Escapes and Breaches

Green Door

Feverspawn

Twisted creatures crawl forth from the land of madness and sickened dreams. This knowledge is known by anyone who has stared up at the lights of a surgical theater when the only disease is of the soul, those who sleep fitfully on padded floors, and those who cry out for peace when the insides of their skulls bring them only war. Watch the them scuttle. Watch them dance. Watch them hunt. Rejoice, maddened one, for soon the angels will take you far beyond your sickened mind.

Manylegs

The children cried inside their metal webs, pulling at the rusty threads.
Their screams called others to help out, peeling throats inside out.
Silence wormed inside their heads, parents rotting in their beds.
And when their screams reached Manylegs, he ripped their lungs right out.

What's this? A little bird, fallen from the nest? However will you return? It is so very high and you have fallen so very far.

Oh, such a racket that makes. The bars keep you safe, child, do you not see me struggle to pluck you from your shell? There is not but empty air behind this iron. It is no place for fledglings.

Cry later, sweetling. You must find your talons, even through your tears. Simply follow my lines, and you will find your wings.

Fly now, little bird. I do not hunt the halls alone.

Loving Companions

Hog and Hound, Cat and Crow, these are the names we've come to know.
They offer love and hugs and sweets and tea,
But give teeth and claws to you and me.

Filthy figures in cloaks stand outside. Do not answer them. Do not look at them. Do not let them in. They are not your pets, even if they have their heads. They are sewn to them. Do you not see the stitches? The naked flesh of a women? They care not for themselves, clad only in grime. They only seek you, child, for things best not spoken of.

Fret not, for there is one who can save you. Do you not see me, apart from the others? A loyal hound, am I not?

Just open the door.

Open the door.

Please.

Back