help things out, they come with an unconscious auto-aim system connected to a chip in his brain since he's too naturally incompetent to do such.
Armor
Name: Hotbox
Variant: Oni
Appearance: Hotbox is the newest creation of military tech that money can buy. Standing 12.5 feet tall and weighs over 2.5 tons. It is quite bulky in it's own right with quite a good sum of armor to protect the rider sitting inside. Jack customized his entire ride to fit his design perfectly, having it to where only he could properly drive it since only he has three arms. Inside is a seat with several controls for Jack, along with what appears to be a mini bar on the side with plenty of storage for almost any drug Jack may feel like taking. Of course his mech's interior was designed for luxury, but even so he did make sure he didn't come in armed. Having 4 arms which hold 2 Multi-Purpose plasma shooters and 2 50.Cal Heavy machine guns with incendiary bullets along with 4 more arms that carry a flame thrower, 2 grenade launchers, and an LMG. on the back is a large 'box' which moves down between the mech's legs, revealing a very large and long plasma cannon that when fully charged shoots out a large ball of pure plasma at whatever is in the way. Of course like everything else, Jack made sure his mech was highly decorated, but not enough to where being scratched would matter. On the back of the mech are two large thrusters, propelling the big bulky mech forward or allowing it to fly around in space, as does it have 2 maglock boots. The entire mech has a shiny silver and gold sheen with blue and green decals all around it with the bullet proof, thick glass having a dark red and blue darkener so the fire of the plasma or flamethrower won't hinder his visibility. The legs are digiterigrade, allowing more stability on the mech and if needed they can 'lock' or 'pin' the mech onto the ground to keep stability in combat.

Armament:
  • 1 Plasma Cannon (Heavy)
  • 2 Multipurpose Plasma Throwers, sprays out plasma like a flamethrower or adjusted by magnetic fields to shoot chargeable shots at a 250 meter distance. More it's charged though, the more powerful the impact and greater the distance. (Primary)
  • 2 50. Cal Heavy Machine Gun with Incendiary rounds. (Primary)
  • 2 Grenade launchers With Incendiary and frag grenades (Secondary)
  • 1 Flame thrower (Secondary)
  • 1 Light Machine Gun (Secondary)
Defensive Systems: (No official limit, but don't go too crazy. You still have to be reasonable.)
  • Smoke Screens and grenades, shoot out of large vents from the armor and the back to fire in front, covering the area in a thick smoke that definitely smells like the various drugs inside it.
  • Electric Field
  • Deployable Cover Projectile~ shot out of the grenaders, it creates a thick powerful, bullet and heat resistant foam that can be used as cover.
  • Auto-Darkening Visor: Allows protection from his own fire and plasma and thus allows him to see the area around through the intense light and head of his own weapons.
Support/Utility Systems: (Same as above. No official limit, but don't go too crazy. You still have to be reasonable.)
  • Advanced Sensor Suite: Primary function that allows him to see all targets through the Auto-Darkening Visor.
  • Healing Nanites Injector: Should anything get through and damage the pilot, these will help keep him alive long enough to patch things up.
  • Field Repair Suite: A Primary function as it allows the mech to repair it's own systems should they be damaged or even other mechs.
  • Magnetic Lock System: Keeps the Mech on the ground at all times
  • Twin Boosters: Allows for Zero-G travel or works as a good device for charging into the enemy at great speed.
  • Advanced Firing System: Allows the mech to auto-fire at all targeted opponents without the need for the pilot to aim the weapons too much. Still comes with Manual Firing if needed but overall it's just poking the screen and let the mech do it's work.

Last edited:
Back