Open Eiri's Compendium of Plots!

Eirianthe

Hello! I'm Eiri.

Thanks for stopping by!

About me and what I am looking for:

• I write a fair bit in my posts, but I am flexible. The least I can do is three-five paragraphs and the most I can do...well, let’s not test that.
  • I like to take my time with responses, to be sure that I can give you something quality to read. Depending on the RP, and how many I have going at once, it may take up to a week to get a reply from me. I will let you know if I am having trouble/suddenly terribly busy and can’t write. I don’t like dropping and I don’t like to be dropped. I am patient, and if it takes a week or more to get a response, it’s all good. Just please warn me ahead of time.
  • I like visuals, like pictures inserted into posts on occasion. Not a requirement, just something I like to do from time to time to better capture a scene.
  • I don’t like to do super detailed character profiles. I prefer to let the majority of the information come out in the roleplay. I do like character pictures, and perhaps a little blurb about them just to keep everything straight. For pictures I prefer realistic art and photo face-claims but no anime.
  • I don't have many taboos. Everything in moderation.
  • I love romance! But, romance is optional for those who don’t. Fade to black is vastly preferred.
  • I prefer females as my main and only do MxF romances for my main characters. I can and will play males as a main character but NOT in a romantic relationship.
  • Please be open to playing side characters and NPCs if the plot needs them.
  • I love plotting with my partners! I’m willing to discuss any of my ideas to fashion something we both enjoy. I also love getting to know my partners through OOC chatter, but this isn’t a must.
  • Can give writing samples on request.
  • If you're interested in one of my plots, please drop me a PM and let me know! If nothing here catches your interest and you have something else in mind, tell me! I might want do it, too. If you do PM me, please give me a little more than "I'm interested." Tell me what you're interested in. Ask questions if you have them. Ask me to elaborate. I will happily do it, and probably talk your ear off.

Genres and plot candies that make Eiri squee:
fantasy worlds, magic, adventures, knights and royalty, Victorian era, medieval era, modern fantasy, ghost stories, fairy tales, sweet romance, world building, time-travel, parallel world hopping.

Plots

Pardon the simple descriptions. Tried to make them as vague as possible so plotting can happen.

Genre: Fantasy; medieval, historical, modern, romance

Pairing: MxF (romance optional)

Ideas: Patient is on their deathbed. They would have died already, had it not been for the tireless dedication of their caregiver, but despite their best efforts it seems hopeless. As they prepare themselves and their patient for the inevitable end, the caregiver lays a comforting hand on the patient. This time, the touch is different, and the patient is inexplicably healed. After coming back from the brink of death, the patient discovers that they are somehow stronger than before, and are now invulnerable to further injury. And there’s the matter of the bond. Once strangers, and knowing little about their caregiver but their name, the patient is now able to sense the caregiver. Where they are, what they are feeling. And the caregiver can sense the same.

MC: Either patient or caregiver, probably F

YC: Either patient or caregiver, M or F

Notes: Based on Wheel of Time Warder and Aes Sedai bond. You don’t have to know anything about WoT to do this. Will want to RP the above scene and what happens after. There’s a lot of possibilities for the after. Open to plotting. REALLY WANT TO DO.

Genre: Modern or historical fantasy, supernatural, horror, haunting

Pairing: MxF (romance optional) or FxF (platonic)

Ideas: E. is a single mother with a young son. Following a family tragedy, she packs up her home and her son and takes off across the country, trying to escape her past and longing for a clean slate. Too bad the small town where she settles isn't precisely as picturesque as it seems. There's something sinister there, and it seems that only she can see it. Luckily, she is not alone. YC can see it too. Now, she's got a choice: fight back to protect her little family or flee?

MC: E and her son

YC: Paranormal investigator, exorcist, police/law enforcement, demon/ghost/other supernatural being. Also neighbor, old friend, ??, really open to whatever. Send me ideas!

Genre: Modern fantasy, supernatural, apocalyptic survival, very light fandom (Dragon Age: Inquisition)

Pairing: MxF (romance optional) or FxF (platonic)

Ideas: When the first rifts opened, no one knew what to think. It was a curiosity at best, the undulating light that appeared in the middle of downtown at rush hour. It was like an aurora had appeared in the middle of the day. The pictures appeared on the news that night, with officials offering no explanation for the phenomenon. No one seemed to care, as long as they could get a good shot for their Instagram. Then another one opened. Then more. Soon there wasn’t a town that didn’t have a rift somewhere in it. And then, all hell broke loose. Demons came slithering out of the rifts, monsters that delighted in destroying everything in their path.

N, a waitress, barely made it out of the little town where she lived. She owes her life to G, ex-military and her favorite customer. Together they brave the road, trying to get to Haven, where it is said to be protection from the rifts and the demons within. Who will they meet long the way? Can the rifts be closed for good?

Notes: Stealing DA:I ideas and putting a modern apocalyptic twist on it. Can go the whole “inquisitor” route with respun characters from the game, or leave it out entirely and focus on the less important people. Don't need to know anything about DA:I. Open to ideas!

MC: N and possibly G, and probably others

YC: G? fellow survivors? Denizens of Haven? Whatever you want.

Genre: Fantasy, Medieval, Romance, Adventure, Quest

Pairing: All kinds are needed/wanted. This plot is best for those who like to play a lot of characters. One or two mains, but plenty of others to fill in as they travel.

Ideas: King is away at war and has left the castle in charge of his feisty daughter/son and the more than capable castle Guard. Meanwhile an old enemy resurfaces, bent on taking over the kingdom in the King's absence. But it won't be that easy for the enemy or for those defending the kingdom. The Guard spirits the princess/prince out of the castle takes her/him to where they know she/he will be safe: the coastal lands, home to bandits, mercenaries and slavers. Counterproductive on the surface perhaps, but where coin speaks the loudest, a strong group can be raised to take the capital back from the enemy.

Notes: I have a lot of the plot/setting already in mind, for those who like to have a more formed story to play around in. However I am up for plotting with you and switching things up.

MC: M guard, F guard, others to include Prince/Princess if need be.

YC: Prince/Princess, MxF Guard, MxF Knight of the Realm, Slaver, Mercenary, Bandit, Coastal Lord, Pirate, Big Bad...the list is possibly endless. XD

Bare Bones Plots

Just ideas, less formed than the other plots. Most are medieval/renaissance settings and most can be in a fantasy world.

Ideas: The last thing X wanted to do is go to Y for help. Y and X are enemies, but Y doesn’t seem to know that. Yet. X is injured and will take their chances with a sworn enemy over the possibility of dying. Besides, there’s a huge storm coming, and if the injury doesn’t kill X, Mother Nature surely will.

Notes: have two possibilities for this, a medieval setting and a modern setting. Otherwise everything else is up in the air. And…go!

Ideas: Mage has studied magic all of their life. They just so happen to excel at harnessing natural magic, able to conjure winds or churn seas. While minding their own business, they find themselves being knocked out. They wake to find themselves on a ship in the middle of the ocean (somewhere they swore never to go). Their captor is a Pirate, notorious on the seas for their ruthless plunderous ways. Pirate needs Mage to help them sail to an island of unforetold riches, guarded by a sea monster that has claimed entire fleets. And they aren’t taking no for an answer.

Notes: Thinking of a light-hearted adventure story with some romance. Intentionally vague as the mage and pirate can be either gender.

Ideas: None really. Just a burning need to share in an adventure. Quests, magic, a macguffin, epic sprawling settings, war and the like. Give me! Will need heavy plotting.

Just Pairings

Room for making up a story.

Servant x Noble/royalty

Knight x Knight

Knight x Lord or lady

Knight x Squire (I sense a theme)

Knight x Mage

Cursed being x Mage

Mage x Mage

Hunter x mythical creature

Fandoms

These are the fandoms I am most familiar with and would be willing to do. I can do an OC in fandom settings, no canon characters cause…nah. But you’re more than welcome to!

DRAGON AGE (Would be a very happy Eiri with more DA in my life)

Elder Scrolls (Familiar with Skyrim and ESO, but super, super rusty)

Greedfall (How has no one played this? I loved the game, thought it could be better, but gamers are never satisfied.)

Assassins Creed (I’ve played most of the games so far, but not Valhalla. Yet.)

Lord of the Rings (Or LoTR –esque. Am a sucker for a grand adventure)

Supernatural (The early seasons. I lost track around season 9 and need to get caught up.)

Back