Akashic Arcana [End] Open Book || Library

0rganist

Eternal Wanderer of the Plains
@jrusso20

Lobelia was quick on her feet, finding her way through the sea of students that plagued the front door of the commons room after class, her soft pink summer dress draped across her slender legs as she walked delicately past everyone.

"Oops sorry honey," she spoke gently under her breath as she pressed her hands against a student's back, gently pushing him so he would move out of her way. The group of boys that accompanied the boy looked at her like she were prey, following her slender frame with greed, scanning her from head to toe, making her cheeks pick up a rosy color as she walked away.

Clearing her head, she looked up and around to ensure she was going the right way, it was not everyday she went to the library, but she needed to focus and get this stuff scheduled for the Summer Ball they were throwing.

I can't believe I forgot to work on this.... she thought as she pulled her purse from her shoulder, picking out a small gold-rose tablet she kept for event planning, I not only made Uriel join the event committee I also left him to do all the physical planning while I haven't even looked into catering companies...

Her heels clicked under her feet as she made her way to the library, the large front doors open wide, allowing for the nice weather to find its way in.

Students were scattered, some on the couches, some were actually looking for books through the large shelves and aisles.

Her eyes scanned across the place, her long blonde locks getting pushed out of her face by her well manicured, dainty hand. Eyes met with hers as she smiled at whoever crossed her, the kindness in her eyes softening the aura around her, making people turn and look as if she were from another plane of existence.

I have to-do list somewhere... She reached for her purse once again, struggling to find the small notebook she kept all her events and notes in, I swear if I lost it...

She took a seat near a window, placing her tablet on her lap as she continued to look for the notebook, finally finding it buried somewhere near the bottom of the purse.

Now to get to work, she told herself confidently, pushing her hair back into a high ponytail, the light from the sun that shone out, hitting the window so perfectly that to anyone around her, she would look like she was the source of the shine that came through.

Masego was already in the library, about ready to bash his head against a wall as he stared at the textbook in front of him. Magical history was kicking his ass so far and if he didn't get his facts together it might wind up as a one way ticket down to class C. He'd already fallen too far behind his team Solaris friends by getting stuck in class B, he couldn't afford to drop any lower.

It was then that he heard a distant spattering of sounds as a group of guys entered the building. They certainly didn't seem like the type of men who'd actively spend time in the library, they were looking for something. Or in this case, someone as Mago noticed them approaching an absolutely gorgeous girl who'd just sat down near a window close to him to work. He could tell that this might get unpleasant.

"Hey, pretty lady. Why'd you have to go running off so soon after our collision?" The apparent leader of the group, a scrawny Hispanic looking guy with piercings all over his face and blue spiked tips in his black hair. "Figured you and I could have more of a chat, instead of a lousy 'hello, goodbye'. What do you say, mamacita?"

Mago tried to catch the girl's eye, asking if she wanted help dealing with those idiots with his own eyes.

Mamacita? Her blue eyes trailed upwards to look up at the guy.

Love's face contorted to something similar to disgust, her eyebrow raised as she looked at the guy before looking past him and locking eyes with him, her lips curled up into a smile, her eyes just as soft as the smile across her lips.

She looked back up at the boy that still stood there, his failed attempt at flirting bothering her more than his obvious lack of respect for anyone of the opposite gender.

"Look buddy I kind of just..." she waived her hand dismissively, "out of my sight, I have work to do..."

She hoped that would send them away, or at least hope that she didn't look like a hopeless damsel in distress to anyone around her.

Of course I had to get bothered by these fools today out of all days, she thought to herself as she chewed on her lip nervously as she hoped for the best possible outcome: them taking a hint and leaving.

Despite her protests, the boys merely laughed and stayed where they were. "Ey now. Don't be like that. Me and my boys here were just wanting to get to know you a bit better that's all." He said, trailing his hand down to touch her arm creepily.

The hand was caught by Mago before he even touched Love. "Hey, pal. Word of advice. If a woman shuts you down that bluntly, maybe leave her alone." The grip was strong as Mago's eyes stared darkly into the Hispanic boy's. The moment he and Love locked eyes, he'd started striding over. As he pushed the boy back, he started rubbing his wrist in pain. Gazing at the tall and muscular frame that was Mago, he raised an eyebrow in recognition.

"Oye! You're the freak that nearly killed 100 first years in the entrance exam right? Tch, not worth messing with you, you'd just bring the library down on our heads. Let's go boys." He said, taking his posse out the way they came in.

Mago only sighed, upset that those jerks brought that mistake back up before looking to the girl. "Can you believe assholes like that made it into this academy? You alright?" He asked with a kind smile.

She looked up at the boy she had previously locked eyes with, his towering shape standing in front of the guy that had just been pathetically trying to get her attention.

100 first years, she looked at the boy in awe, her twinkling blue eyes looking over him as he intimidated the group away.

"I-I...." she stuttered quietly as she snapped off her lingering thoughts, "You didn't have to, it's not like they would've been able to do much...."

She blushed as she realized she had more than probably stared at him for a little longer than a while.
"T-thanks though," she smiled shyly at him, her rosy lips just as pink as her dress and as the warm color that came to her soft creamy cheeks.

She scooted over, allowing for a small part of the couch so he would be able to sit if he wanted to, it was sort of an offering, a small thanks from her for having him defend her.

Why do I always stare at people, damn, I'm so rude! She nervously chewed on her lip, looking down at her notebook.

He could almost feel the girl's eyes studying his body, it caused a faint blush to form on his face, his dark skin helping obscure it. He gave a shrug to the girl's words. "It's just my way. I don't like seeing good people get harassed by jerks, and you have a kind aura about you, so I just kinda leapt in." He nodded as she offered him a seat, quickly grabbed his textbook and sat down next her. "I'm Masego Zulu, it's nice to meet you." He said in his textbook friendly manner.

"I'm just as nice as people make me out to be," she said quietly in a rather teasing tone, tilting her head slightly to look at him, a small smile on her lips, "I'm Lobelia, or you can call me Love"

Her voice was soft and sugary, almost like melting vanilla ice cream on a hot summer's day. Her blue eyes contrasting the rest of the warmth that surrounded her looks.

"I almost feel bad I hadn't even heard of you before..." she said as she returned her gaze to the notebook, scheming through it as she looked for ideas for the event she still had to plan, "it's not everyday you hear about some hunk trying to annihilate a bunch of first years" She giggled quietly under her breath, her almost blatant flirty personality teasing at the poor guy.

"It's kind of disappointing, would've been a sight to see."

Her eyes returned to his, a grin parting across her lips as she tried to start some sort of small talk as to ensure there was no awkwardness created by her lack of control over her stares.

Oooh. Seems I've got a fan. Love's appreciation for the more destructive aspect of Mago's abilities worried him a little, making him desperate to try and salvage his reputation. "Well umm.. it was more me getting carried away in my entrance exam. I just got here so it's no surprise you haven't heard of me, but I wasn't trying to kill anyone. The President was just a very ferocious opponent." He said scratching the back of his head.

It was only after that awkward recovery that he realized that this girl called him a hunk. The blush on Mago's cheeks reddened as he found himself unable to look away from her gorgeous blue eyes. "Well, regardless, thanks. Maybe you'll g-get to see it again in the tournament coming up. You can just call me Mago by the way, since we're going off nicknames and all. That's a very pretty name, Lobelia. Where are you from?" He asked, his mind desperately trying to calm him down.

Uh.... the planning can wait.... She told herself as she closed the little book and rotated her body, her full attention on him as he tried to explain himself.

"Ah," she nodded in understanding, "I gotcha, yeah... the president is quite the opponent by the looks of it"

She shrugged casually, "fighting has never been something I seek, but it's a hobby of mine to study fights and the sort."

"It's Greek or something, funnily enough I am technically from Greece, but I was raised by my adoptive family in the South American Cooperation," she said quietly, trailing off as she mentioned the family that took her under their wing so many years ago.

"I feel, however, that is a moot point for me to ask where you're from considering your last name is Zulu, right?" She smirked and leaned over slightly, resting her elbows on the tops of her knees.

He let out a chuckle at her last point. "Yeah, it's pretty obvious that I'm from Haven. South Africa specifically though. You go deeper into Haven, they don't speak nearly as good English." he said knowingly, speaking from experience. "That's pretty cool though. This is the first time I've been out of Haven, but I've always wanted to go out and see the world. What's it look like in the SAC? Are there rolling fields and bountiful wildlife like in Haven, or is it more urban and modernized?"

He shifted so he could fully face her, unintentionally giving her a great view of his muscular form since he was currently wearing only a tank top on the upper half of his body. His green eyes were sparkling as he asked question after question, his love of learning about new people shining through.

She couldn't help but look him over just one more time, not intentionally, but her cheeks flushed a rose pink as she caught herself doing so once more.

"It's very city like... it really depends on where you go and where you live..." she recalled the place she called home, the huge house positioned near the sea that graced the Colombian shore, "I live in the city, but I've seen the poorer places in town also..."

The land she grew to love as her own, was a mixed bag, of the good and the bad. The rich and the poor.

"Its definitely different from here" she said with a smile, looking around the library, the perfectly sculpted ceilings and aisles reflecting the light from the multiple windows that decorated the walls.

He nodded as she described her homeland, it sounded familiar to what Haven had been like in the 20th century, before magic had been rediscovered. Places like his homeland were thriving cities, but the poorest of the poor lived in huts made of straw. "This place is definitely different." He agreed.

It was then that he remembered the notebook she'd brought with her, mentally slapping himself in the face for having forgotten. "Oh drat, I'm so sorry, you were trying to get some work done, and I just completely distracted you."

His curiosity was piqued though. "If you don't mind me asking though, what exactly are you working on?"

She looked down at her lap, the small book sotting there, almost begging for her to finish the project she had been bothering everyone with for the past month.

"Oh, I am one of the chairmen in the Events Committee," she said with a proud smile on her face, "the summer ball is coming up and I've been meaning to get this all scheduled... the food and what not..."

She looked at him, that smile still on her lips, "you should definitely come to it... that is if I get to finish the planning."

She winked at him, Love's blonde hair resting on her shoulder as she tilted her head slightly, "what about you? Why were you here?"

"Oh wow, that's awesome. Yeah I'll definitely be there." She wasn't exactly subtle in her hints towards him, so he shook off his nerves and decided to reciprocate. "Though it's always best to bring a date to one of these. You wouldn't happen to know anyone who needs a date would you?" He asked, giving her a wink of his own.

When the topic shifted over to what he was doing here, he held up his textbook. "I was just here studying for my History of Magic class. I'm having a real hard time keeping all the timelines straight in my head. You can probably guess, I'm more of a physical student than a mental one." He admitted, slightly embarrassed.

She looked at him with an arched brow, "I mean I'm sure there are still plenty of girls," she teased, "It really comes down to you picking one."

Love was well aware at what he was hinting at, but she was a playful tease, she got some sort of kick out of having people scramble around trying to figure out if they were direct enough or not.

Her lips curled down into a small pout, "I'm sure history just isn't much of your forte... but I'm sure most other mental subjects you're pretty good at."

"I actually am pretty bad at math," she laughed quietly, "I guess no matter how many times I read text books, or how many times I do a problem.... it just doesn't stick..."

"Must be what they say about us blondes, right?" her blue eyes had a playful spark to them, her tone was sincere and soft. Probably the best thing about her, was her absolute inability to allow someone to feel bad about themselves, even if she herself dreaded to spend time in her own skin.

"Hey now being bad at math alone doesn't make you a dumb blonde. I guess it's true, we all have our weaknesses." Mago said, returning the favor after she made him feel better for his own failure as a student.

"As for the dance, I was actually wondering if you might be available to go?" He asked again, deciding to forego subtlety. It was odd how shy he felt with Viola vs how confident he felt with Love. Maybe it was a sign of better chemistry at play? Regardless, he found himself incredibly attracted to this girl.

"Oh believe me hon, I do plenty of dumb blonde stuff," she giggled as she pointed at the little notebook she had been neglecting almost the full time, "I should've gotten this done a month ago probably"

Her smile was warm, like the rays of sun that shone through the window behind them. Her cheeks flushing with color as Mago invited her to the dance, "I... I mean I have to be there.... but I-I" she stuttered nervously, lacking the confidence to accept right out of the gate, "I would love to be accompained by you"

She smiled shyly at him, a small nod following the smile mostly to reassure herself. It was odd, to feel like you've known someone when you barely even knew them at all, but that was the case between her and the green eyed boy.

His smile grew wide as she accepted his invitation. "Awesome! I think we'll have a great a time." He said as he felt his heart almost skip a beat inside his chest. Shaka sighed in the background, evidently not a fan of this distraction, but Mago didn't care. He felt a connection with this girl, and was very glad to have earned a date with her.

"Well I think I've wracked my brain enough on history for today. If you need help on planning, I could always be of assistance. If not, I hope we get a chance to meet up again before the dance."

"I'm sure we will," she replied, her tone spiked with a little more than the regular excitement she carried in her voice when she spoke about the event.

She looked at him with a smug look on her face, "Are you trying to use me so you have an excuse to not study, boy?" Her lips curled into a teasing smirk.

"I might be. But I mostly just like helping people." He admitted with a smile. "I might also be looking for an excuse to spend more time with an incredibly attractive girl. Either or, or maybe both, I'll leave that up to you." This is a pointless distraction. Shaka screamed in his ear. The most it caused was a visible twitch in Mago's face as he pushed Shaka out of his thoughts and focused on Love.

Back