Experimenting with some stories

Randium

Hey there.

I read about these types of forums, and it encouraged me a lot to try it out once. I am planning on writing an interactive story, and I'd like to visit this forum once in a while to find out what kind of stories are being liked (and which aren't).
Don't expect me to react to forums with a stable frequency, I'm too busy for that. However, I would love to try this out.

I mean I am thinking of writing an app where people are writing a story together. A game that you can play on your phone when you're sitting together by the fire in the forest (or something like that). Then the phone will be given to a player. He tells a small part of the story seen from his perspective. At one point, he has to choose what his character will do, for example how he will react on a certain event. After he made a choice, he hands the phone over to the next player. That next player tells the next part of the story from his perspective, then makes a choice of what to do, then hands it over to the next player.
The phone generates the story based upon the choices that the player make.
I am not sure if I am actually going to do it, I'm still browsing a little through some ideas. It's not a vast plan, maybe I'm just gonna get stuck writing and reading cool stories on this forum.

The theme of the story will probably be some medieval town, with some slight horror effects to it. Although I'm not entirely sure about that either.

Who knows.

Sounds like you're trying to make an ap that's basically forum RPs meets choose your own adventure novels. :p

That sounds like it'd be a big task, not gonna lie, though if you do get it working that could be rather fun. :D
Anyways, if that's your general goal you've certainly found the right place, forum RPs should be good practice towards setting up such a thing.

You might also like the writers circle which is a section of the site where people get together discuss and share ideas about writing.

Back