Endurn: Heart of the Alauum [Interest Check]

Since the bottom of the character page says keep asking questions, I will do just that lol. What exactly defines divination and purification magic? Those are the two I'm stuck between. Are they capable of attacking as well, or can they only do what their name suggests, divinate the future and purify darkness?

Edit: On the character sheet, there's a different list of mages. Is that the legitimate one or is the one on the races page the correct one? Sorry for all the newby questions, I just want to make sure I don't misunderstand.

Last edited:
I am interested. Count me in! I will make my sheet and ask questions when I wake up.

Since the bottom of the character page says keep asking questions, I will do just that lol. What exactly defines divination and purification magic? Those are the two I'm stuck between. Are they capable of attacking as well, or can they only do what their name suggests, divinate the future and purify darkness?

Edit: On the character sheet, there's a different list of mages. Is that the legitimate one or is the one on the races page the correct one? Sorry for all the newby questions, I just want to make sure I don't misunderstand.
So, if you look on the right column of the "Mana in Endurn" page, you'll see a brief description of all the mana types. The definitions I have posted for Divination and Purification are:

Divination: The ability to commune with the divine entities for guidance, aid, or boons.

Purification: The Ability to return something to it's original and pure state, including healing and removal of toxins, etc.

As far as I know, there's no list of mages on the Races page. All of the mages are in a list on the "Character Sheet" page.

Classes are chosen by players on a first-come-first-serve basis and only one player may choose any one archetype. In the IC, these will represent the souls of the Heroes of the Talohm which meld with the protagonists to allow the Talohm to partake in the battle for the restoration of the Great Balance. In the OOC, you'll simply decide for yourself what fits.

Class Selection [Heroes of the Talohm]
ONE CHARACTER EACH

A note on mages~
The Spirits of the Talohm are heroes and and protectors of the Great Balance. They will not bind themselves to someone that is evil by nature. The Talohm specifically plucked those of pure heart from the world to use as Spirit Vessels because their fate ensured they were each of pure heart. If the hero mage suspects the abilities it is giving to the user or any other mana are being used for evil, they will cut off access and work to bring the character back to a good alignment. Evil characters can not be "evil at heart," only "evil by mistake" in the sense that they are struggling, confused, or otherwise hindered from being their true, good self.

Select your mage from the character sheets page list. That page is meant to guide you through the process of making your character.

The following mages are still available:

Dark
Death
Valor
Offense

Select your mage from the character sheets page list. That page is meant to guide you through the process of making your character.

The following mages are still available:

Dark
Death
Valor
Offense[/QUOTE]

Right, thank you for confirming :) I'm almost done with my creation of a dark mage

This full? It looks incredibly interesting and I would like to join if you would have me.
(Plus I really like the rules you've set.)

Last edited:
We're down to the last few slots and it's first come first serve so go have a look at the character page and get a mage reserved :)

In that case I would like to lay claim to the mage of Valor, as it seems the most interesting!
Yes! Good choice! We need one of those :p Feel free to hop into the OOC and make your char. Remember, ask me about things as you write. The attitudes of cultures, the way magick worlds, etc. I have a system I've been using for 4 years and it can be tricky to understand. I did write up a page on mana, and I'm currently adding "cultural attitudes" to the Races page, to help everyone get a better vibe for how things work.

I see that offense and death are the last one open.I am unsure which one to take. How musclebound are mages allowed to be if elves? I can't help but think offense mage only as a musclebound elf.

Last edited:
I see that offense and death are the last one open.I am unsure which one to take. How musclebound are mages allowed to be if elves? I can't help but think offense mage only as a musclebound elf.
Could be a Dwarf, or you could follow along the lines of my guy and make it more about skill than attributes.

Well the best thingabout mana is that it doesn't require physical strength :) all the races are strong enough to work hard, wield weapons, etc. So I don't think you need to worry about that. Also, feel free to make he soul sword into any soul weapon, just no guns in this rp.

That said the Dhomharan and the deep sea Almiun are the strongest races

Well the best thingabout mana is that it doesn't require physical strength :) all the races are strong enough to work hard, wield weapons, etc. So I don't think you need to worry about that. Also, feel free to make he soul sword into any soul weapon, just no guns in this rp.

That said the Dhomharan and the deep sea Almiun are the strongest races
That is cool, though a sudden thought came in mind.

''Old Soul: The user can access the memories of the Talohm Hero bound to their soul, retrieving old wisdoms not accessible to others.''

Now, technically mage of deaf's ''Communication with the Dead'' spell could also affect their hero soul, perhaps?

''Old Soul: The user can access the memories of the Talohm Hero bound to their soul, retrieving old wisdoms not accessible to others.''

Now, technically mage of deaf's ''Communication with the Dead'' spell could also affect their hero soul, perhaps?
Yeah totally it could!

Just make sure you don't replicate the ability all together. The communion with the Dead is more about being able to ask questions whereas my char's ability is based on seeing memories as if they were her own :) we want each ability to be as unique as possible!

For any future members that arrive here looking to join: we only have one mage left, the mage of offense. That being said, if your life is going to be miserable without this rp (which would make me sad) pm me and I'll see what I can do.

Back